Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3558620)   #101
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are not alone Max. As we saw above Shenstone DMC are looking at leaving the MSA and they are a big player in the Midlands. If you think that Time Attack and its variations plus drifting are all run commercially, as are track days and all outside of the MSA,
NASA is huge on some areas and get several hundred drivers at an event. it is very family orientated with a high number of ladies and kids racing.
Straightliners is drag racing run outside the MSA and run under IPDA. Turn up with a crash hat and pay £40, get scrutineered and off you go!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 08:08 (Ref:3558704)   #102
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to cheer everyone up.....there'll be a new FIA clothing standard along soon. You may have noticed little holograms appearing on the latest FIA stuff, that's a really good initiative to stop dodgy imports with forged logos. However it also very effectively dates all equipment.

I believe all overall manufacturers have to re-homologate in 2016/2017, I already know of one manufacturer who is on the cusp of giving up production because of the cost, so I don't expect the prices under the new homologations to be as low as they are now. I don't know if the standard has changed but I hope it has reflected the advance in material technologies available since 2000. But you can be sure that there will be a new standard soon, and your current overalls will be banned not long after

And on that cheery note I return to my cash register before I drown in money from the mass of people beating a path to my door to comply with the latest MSA edicts. It's a wonderful life!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3558732)   #103
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Just to cheer everyone up.....there'll be a new FIA clothing standard along soon. You may have noticed little holograms appearing on the latest FIA stuff, that's a really good initiative to stop dodgy imports with forged logos. However it also very effectively dates all equipment.

I believe all overall manufacturers have to re-homologate in 2016/2017, I already know of one manufacturer who is on the cusp of giving up production because of the cost, so I don't expect the prices under the new homologations to be as low as they are now. I don't know if the standard has changed but I hope it has reflected the advance in material technologies available since 2000. But you can be sure that there will be a new standard soon, and your current overalls will be banned not long after

And on that cheery note I return to my cash register before I drown in money from the mass of people beating a path to my door to comply with the latest MSA edicts. It's a wonderful life!
...and the crafty beggar just sold me a new suit a month ago!!!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3558734)   #104
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
See this is ALL a conspiracy ...."stone him! Stone him"
Old 15 Jul 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3558784)   #105
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Don't worry, you'll be too old to race by the time yours wears out.

You could always join one of the thriving non-MSA race series that will be happening by the time the new standard is instigated.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3558785)   #106
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Don't worry, you'll be too old to race by the time yours wears out.

You could always join one of the thriving non-MSA race series that will be happening by the time the new standard is instigated.
Watch out ... He will be making u join HIS club which is affiliated to HIS governing body!!.... George Orwell, where are you now!!!!
Old 17 Jul 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3559127)   #107
midgetman
Veteran

You can join my club, but I don't need a governing body.. that's the whole point. As long as someone is prepared to exempt the event from the provisions of the Road Traffic Act then that's it.

I actually know quite a bit about this as gamekeeper turned poacher We've done it at Clay and Llandow but don't need the exemption as karts aren't motor vehicles under the provisions of the RTA. We could do the same with single seaters too.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3559131)   #108
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
You can join my club, but I don't need a governing body.. that's the whole point. As long as someone is prepared to exempt the event from the provisions of the Road Traffic Act then that's it.

I actually know quite a bit about this as gamekeeper turned poacher We've done it at Clay and Llandow but don't need the exemption as karts aren't motor vehicles under the provisions of the RTA. We could do the same with single seaters too.
Then do it x