Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Sep 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2291264)   #26
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
I thought Fiat were looking at introducing a one make series for the Fiat Arbarth?
I had heard that if that series were to take place, it would feature on the 'Great and British' package.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2291302)   #27
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
I thought Fiat were looking at introducing a one make series for the Fiat Arbarth?
Now that would be interesting.... What do you know?
Old 16 Sep 2008, 04:19 (Ref:2291450)   #28
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters
Two issues that can be easily remedied.

If it was to run on the TOCA package for Saloon/Hatch type cars.
There could even be incentives to draw BTCC teams into the championship to run as feeder teams!
The precendent is already there really. 888 run two factory Astra VXR's and I know Halfords are looking to enter a couple of Hondas as part of a road car tuning package, all down to budget really. The new regs when they are published will make a lot of people take heart (us included) and if the rumours of race type are confirmed I've no doubt on grids.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2291645)   #29
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbo
Now that would be interesting.... What do you know?
I've heard nothing on that for about 18 months since someone from the FIAT press office let it slip at one of the road car launches.

I don't think it will happen in 2009.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2291820)   #30
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get the legends on there, full grids andf great racing
Old 16 Sep 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2291925)   #31
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
I've heard nothing on that for about 18 months since someone from the FIAT press office let it slip at one of the road car launches.

I don't think it will happen in 2009.
Actually Abarth is testing a 500 cup version, it was featured in Autosprint a couple of months back. The car was quoted to cost roughly the same as the Clio cup.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 22:43 (Ref:2292149)   #32
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let the pick-ups in. Best race ofn the day at Brands DTM meeting and always good value
Old 16 Sep 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2292183)   #33
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be given to the local motor clubs give them a chance for all there hard work to be infront of a big crowd.

Croft = Darlington motor club

and so on....

may also help to get bigger crowds in for smaller meetings if the public see the quality of some of the cars that will be racing

You never know
Old 19 Sep 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2293655)   #34
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to Autosport the likely series will be the Ginetta G50s.........which i saw support the Brit Gts this year and they are dull. Got spread out quickly and the action was not on the same level as even the other Brit GP supports let along the BTCC ones.
simon
Old 19 Sep 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2293791)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According Midweek Motorsport on RadioLeMans (at 44m25):
  • SEAT had confirmed Cupra Cup for 2009.
  • SEAT Sport UK manager Scott Dennis was informed by his brother, who had read the news on a website, that SEAT quit BTCC.

Was there a management change at SEAT UK?
How are the sales of SEAT in UK?

Last edited by FIRE; 19 Sep 2008 at 16:15.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2293838)   #36
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It says in Autosport this week that Carl Breeze read the news on the SEAT website, phoned up his team but they didn't get the email on the announcement for another hour or so.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2293850)   #37
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is not very nice..

But a statement in its own?
Old 19 Sep 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2293856)   #38
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Single Seaters- Club F3 maybe?

Tin Tops- VW Cup
Old 19 Sep 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2293874)   #39
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERSTEER
Single Seaters- Club F3 maybe?

Tin Tops- VW Cup
I'd be amazed if Club F3 were to move to the TOCA package for I don't feel that the series has, at the moment, the profile or the grid sizes to warrent such a slot.

The Volkswagen Racing Cup would be a good fit, so I guess the question of whether they make the switch depends on how happy VW UK and their competitors are on the F3/GT package.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2293877)   #40
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper

The Volkswagen Racing Cup would be a good fit, so I guess the question of whether they make the switch depends on how happy VW UK and their competitors are on the F3/GT package.
VW Cup didn't do every round with the GTs this year. THey didn't come up to Knockhill though they have in the past. ... The sight of the older Caddy attempting to roll every time it went over the chicane will live with me for a long time.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2294553)   #41
Peter235
Rookie

Peter235 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Financial restitution

There's an aspect of all this that stinks! (and is causing a lot of unrest amongst the Cupra competitors)

This very late announcement pulling the rug from under the Championship has serious repercussions. A number of this year's drivers had bought new cars, some on HP, on the reasonable understanding that the events would continue to run for at least 2009 and thus allow the car's costs to be amortised properly.

Now, with no prior notice and appallingly bad manners from SEAT, these same drivers, who have faithfully supported SEAT's PR at their own cost (!) have now found their cars devalued by about £15,000 with nothing they can do about it (assuming they can even sell them as track day cars).

Yet again, and its happened all too often, a manufcaturer has come along full of PR hype, obtained lots of good TV exposure etc. entirely paid for by the competitors, before uncermoniously dumping the whole thing as soon as they think they've milked it enough.

There has to be a serious case now for (a) compensating all the drivers racing this year, some of who are left paying off HP debt for the next two years for now useless cars even after they've managed to dispose of them, and (b) that in the future ALL similar manufacturer backed Championships should have to put up a cast iron guarantee in cash deposited with the MSA to cover this situation if they pull out giving less than one full year of notice.

It's well time for this attitude from the MSA to protect its licence holders as this has happened time and time again..... after all, they ask for a £100K guarantee from non manufacturer based Championships, but the estimated bill for the CUPRA competitors should be at least £225K!

What do you think?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2294752)   #42
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, thats very much manufacturers for you in that they will come in, try to alter things to suit them but just leave at the drop of the hat.

I would say it's very tough luck for the Cupra competitors, though I do feel their pain.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2297850)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According autosport.nl there will be a "500 Abarth Challenge" (1.4L turbo, 200 bhp, 920 kg) in Portugal, Spain, Germany and UK next season. Besides these national series there will be a series supporting Ferrari Challenge and WTCC events.

http://www.autosport.nl/actueel/news...58&rubriek=int

Short translation:
Quote:
The Italian Trophy will be in the same weekend as the prestigious Ferrari Challenge driving. Even abroad, as in Portugal, Spain, Germany and England, the Abarth Cup will be organized.

International Challenge
Also there will be an international Challenge during the races for the World Touring Car Championship. The Abarth will make their appearance at Valencia, Porto, Brands Hatch, Brno, Oschersleben and Monza. At the end of the season, the participants meet each other at a major European finals. The racing formula and the technical specifications of the car are designed so that participation is very affordable.

Old 28 Sep 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2299928)   #44
100%hondafan
Racer

England
Northampton
100%hondafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=18708 for some nicer pics would love to see this come together though nice car.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2300455)   #45
Armchair Enthusiast
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
Armchair Enthusiast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the Sports 2000 series would be well placed to join TOCA. They have quietly been building their competitors list and with new cars being built by Lola and many other manufacturers, they have 3 types of racing. Duratec class, Pinto class and Historic class. Thats over 100 cars in total, easy.......
Old 29 Sep 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2300641)   #46
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love knowing someone with inside information
Old 29 Sep 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2300705)   #47
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Enthusiast
I reckon the Sports 2000 series would be well placed to join TOCA. They have quietly been building their competitors list and with new cars being built by Lola and many other manufacturers, they have 3 types of racing. Duratec class, Pinto class and Historic class. Thats over 100 cars in total, easy.......
I think Sports 2000's success may hinder its chances of getting on the TOCA package. Ultimately squeezing three qualifying sessions and three decent length races into the time left by the SEATs on the package may prove to be difficult.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2301807)   #48
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I love knowing someone with inside information
Well, what do you know?
Old 1 Oct 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2302323)   #49
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know that it certainly isnt going to be the 500 cup, or Club F3, or Sportmaxx
Old 2 Oct 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2303118)   #50
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it comes down to guest support races, the only one I can think of right now is for the Pickup trucks at Rockingham, on the oval of course cos the racing is awesome there.