Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jul 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3106892)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't seem to edit my own post.

Looks like Fabian Coulthard is also a scratching. Circumstantial evidence but it does seem to be building...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3106903)   #52
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Zero is a number.

Random forum poster is as credible as a ****ed guy at the pub with a tinfoil hat.

Show me a source with any credibility and I might listen. There seems to be one poster here who has posted unsubstantiated allegations here and I can't find mention of it anywhere else. I find it very difficult to believe we wouldn't hear more of it if it were true.

Also regarding any professional media reporting on this there's a thing called defamation in the form of libel, where you make accusations you have no proof of and if they cannot be proven to be true, you will be sued for damaging someone's reputation with false allegations.
Fabian credible enough?

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialFabianCoulthardFanPage
Old 16 Jul 2012, 04:59 (Ref:3106909)   #53
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Looks like Fabian Coulthard is also a scratching. Circumstantial evidence but it does seem to be building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Fabian credible enough?
2+2 does not necessarily equal 5. 2 prominent drivers are not going, despite one of them at least showing intent to go prior.

There's been no other comment so far so maybe its true and maybe they are gagged.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3106918)   #54
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Fabs is out...
Oh looky here.... Maybe I am more credible than I've been credited...

See who else mysteriously pulls out this week huh..
Old 16 Jul 2012, 06:08 (Ref:3106922)   #55
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
theyre scared
Old 16 Jul 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3106923)   #56
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(If it turns out that V8SA has perhaps encouraged drivers not to compete), would V8ST fight fire with fire and suggest their regulars not run at Sandown or Bathurst??
Old 16 Jul 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3106924)   #57
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
(If it turns out that V8SA has perhaps encouraged drivers not to compete), would V8ST fight fire with fire and suggest their regulars not run at Sandown or Bathurst??
Nice joke mate..........bigger issue right now is that V8ST are 'on their own" with no support from v8SC and at logger heads with MNZ and no support classes on any note..........i would be ******* nervous about the future.....stars in cars only works until the current crop in ST become boring to the few loyal fans......i like ST a lot but this is another big nail in future growth...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3106930)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a thought, is V8ST officially sanctioned by MSNZ, and therefore FIA?

I have no idea, just asking
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3106996)   #59
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://http://www.speedcafe.com/2012...r-withdrawals/

Well......wow!

I look at the statement provided by V8SA, and to not look like total hypocrites, Steve Owen and Craig Lowndes need to cease playing in GT Vehicles. Tim Slade should never step foot in a speedcar. And I hope the Kelly's / Team Vodafone never go bike riding or rallying again.

I understand that there is competition in some respects, being a V8 and a Commodore/Falcon, but seriously.... The V8 Supertourer series is a local alternative, and albeit a bloody good one, is not really at this stage competition. I mean, if they were REALLY concerned, at this years Bathurst 12hr, they would have stopped at least 3 drivers from being 'potentially injured' prior to their season opener.....

Scared - indeed!
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3107000)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3107002)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post

Well......wow!

I look at the statement provided by V8SA, and to not look like total hypocrites, Steve Owen and Craig Lowndes need to cease playing in GT Vehicles. Tim Slade should never step foot in a speedcar. And I hope the Kelly's / Team Vodafone never go bike riding or rallying again.

I understand that there is competition in some respects, being a V8 and a Commodore/Falcon, but seriously.... The V8 Supertourer series is a local alternative, and albeit a bloody good one, is not really at this stage competition. I mean, if they were REALLY concerned, at this years Bathurst 12hr, they would have stopped at least 3 drivers from being 'potentially injured' prior to their season opener.....

Scared - indeed!
Link Here.. fixed...

So.. what did Mr Cochrane think of Mr Owen participating in Mr Weeks' Ford GT40 at Eastern Creek at the weekend? I notice that he wasnt publicly sanctioned or threatened with castration or worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeedAdCafe Article
Speedcafe.com understands that the announcements have come following a recent briefing to the V8 Supercars teams by chairman Tony Cochrane in which they were strongly discouraged from allowing their drivers to take part in the domestic series.
Doesnt sound definitive does it... honestly...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3107004)   #62
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well......wow!

Scared - indeed!
Well I agree there is so many drivers that compete in other classes. I think it adds more fans to a driver and then super cars that this seems a little small minded
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3107015)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is a genuine risk to teams if they allow their pilots to drive on weekends other than their allotted V8Supercar championship activities. A driver can easily get hurt (Robert Kubica is perhaps the most public, and sad, example of this) in circumstances that are not necessarily their fault.

I wouldnt mind betting that Mr Cochrane's conversation with the teams, if indeed it actually happened as rote, related the example of Kelly Racing and Mr Murphy's unavailability... the car is not performing on the track with either of its replacement pilots... which would not be pleasing the sponsor, nor the team looking to perhaps lock in that sponsor for a multi year agreement.

If a teamowner informs a driver that they pay their bills on the strength of their V8Supercar involvement, and that the risk of running in any other event is in excess of what might be determined as acceptable to the teamowner paying those bills... you can kinda see the point..

Might have been prudent to have that kinds of discussion BEFORE the drivers apparently agreed to drive other events however...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3107025)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this same press release announced that another full time v8 driver was signing for the enduros, to be announced tomorrow, with another one soon
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3107031)   #65
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sanctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Just a thought, is V8ST officially sanctioned by MSNZ, and therefore FIA?

I have no idea, just asking
No!

If you run a sanctioned series, MSNZ can 'interfere'. If you elect to run a non-sanctioned series such as V8ST, then the series is responsible for administering and applying its own rules and penalties.

MSNZ are then only responsible as Stewards of the meeting for the usual permit, safety and driving standards as per the book and cannot interfere with the administration.

The meeting is still run under the FIA via MSNZ but I am not sure of those intricacies!
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3107032)   #66
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need to hypothesise, the real reason is obviously TC wanting the Pukekohe V8SC round to be the only time the Kiwis get to see the V8SC drivers competing on Kiwi soil, solely to increase the importance and crowd-pulling power of the event.
The GT races obviously weren't important enough to warrant any action, but may now suffer from the flow-on effects of this announcement in order for TC to seem consistent.
I would think that the alleged threat to deny TV coverage to any one who doesn't abide by the decision is illegal and Ford and/or Holden should be letting their feelings known publicly if the individual team owners are reluctant to stand up to TC on this matter.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3107034)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is Ford still participating in V8Supercar?
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3107036)   #68
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see a bit of double standards though.

Murphy and Lowndes - Huge names (albeit one on past glories) who are bigger than the sport in their counties, being allowed to do as they wish within reason.

Fabian and Shane - Up and comers, somewhat under the thumb.

The same is evident in F1 - Kubica was the star of the team - no doubt Petrov wouldn't have been allowed to go and rally.

Still, to set this 'precedent' and yet allow Steve Owen to go and pedal a GT the next weekend is absolute garbage. If he was driving a foreign series that might pose a threat, I have no doubt he'd be 'sanctioned' (not that he gets that much coverage at the moment...)
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3107044)   #69
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's bull**** this and **** weak statement from IV8SC. just my opinion.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3107053)   #70
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Ford still participating in V8Supercar?

I'm sure if FPR were to win Bathurst they'd like the publicity, even if it was only for old times sake !
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3107054)   #71
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
No need to hypothesise, the real reason is obviously TC wanting the Pukekohe V8SC round to be the only time the Kiwis get to see the V8SC drivers competing on Kiwi soil, solely to increase the importance and crowd-pulling power of the event.
The GT races obviously weren't important enough to warrant any action, but may now suffer from the flow-on effects of this announcement in order for TC to seem consistent.
I would think that the alleged threat to deny TV coverage to any one who doesn't abide by the decision is illegal and Ford and/or Holden should be letting their feelings known publicly if the individual team owners are reluctant to stand up to TC on this matter.
i think you are all missing the point.......v8St(and fans/supporters and in disguise members) have compared themselves to V8SC and stated they will be faster at certain tracks etc etc...that is direct competition...forget v8sc drivers doing GT/bathurst 12hr etc etc....have a scroll back thru some of the many posts since V8st came along ....its not rocket science...seriously
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3107061)   #72
Juarez Jed
Veteran

No I haven't missed the point, Tc is a ringmaster and there are 2 circuses in the same town .
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3107062)   #73
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
No I haven't missed the point, Tc is a ringmaster and there are 2 circuses in the same town .
yep...you have then
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3107072)   #74
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What I think is funny is that in 2 hours 28 people like the fact the SVG isn't racing in the series!!!
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3107073)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I can see a bit of double standards though.

Murphy and Lowndes - Huge names (albeit one on past glories) who are bigger than the sport in their counties, being allowed to do as they wish within reason.

Fabian and Shane - Up and comers, somewhat under the thumb.

The same is evident in F1 - Kubica was the star of the team - no doubt Petrov wouldn't have been allowed to go and rally.

Still, to set this 'precedent' and yet allow Steve Owen to go and pedal a GT the next weekend is absolute garbage. If he was driving a foreign series that might pose a threat, I have no doubt he'd be 'sanctioned' (not that he gets that much coverage at the moment...)
Do you really think Mr Cochrane would be able to say 'no' to Mr Morris... whose major sponsor in VIP Petfoods is of common ownership of the Australian GT series...

Somehow.. not likely