Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Sep 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2294212)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[BTCC] Round 10, 21st Sept, Brands Hatch (Indy)

Results:

Free Practice 1: Click Here

Free Practice 2: Click Here
Old 20 Sep 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2294221)   #2
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jelley has taken pole, Jackson 2nd, Turner 3rd, Sheddon 4th, Neil 5th, Turks 6th

Plato and Gio are in 10th and 11th

Surprise of the season from Mr Jelley there
Old 20 Sep 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2294242)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really looking forward to tomorrow, been ages since I went to BTCC. Weather doesn't look too bad either.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2294246)   #4
ash1751
Racer

England
Southampton
ash1751 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Jelly for getting his first pole.
C'mon Jackson you can beat Turkington and win the Indy Title!
Old 20 Sep 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2294316)   #5
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets not forget he has zero weight in the car and has been driving a car capable of wining races all season with no real results, having said this it will be interesting to see how he copes keeping Jackson at bay to at last support Turkington.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2294397)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least the man himself realises that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport
"I don't think Colin will have many problems tomorrow," he added. "For him to qualify just behind Jackson despite having more success ballast just shows how quick he is around here. In fact, I should have been this far in front of him in the past, given the weight he's had.
And even WSR were in disbelief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport
"The team didn't believe it," Jelly told autosport.com. "I got into the pits and they'd thought the timing screen had messed up. It was crazy.

Seriously it is nice he has managed this, perhaps we could see Jelley take his first win tomorrow as long as he doesn't need to give it to Turkington.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2294543)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go the BMW's - will they ever re-enter a factory team .... pity about SEAT withdrawing!
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2294604)   #8
ash1751
Racer

England
Southampton
ash1751 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Giovanardi for winning the Championship.

Well done to Mat Jackson for taking the win.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2294657)   #9
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with Jelley? In the article on Touringcartimes they mention Kane as polesitter...
Old 21 Sep 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2294670)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that was unexpected from John George, nasty accident, glad he is ok.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2294671)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jones off..
Old 21 Sep 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2294681)   #12
BtccRob08
Rookie

BtccRob08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race 3. Glad John George is ok after that nasty shunt. First time ive seen a Touring Car roll like that for a while.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2294700)   #13
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is Vaulkhard Lacetti, having a factory support from RML ?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2294704)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I noticed that all the car carried small rectangular strips this weekend (or at least yesterday).

see :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/8272832@N05/2873903906/

any idea what they are??? most are body coloured and located between the doors, but the Motorbase BMW had it on their rear bumper.

Thoughts? Some sort of tracking device?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2294737)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was a good day out today, ages since I've been to BTCC but really enjoyed it. Shame it had to end under a SC though.....I had mixed views as to what should be done! On one hand there was potential for a biggy [I was waiting for the "crunch" as they all went off.....] but on the other hand they all knew what to expect second time round. From where we were we didn't see too many accidents but what we did see were big ones, eg Green in the Seat Cupras and John George.

Incidentally, I have already posted this in the marshals forum, but if anybody hears how the gentleman who had collapsed in the car park was today, would appreciate knowing please. It was one of the car parks near the Thistle [but the one furthest from the hotel and main entrance] at about 6pm. There was nothing we could do so left which was just as the ambulance turned up, but let's just say it didn't look good Fingers crossed.....
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2294747)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Andy, apparently, I've been told, they are microchips that monitor the tyres. Dunno why they have to go on the outside of the car though.

Fascinating days racing, if only Gio had this luck elsewhere in the season.

Big ouch to John George he looked very cheery considering he can wave goodbye to most of that car. Biggest accident I've seen in the BTCC, I don't think I've witnessed a multiple roll like that.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2294769)   #17
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the racing was bland really but i am sure a great atmosphere there, Seats looked like they couldn't be bothered and Plato lacked any of the usual fighting spirit.

Good to see Turkington retain his crown as per Gio, Georges crash was dreadful and whilst he proberbly caused this himself to see a privateer writing his car off is not good but at least Johns ok.

Ted Kravitz was again awful in his presentation and saw it more as a joke in some of his commets and statments to drivers, unprofessional unlike Steve Rider.

Chilton took a win but really does not compensate for a woeful season from him.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2294781)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I had a front row view of John George's accident and I have to say it was one of the most violent accident I've ever witnessed. Looking back at the pictures (will post some soon) I'm amazed that the roll cage and central section of the car seem to have escaped mostly intact. It's testament to the design of a modern race car that George was able to climb out and walk away, for a while I feared the worse.

A couple of questions about race 1 for trivia fans, I don't actually know the answer to these without checking.
1) Was this the first ever all BMW podium? At a guess you'd have to go back to at least 1991.
2) Was this the first ever all independent podium? Off the top of my head I can't recall it happening before.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2294788)   #19
BtccRob08
Rookie

BtccRob08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Ted Kravitz was again awful in his presentation and saw it more as a joke in some of his commets and statments to drivers, unprofessional unlike Steve Rider.
lol..to be honest I think Ted's quite good. His sarky comments make me laugh. His little comment about Jonathan Adam's trophy for example. He does treat it as a bit of a laugh, but this isnt all bad. You can tell he's only doing it for the money though and would much rather be abroad presenting F1.

Good to see Seat leave the championship in style! NOT lol. Most boring display from them lol. However, was good to see Turner give Vauxhall a taste of their own medicine in race 1.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2294791)   #20
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I had a front row view of John George's accident and I have to say it was one of the most violent accident I've ever witnessed. Looking back at the pictures (will post some soon) I'm amazed that the roll cage and central section of the car seem to have escaped mostly intact. It's testament to the design of a modern race car that George was able to climb out and walk away, for a while I feared the worse.
+1. Am amazed the race wasn't red-flagged for that though - either to retrieve John or fix the armco (which was still visibly bent when racing resumed).
Old 21 Sep 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2294804)   #21
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby

Chilton took a win but really does not compensate for a woeful season from him.
Actually about 4 seasons....

Race 3 Should have been red flagged but of course TV means they cant really - because obviously TV is more importent then safety isnt it....
Old 21 Sep 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2294808)   #22
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I could see the safety crews lift out George's helmet and HANS device so assumed he was ok, although it still took a long time for him to clamber out. Even so I was expecting the red flag long before then. I did wonder (again) just how much influence TV coverage had in the decision to continue racing. Well done to the marshals for clearing so much debris so quickly.

I wasn't going to bother sorting out my pictures tonight but thought I should at least do these ones - http://www.redshoes-archive.com/Grav...C/John_George/
Old 21 Sep 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2294811)   #23
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice photos...
There is also a video on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjT61XQ7q0Y
Old 21 Sep 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2294817)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was stood at Clearways and managed to miss the whole thing, a few people stood by use said a red flag should have been thrown.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 22:27 (Ref:2294830)   #25
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch were very lucky today the race should have been red flagged.I am pictured taking cover in the first of Redshoes pictures, we counted about 7 or 8 broken armoco posts.The barrier was left like a launch pad which luckily Adam Jones missed when he did the same thing on the restart ,if he had hit the damaged barrier the car would have been launched into the paddock or on top of the marshals post.The race should have been restarted with a stationary yellow along the Cooper Straight.