Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 2 Jan 2004, 18:00 (Ref:825834)   #1
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10/10ths Decals etc.

I was thinking about the possibility of my drivers - quite a few of whom use 10/10ths - displaying ten tenths decals on their race cars and had a bit of a look to see whether they are available. Also if any of the other usual regalia was out there somewhere.

I found a closed thread with comments along the lines of :
I've got a hat,
I want a Polo Shirt,
you can't get them any more,
tee hee aren't we lucky to have one etc.

There was talk that TT used to "do" merchandising, but not any more. One member posted

"I'm guessing that there are about 3 times as many members here now as there were when the shop was closed. I wonder if we could talk Craig into reconsidering... ?"

Well Craig, Can we and are you????
Old 2 Jan 2004, 19:50 (Ref:825895)   #2
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=45541
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 2 Jan 2004, 20:51 (Ref:825934)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think if there were enough response and some firm orders, Craig might take a different view. I do agree that there were a lot less members at the time the TT goods were stopped (I have a badge on my overals). Maybe someone else could take on the mantle rather than burden Craig with the work?
Old 2 Jan 2004, 21:03 (Ref:825939)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I offered to take some responsibility for this back in the olden days, but Craig (graciously) declined. I'd be willing to work with somebody on your side of the pond, to save shipping costs, if the shop could be opened again.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 21:25 (Ref:825967)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
My problem is two-fold. I was let down by our previous supplier of embroidered merchandise. Although their quality was excellent their promises of matching service came to nothing and they could not be replied upon. I also have the problem of the amount of time that it takes me to operate this area of the site. It's not too bad at this time of the year as this is our quietest month of the year at work but, for most of the year, I struggle to find the time to do what I do let alone take on any further responsibilities.

On the suggestion of using the services of a volunteer I am reluctant to do so. Not because I don't think they could do it, rather I have done so in the past and it ended bitterly.

I may be able to assist with decals for racecars as I *do* have a good supplier for these who have produced large numbers of decals and signage for me. However I'm not sure people would want to pay for these and, as this site is financed purely out of my pocket, I'm afraid they'd have to!
Old 2 Jan 2004, 21:27 (Ref:825969)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Craig, may I suggest you let people know approximate prices and then see what the response is? How about rear window stickers for cars?
Old 2 Jan 2004, 21:36 (Ref:825976)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would love to have a 10/10ths T-Shirt or Hat, depending on cost of course. I also like the idea of the car sticker. In fact there is a chap at work who is a member of a well know British based Rallying forum and he has a car sticker in his car window.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 22:29 (Ref:826016)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay folks, everyone always says they'd love to buy merchandise, so here's the deal... I have a very small amount of unsold merchandise (all brands new and in wrapping) which I would be keen to sell. I will list it below, with pricing, and if it sells maybe I will look a little harder at finding a new supplier.

T-Shirts

White. 'Hanes Beefy' 100% Cotton. Logo on left breast, URL on both sleeves. Available in size medium only (3 available) - Price ÂŁ12.00 plus P&P

Polo Shirts

White. 'Hanes Heavy Polo' 100% Cotton. Logo on left breast, URL on both sleeves. Available in medium (x1) and large (x2) - Price ÂŁ15.00 plus P&P

Navy. 'Hanes Top Polo' 100% Cotton. Logo on left breast, URL on both sleeves. Available in size medium only (x1) - Price ÂŁ15.00 plus P&P

Fleece

Navy. 'Screen Stars by Fruit Of The Loom' Logo on left breast, URL across back of fleece. Available in size medium only (x1) - Price ÂŁ25.00 plus P&P

Car Stickers

Consists of two lines of easy to apply white vinyl lettering. Approx 400mm x 65mm (16" x 2.5") in the following format:

10 Tenths Motorsport
tentenths.com

Price ÂŁ4.50 plus P&P

Lettering applies to outside of car so is suitable for application to the rear windows of road cars or racecars.

Racecar Decals

Consists of a single line of easy to apply white vinyl lettering. Approx 750mm x 65mm (29.5" x 2.5") in the following format: tentenths.com

Price ÂŁ4.50 plus P&P

Other Information

Orders should be sent via Private message to myself or by email to webmaster@ten-tenths.com and should state clearly your payment preference, name, address and your daytime telephone number as well as your precise requirements. Delivery charges will be calculated and sent to you by return along with details of how you should pay.

I can accept cheques or payment online via Paypal and ALL proceeds will go towards funding this site.

So, come on guys, prove that merchandising is a viable option for us.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 22:32 (Ref:826020)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take two polos (1 x large/ 1 x medium) and the fleece !!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 2 Jan 2004 at 22:36.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 22:35 (Ref:826023)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just give me your paypal account number and it's on it's way to you, the money that is!!!

btw, just took a pic of my patch to email to a couple of companies round here to get quotes
Old 2 Jan 2004, 23:13 (Ref:826053)   #11
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
(I have a badge on my overals).
Me Too !!!

got mine during the fastest sale I've ever seen!!!!

I think it was TT who walked into the Kentagon after the ChampCar race and got attacked!!! EVERYTHING was sold in 45secs!!!!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 2 Jan 2004 at 23:15.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 00:24 (Ref:826092)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thank you for your speedy order, Crazybloke. I've just replied to your PM BTW. Come on everyone else - there's some more gear there if you want it!

Ah - so you were at the impromtu auction that day, were you? I had no idea who anyone was apart from EP and Shinners so thanks to you all for your generosity (all the proceeds of the patches that day went to the Motorsport Safety Fund rather than 10 Tenths) it was indeed a bit of a feeding frenzy!
Old 3 Jan 2004, 00:31 (Ref:826099)   #13
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
At the bottom of this page: Woolley's Gallery you'll find the crew that were there.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 01:14 (Ref:827847)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The polo shirts are very high class and hard wearing. I have 2 but I think one of them and my cap are at the home of the friend with whom I travel to Le Mans.

I can understand your frustration with volunteers (getting a newsletter out without my core of dedicated writers would be hopeless, but you learn who to rely on and who not to.) The good thing is, we work cheap!
Old 6 Jan 2004, 16:54 (Ref:829619)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Just a note to say that certain items have now sold. We now have the following still available:
  • Blue Polo Shirts (x1) Large
  • White T Shirts (x2) Medium
  • Car Stickers
  • Racecar Decals
Old 9 Jan 2004, 17:35 (Ref:832856)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
D'oh missed this one!!!
Old 11 Jan 2004, 20:00 (Ref:834586)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Come on folks, I'm not convinced by the rush...!!
Old 11 Jan 2004, 20:36 (Ref:834624)   #18
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Did you get my e-mail Craig?
Old 11 Jan 2004, 22:04 (Ref:834708)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
No, I didn't? Can you resend or PM me? Thanks!
Old 13 Jan 2004, 10:10 (Ref:836393)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damnit, i chose a bad time to be broke...
Old 13 Jan 2004, 15:51 (Ref:836808)   #21
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig,

I would order some stickers, but my car is white!

What about some round vinyl stickers of the TT logo. I am sure that loads of people would buy them assuming the price was right?
Old 13 Jan 2004, 16:32 (Ref:836855)   #22
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JustinDawkins
Craig,

I would order some stickers, but my car is white!

Small piece of black vinyl, a pair of scissors and a steady hand needed?
Old 13 Jan 2004, 19:12 (Ref:836998)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Just to confirm stock levels - all shirts have now gone bar one medium white T shirt so get your order in quick if you want that as it could be the last one ever sold!!!

Justin, I can provide some vinyl in marine blue which makes a very good 'backing' for white cars. I only have a limited supply of this though whilst it remains I will supply to anyone who needs it when buying decals for white cars.

Alternatively I have a very limited number of these larger stickers available in black for the same price:
Attached Images

Old 13 Jan 2004, 20:59 (Ref:837115)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Okay, and the last T shirt has now gone. Thanks to you all and don't forget the stickers are still available!!
Old 13 Jan 2004, 21:09 (Ref:837123)   #25
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill

Alternatively I have a very limited number of these larger stickers available in black for the same price:
how much and do you have two?

p.s. any ideas about making window sticker versions?

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 13 Jan 2004 at 21:10.