Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3975202)   #101
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Creventic yesterday announced a "new" calendar for 2020 which is in fact the existing calendar but with COTA 24H replaced with a Zandvoort 12H.

The Dutch North Sea coast in mid-November wouldn't be my first choice of spectator trip, much as I would like to see Zandvoort.

The calendar still has Portimao 24H in mid-June and Monza 10-11 July. Frankly I reckon anyone who thinks those two events will go ahead, even behind closed doors, has been smoking too much home-grown pipeweed, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

https://creventic.com/races
Old 9 May 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3975240)   #102
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Creventic yesterday announced a "new" calendar for 2020 which is in fact the existing calendar but with COTA 24H replaced with a Zandvoort 12H.

The Dutch North Sea coast in mid-November wouldn't be my first choice of spectator trip, much as I would like to see Zandvoort.

https://creventic.com/races
Eh, it can be just as miserable in mid-August. In fact, they typically run a round of the Dutch Winter Endurance Championship there at that time of the year, so from a racing point of view it should work out alright - and hotels are gonna be a lot cheaper.
Old 30 May 2020, 22:17 (Ref:3979368)   #103
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like they are going ahead with Portimao 24hr 13-14 June
although entry kind of reminds me of the early Creventic non-Dubai races (19 cars on the list)

https://www.24hseries.com/races/24h-portimao-2020
Old 31 May 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3979420)   #104
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Looks like they are going ahead with Portimao 24hr 13-14 June
although entry kind of reminds me of the early Creventic non-Dubai races (19 cars on the list)

https://www.24hseries.com/races/24h-portimao-2020
They previously said it wouldn't run with fewer than 20 entries, so let's hope someone else signs up.
Old 31 May 2020, 12:49 (Ref:3979449)   #105
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They previously said it wouldn't run with fewer than 20 entries, so let's hope someone else signs up.
...also, anyone wanting to take part has to go to Portugal today, as they still have a 14 day quarantine rule in place until June 29th.
Old 31 May 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3979458)   #106
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
...also, anyone wanting to take part has to go to Portugal today, as they still have a 14 day quarantine rule in place until June 29th.
Portugal does not impose a mandatory quarantine on people arriving from abroad. The mandatory 14 day quarantine is for Madeira and the Azores only, I believe.
Old 31 May 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3979481)   #107
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Portugal does not impose a mandatory quarantine on people arriving from abroad. The mandatory 14 day quarantine is for Madeira and the Azores only, I believe.
Yes, you're correct for people arriving from Schengen countries, plus Angola, Brazil, Canada, Cape Verde, Ireland, Mozambique, Sao Tomé, UK and USA.

And that probably covers most people who are going to be racing in the 24h Series.
Old 31 May 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3979507)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're going to include Brazil in that list then why bother with a list at all?
Old 15 Jun 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3982137)   #109
Drake12321
Rookie

Drake12321 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that 14 days isolation will be made for this event.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4017465)   #110
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did u see that!?!?!

Dodge Viper GT3-R from Zakspeed at Dubai 24h...

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24...t3-r-zakspeed/

Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4017493)   #111
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
In theory it's possible to go to Dubai - it's open, there are flights and it's currently one of the few places you can visit without having to quarantine on return to the UK. I probably won't risk it though...!

They recently announced the 2021 calendar:

24H Dubai 14-16 Jan
6H Abu Dhabi 22-23 Jan
12H Mugello 26-27 Mar
12H Spa 24-25 Apr
12H Hockenheim 22-23 May
24H Portimao 9-11 Jul
24H Barcelona 3-5 Sep
12H Pergusa 2-3 Oct
24H Sebring 12-14 Nov

Sebring is an interesting addition. I'm definitely going to try to get to Portimao and Barcelona (which just for once don't clash with 9 other GT events each).

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...-calendar.html
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:03 (Ref:4017558)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Who’d want to go to Dubai though? It might be easy to get into, but I’d hardly hurry there and nor would many other I suppose

Good calendar btw. Some circuits better than others, but at least we have varieties in length, circuit and location

Sebring 24? Well the 12 hour there is epic enough, imagine how awesome it will be doing it double that length
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:15 (Ref:4017560)   #113
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Who’d want to go to Dubai though? It might be easy to get into, but I’d hardly hurry there and nor would many other I suppose
it's not that easy - the gulf 12 hour at the start of january was moved to bahrain because iirc dubai want a much longer period of self isolation upon entering the country. it's still not perfect going to bahrain - think they have to leave on or just before new years day to get the few days isolation done. imagine paying for a 14 day hotel stay for your entire team upon arrival, and having to figure out how to compensate the contract staff. it's a big budget increase.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:45 (Ref:4017569)   #114
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Good calendar btw. Some circuits better than others, but at least we have varieties in length, circuit and location

Sebring 24? Well the 12 hour there is epic enough, imagine how awesome it will be doing it double that length
I hope they follow the same format as the COTA 24 hours. I liked the overnight break idea from 11 pm to 7 am. Get to see more racing and get more daylight time too. If they did that then the chances of me attending the Sebring 24 will increase. The other key to make it work is to have a strong GT3 grid.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:13 (Ref:4017636)   #115
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I greatly enjoyed my two trips to the Dubai 24H, including this year when it was rained off after only 7! Very nice circuit, very relaxed and friendly event. I’d happily go there in Jan. My caution is over uncertainty about changing rules on entry, travel and quarantine, not any concern about the city or the event.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4017637)   #116
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's not that easy - the gulf 12 hour at the start of january was moved to bahrain because iirc dubai want a much longer period of self isolation upon entering the country..
Gulf 12 Hours was going to be in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. They may both be UAE but they have different entry rules. Abu Dhabi’s are tougher. There’s no period of quarantine entering Dubai, but you must take a test.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4017727)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if the event will be any better being in Dubai. Obviously the entry rules made it more worth it going there than Abu Dhabi. Either way, will it be any better?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 21:30 (Ref:4017767)   #118
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Gulf 12 Hours was going to be in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. They may both be UAE but they have different entry rules. Abu Dhabi’s are tougher. There’s no period of quarantine entering Dubai, but you must take a test.
that's the one. i'm not going so i was only half listening to the reason why it was moving. thanks for the detail

have the series made any moves to improve the logistics from dubai? several british gt teams had significantly delayed containers pre-season this year and with the shenanigans going on at uk ports at the moment (and likely to continue into 2021 by all predictions) it has to be a concern?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4017770)   #119
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
I wonder if the event will be any better being in Dubai. Obviously the entry rules made it more worth it going there than Abu Dhabi. Either way, will it be any better?
You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
have the series made any moves to improve the logistics from dubai? several british gt teams had significantly delayed containers pre-season this year and with the shenanigans going on at uk ports at the moment (and likely to continue into 2021 by all predictions) it has to be a concern?
I just take pictures, details like that are waaay outside my sphere of knowledge :-).
Old 19 Nov 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4017834)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about, do you?

I think I do.
Old 19 Nov 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4017846)   #121
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Quote:
I think I do.
OK so which event is it that you think has been moved to Dubai?
Old 19 Nov 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4017849)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

Um.....
Old 19 Nov 2020, 11:56 (Ref:4017851)   #123
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gulf 12 Hours has moved from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain.
Old 19 Nov 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4017853)   #124
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Um.....
Exactly. An event in Abu Dhabi moved to Bahrain. Nothing moved to Dubai. You are just posting random stuff about things you know nothing about on threads you don’t even properly read
Old 19 Nov 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4017859)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

Ok, I misread that. I admit it. Now take a chill pill