Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3105941)   #1
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the supercar drivers were banned....

What's your thoughts on the main game drivers not being allowed to have a skid at the supertourer enduros?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3105945)   #2
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's ******. Fairly precious, me thinks. It's not as if they're GP teams.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3105949)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This starting to become V8SC Vs Super Tourers all over again.

Oh wait...
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3105953)   #4
onza
Rookie

I think there might be some scared people over the ditch.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3105955)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. Stephen Richards isnt running then?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3105960)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why are they not allowed? Because of politics?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3105969)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3105974)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weak

I wonder if any of the motorsport publications will have a spine and report on this...... let alone have an opinion on it.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3106003)   #9
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
irony at it's best.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3106017)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why are they not allowed? Because of politics?
Pretty much. Cant think of any other reason that wouldnt involve an explanation. I think its pretty petty to do such a thing. It doesnt hurt anyone and gives the Kiwis the chance to see main game series drivers in action again this year.

Mind you if an individual team acting on its own barred their own drivers from going across the ditch for a certain reason e.g they believed it was too much of a distraction from their main drive, then that I could understand but I think the real reasons for this barring goes deeper then that.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3106019)   #11
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If one of the drivers who wanted to race had real balls they could hit V8SC with a restraint of trade law suit !?!?!?!?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3106029)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
If one of the drivers who wanted to race had real balls they could hit V8SC with a restraint of trade law suit !?!?!?!?
If they had the balls to do so...

I couldnt see anyone doing it, I think the hassle and harrassment they'd get from V8SC as payback would be enough to deter them from taking them to court.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3106035)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So V8SC are a bunch of hypocrites. Hopefully next time foreign big names aren't allowed to drive in the V8SC enduro events.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3106044)   #14
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why are none of the Australian motorsports media outlets reporting this?

Like FIRE Says, it would be great karma if for future runnings of the Tax Money 600 at the Gold Coast, international drivers are not allowed to race there.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3106129)   #15
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on. Just cause SVG isn't going to do the rounds with Corkery doesn't automatically mean SC have 'banned them does it?

Is there genuinely more to this than a change of heart?

I can see that perhaps it has been suggesed that Shane stay away because Corkery has struggled for pace and it does him no good but that would be a team decision, not SC yes?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3106158)   #16
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Hold on. Just cause SVG isn't going to do the rounds with Corkery doesn't automatically mean SC have 'banned them does it?

Is there genuinely more to this than a change of heart?

I can see that perhaps it has been suggesed that Shane stay away because Corkery has struggled for pace and it does him no good but that would be a team decision, not SC yes?
Opp's, I see on another thread that TC has advised blah blah.
Interesting. Feeling threathened much?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 03:55 (Ref:3106227)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
anyone got a link to this apparant banning?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:20 (Ref:3106235)   #18
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err theres alreay V8Supercar drivers running in the championship....
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3106240)   #19
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
Err theres alreay V8Supercar drivers running in the championship....
i would suggest that the apparent warning from cochrane to the SC drivers would be aimed at the top 15- ish who are getting proper salaries and who are the drawcards ,dont think murf would be on much now...more like next to nothing but can keep his outside of v8SC earnings up by still being labelled as current,,,,and fabian is still getting there in regards to status.....i would doubt that Wall,reindler,douglas,fiore etc would worry TC...and certainly wouldn't make anyone new go to watch ST enduros..
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:39 (Ref:3106241)   #20
onza
Rookie

Oh you non believers make me giggle.... It will all come out very shortly I believe...
Old 14 Jul 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3106279)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
anyone got a link to this apparant banning?
Pecky - see the first post and that might explain the lack of link at this stage.

Are you suggesting something like this would be out of character for V8SA?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3106318)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Pecky - see the first post and that might explain the lack of link at this stage.

Are you suggesting something like this would be out of character for V8SA?
Yes i am, totally.

Why was lowndes allowed to do the 12 hour race? Seems illogical to allow him to race there and not have others race in NZ

Now if SBR had said it, that might explain more.

But i will add, my sisters neighbors dog is from the same litter as TC's neighbors dog, and I'm told this is BS
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3106321)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Yes i am, totally.

Why was lowndes allowed to do the 24 hour race? Seems illogical.

Now if SBR had said it, that might explain more.

But i will add, my sisters neighbors dog is from the same litter as TC's neighbors dog, and I'm told this is BS
Does V8's see the nurburgring 24 hour as a competitor? This may explain this.

Time will tell Peckstar - however you dont find it slightly coincidental between the initial post and Van Gizbergen's twitter post? Or are we going to hold our heads in the sand?

Would be good to see someone like Auto Action or Speedcafe do some investigating into this - but as has been discussed I wont be holding my breath for this to occur
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3106325)   #24
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
If they had the balls to do so...

I couldnt see anyone doing it, I think the hassle and harrassment they'd get from V8SC as payback would be enough to deter them from taking them to court.
But they would then be in Contempt of Court which is worse than any restraint of Trade.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3106364)   #25
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Peter McKay gets hold of it.