Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3554393)   #76
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Sorry to hear that Claire, I hope that you recover the love soon, because you have done a lot for the sport as a volunteer official and a race promoter, and I know that it's a struggle.

See you at Snetterton on 4 July.
Thanks Andy... Yes good to have you back, catch up long overdue I think
Old 3 Jul 2015, 02:42 (Ref:3555520)   #77
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've now tried to boost this forum, I started a thread on a historic race meeting my club is running this weekend. I'm interested in historic racing in Europe and USA and see how it compares with what we have/do in Australia.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 10:28 (Ref:3555577)   #78
Fletchyboy
Rookie

Fletchyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone. Started racing 3 years ago in my Droopsnoot Firenza in CSCC and CTCRC where I met Big Al . Bought an Imp for the pre 66 series and also share a mini in the swinging sixties. Just bought the ex Les Nash Lotus Cortina although the guy I bought it from believed it belonged to his son Vaughan. Love reading what everybody is up to but being an old fart can find chat rooms needlessly aggressive but feeling brave today. Racing the Imp and Firenza at Brands on 24/25th July. Anyone else out?
Gary
Old 3 Jul 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3555602)   #79
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Most on here are old farts so you need not worry.

Think the term is at least grumpy.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3555728)   #80
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gary, John is right. A few of us are grumpy but not too much aggression and if it gets out of hand, they get their wrists slapped, so keep posting, please.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 02:32 (Ref:3555847)   #81
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hi, folks! I write on Wikipedia about sports (both in English and Spanish).

For no particular reason, today I expanded the article Historic motorsport and the respective Spanish article. Which means that I searched about historic racing, which I'm fairly uneducated about.

I'm personally interested in major events. Apparently the two major promoters are Peter Auto (CER) and Masters Historic Racing (FIA Masters).

But many of you seem involved in club racing. You race for yourselves, not for spectators.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3555870)   #82
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Gary, John is right. A few of us are grumpy but not too much aggression and if it gets out of hand, they get their wrists slapped, so keep posting, please.
Ah! John! Then there is always me.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3555885)   #83
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed but I make allowances due to your age!!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3555886)   #84
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

For no particular reason, today I expanded the article Historic motorsport and the respective Spanish article. Which means that I searched about historic racing, which I'm fairly uneducated about.

I'm personally interested in major events. Apparently the two major promoters are Peter Auto (CER) and Masters Historic Racing (FIA Masters).

But many of you seem involved in club racing. You race for yourselves, not for spectators.
It's a good list and there are so many in the UK to chose from. I think that adding the Spring Start Meeting at Silverstone with the VSCC, the Superprix at Brands Hatch with the HSCC and The Autumn Classic at Castle Combe would probably be OK as well.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3555892)   #85
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

NaB you can get some idea of the Historic scene in the UK if you take a look at;

www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics

Salut!

Bauble.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3556023)   #86
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hi, Bauble! Nice photos. You are welcome to upload some to Wikimedia Commons with a free licence Check mine from Uruguay.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3556206)   #87
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

The wonders of Wikipedia....
now I know what to make of it
why would somebody expand an article about a subject he claims to be "fairly uneducated about".

Now, I might be very old fashioned in these matters, but I tend to stay quiet about subjects that i am uneducated about.

also:
Legends will be interested to read that they are not a major promoter.

R.E.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3556214)   #88
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Thanks for the tip, I had totally missed Motor Racing Legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I tend to stay quiet about subjects that i am uneducated about.
Well, I searched about the subject to write the article. As a results, I learned and the article is more complete.

Wikipedia is always under construction. I'm never fully satisfied about the articles I find. That's why I check them every while and improve them.