Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Jan 2001, 11:28 (Ref:60973)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gobert Signs for Redwing HRC
Alex Gobert has signalled his intentions to stay with Honda for another year racing in Australia with the new in the premier Production Superbike class.
The 17 year old has had a promising first season with the Honda Racing Australia team in 2000. With Honda's own team heading overseas with Adam Ferguson in the World Supersport Championship, Alex has slipped into the number 1 rider slot with the newly established Victoria based Redwing HRC team. The new team was established to conduct Honda's factory race efforts locally while promoting Honda's new HRC franchised stores. The new team is closely associated with Honda MPE and has close ties with HRC in Japan.

Redwing HRC dealership boss, Perry Jory, is pleased to have Alex on board "We've been keeping an enthusiastic eye on Alex and we are confident he will be a fierce competitor in this year's championship. The bikes are ex.Honda Racing Australia and are well sorted. We've got the rider and the tools to do the job. The new structure allows us to continually test, learn and develop the bikes and pass this information directly on to HRC customers".

The season kicks of with Formula Extreme in February at Eastern Creek.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 23:27 (Ref:61084)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thats great news, i was wondering what the "young show" was doing this year. he will only be doing the pro-superbike class, no 600 supersport?
cant wait until this years oz series starts in may, i hope motorcycle australia have got it right with there planned 5 round series before swithing to the 5 round summer series in november....
Old 30 Jan 2001, 11:07 (Ref:61126)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope the new series works because otherwise it could do irreparable damage to motorcycle racing here.

Not too long to go till some 2 wheel action...actually I'm enjoying the Dakar coverage (when I find time to watch a few minutes of it) as it seems to be showing more of the bikes than the cars.