Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3889719)   #1001
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
According to the Beeb, as they showed the PM racing off to Strasbourg, there will a press conference at 9pm tonight. Whether that’s our time or Euro time, I have no idea......
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3889733)   #1002
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it must be exciting then, wonder what it will be about. Bet people will be watching eagely
Old 11 Mar 2019, 23:21 (Ref:3889775)   #1003
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the PM has got just a little more from the EU tonight but not a lot. Will it be enough to get agreement in Parliament tomorrow though.......

Could be all done and dusted by the time Delta returns to these shores (or probably not).
Old 12 Mar 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3889815)   #1004
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hahahaha no chance. Too much politics. Too many egos.

One party is telling its foot soldiers to ban "no deal" but also banning them from voting for the only exit deal we're going to get. How does that work?

Half the other party want us to leave with no exit deal, reckoning that an EU scorned will then give us a great trade deal in the future. Dream on, ever tried negotiating with your wife after you didn't notice her new hair do?

This is going to run and run. And this is only the exit deal, we've not started on the future free trade agreement yet. Imagine what a cock up the current shower will make of that, too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3889832)   #1005
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Will there be beer?
Of course, it's in a school - relaxed attitude here, the supermarket where the kids can go to get there lunch has a sign saying no alcohol sales to children, except for beer & wine!

Hopefully some cheese to plug the ears in the best Allo-Allo tradition.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3889834)   #1006
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Probably lots of waffle(s)
Old 12 Mar 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3889922)   #1007
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Yes, very droll.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3889965)   #1008
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Next..........................

Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3889971)   #1009
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
enter stage left -

Boris ?
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3889972)   #1010
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think he wants it that much
Old 12 Mar 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3890003)   #1011
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
enter stage left -

Boris ?
If only..................
Old 13 Mar 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3890039)   #1012
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
God no. Another one who shirked the fight when he was needed. I used to support Boris but he's lost my respect.

Old 13 Mar 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3890041)   #1013
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We need something to happen fairly quick otherwise the PM will lose her voice completely!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3890043)   #1014
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I saw Chukka Whats'isname on BBC this morning

He 's called Chuka Umunna . Not too hard really , is it ?
Old 13 Mar 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3890046)   #1015
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Quite right, I was just to idle to check the spelling

MEA CULPA.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3890050)   #1016
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Given that we all hide behind made up names, I think giving a politician a nickname isn't that big a deal really.

No need to apologise Baubie-wotnot, there's a certain whiff of JCT Jennings about this whole forum and Chukka Wotsisname fits perfectly.

Seeing the really vile language my Remainer friends use towards Leavers and politicians alike elsewhere I don't think C U will worry.

Old 13 Mar 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3890053)   #1017
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Given that we all hide behind made up names, I think giving a politician a nickname isn't that big a deal really.

No need to apologise Baubie-wotnot, there's a certain whiff of JCT Jennings about this whole forum and Chukka Wotsisname fits perfectly.

Seeing the really vile language my Remainer friends use towards Leavers and politicians alike elsewhere I don't think C U will worry.

Well said Max, I also think it's important to make note of baub's tag line. It's hard to tell when reading things from a computer screen but I am sure that the majority of the stuff he types is done so with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3890054)   #1018
bauble
Veteran

England
I was trying to male amends for a previous post, I regretted.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3890067)   #1019
bauble
Veteran

England
What is it about MP's that they can't read the country's mood?

The majority of leavers and remainers simply want them to quit the EU NOW.

The impression I get from the news is that the population is so fed up with parliament shilly shallying about that everyone just wants it to end.

Naturally there will still be hard core Remainers who will still hope for delays in the hope that Brexit can be overturned, but they will never be satisfied with any thing less.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3890070)   #1020
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What is it about MP's that they can't read the country's mood?

The majority of leavers and remainers simply want them to quit the EU NOW.

The impression I get from the news is that the population is so fed up with parliament shilly shallying about that everyone just wants it to end.

Naturally there will still be hard core Remainers who will still hope for delays in the hope that Brexit can be overturned, but they will never be satisfied with any thing less.
I admit (as I have done before) that I did vote remain in the referendum, based on the scant information available to me at the time, and also being under the impression that this would easily be the majority decision. Also at the time, bearing in mind the outcome, I was relieved that I'd not made a 'protest vote' of leave (as I originally planned to do to give the politicians a bit of a wake up call that we weren't completely happy with things), as I would have felt partly responsible for the outcome of the referendum.
I also admit that as time has gone on, plus with the reassuring information & opinions I have read from our colleagues on here my opinions have wavered, and now think that maybe leaving isn't such a bad idea after all, especially as I feel that now we've (effectively) said that we don't like them and don't want to be in their gang any more I don't expect us to be dealt with that kindly if the decision reverses and we stay in.
Having said all of that my overriding feeling is that it has been a complete and utter shambles, and that we should stop wasting any more time & money prevaricating and get ourselves out of it as soon as possible!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3890071)   #1021
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Viv over the page, but with the added comment that nothing that I have heard nothing since 2016 that has made me change my mind that I personally believe that we would have been better off remaining.

However, I am truly sick and tired of Brexit. I accepted that the country had voted to leave, and from day one I have wanted Westminster to get on with the job that the majority of voters tasked them with.

I really want to hear about things going on in the world rather than have the radio airwaves clogged with a 24 hour a day blanket of Brexit waffle from both sides of the argument.

I hope that all the MPs that voted against the deal last night get kicked out at the next general election for failing to listen to public at large. A pox on all their houses.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3890072)   #1022
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I quite like the idea of a long delay to Article 50 now, long enough that the UK takes part in the EU 'elections'. Given that we are almost certain to return a large number of UKIP/Brexit Party-style MEPs, and that likewise other countries are equallylikely to return significant numbers of eurosceptic members, there could even be an out break of democracy. Instead of the current bunch of yes-men (and women) meekly rubber-stamping whatever diktats the commissars through at them, we might actually get a 'parliament' that questions things. They could start by investigating the self-appointment of Selmayr as the successor to the drunken Luxembourger when he sloshes off into the sunset.

You never know, we might even get back to what the organisation was supposed to be - a group nations happily working together on trade and other things that are mutually relevant, rather than morphing into an increasingly authoritarion, dictatorial superstate. However, if nothing has changed after the 21 months or whatever, we will know the decision to leave was the correct one, and simply leave.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3890074)   #1023
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One view- All those who voted ‘leave’ cannot complain about the state we are in, as if the referendum had gone the other way, none of this would be happening.

I can see some advantages in breaking away, but 2 years ago I took the view that our politicians (of all parties) weren’t capable of organising a p*ss up in a brewery, let alone something so complicated and far reaching! For that reason, I would have preferred to stay part of the EU, but after the vote, accepted that we were leaving. It appears that my misgivings were well founded, however......
Old 13 Mar 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3890075)   #1024
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly you can't blame the leave vote for the current debacle. You can blame the politicians who have tried to thwart the outcome from day one.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3890091)   #1025
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thwart it or try and use it for their own political gain?

This has suddenly happened- with little or no national publicity....

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk...ked-to-brexit/