Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3920013)   #101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do they purposely segregate the Dutch fans?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3920014)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
So Lewis needs a top 10 for a fastest lap point. But is that before or after the 5 second penalty?
He's already served the penalty at the pit stop.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3920015)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Gasly's last race for Red Bull didn't end well.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3920017)   #104
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a race. Fantastic.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3920018)   #105
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
He's already served the penalty at the pit stop.
Good call.

That was good eh. This Vettel guy can't drive though.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3920023)   #106
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Max.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3920025)   #107
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Takeaway from today: Max has calmed down a bit and his racecraft has improved as a result.

Chuffed for Kvyat. Great drive from a brand new father!
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3920026)   #108
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this the first time both Red Bull and Toro Rosso have finished on the podium?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3920028)   #109
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is this the first time both Red Bull and Toro Rosso have finished on the podium?
I think it might be. Isn't it only the second podium TR have had, the other being Vettel's win in Singapore all those years ago?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3920031)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Listened to it on the radio. Seems I have to see the highlights tonight. The last 3 races have made people forget the French GP

How lucky is Hamilton that he gets a non score the same weekend Bottas crashes out. Still great job by Max to win again
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3920033)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think it might be. Isn't it only the second podium TR have had, the other being Vettel's win in Singapore all those years ago?

You mean Monza. Singapore was when Kyvat’s brother in law helped Fred win. Still nice to see both Kyvat and STR up there, about time they had another podium
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3920036)   #112
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Monza in 2008

It looks like it. There have been some 4ths.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toro_R...d_Prix_results
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3920038)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
It was Monza in 2008.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3920040)   #114
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Listened to it on the radio. Seems I have to see the highlights tonight. The last 3 races have made people forget the French GP

How lucky is Hamilton that he gets a non score the same weekend Bottas crashes out. Still great job by Max to win again

Bottas crashed out on purpose to protect #blessed championship lead. You heard it here first.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3920041)   #115
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You mean Monza. Singapore was when Kyvat’s brother in law helped Fred win. Still nice to see both Kyvat and STR up there, about time they had another podium
I actually meant Singapore, but that was wrong. Forgive me, being old is a pain sometimes and nearly 40 years of results are blurred in my mind

Now... where did I put my beer?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3920047)   #116
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crazy race. F1 was... entertaining!

* Great result for Honda with two cars on the podium from two different teams.
* Well done for STR as the moved both cars significantly up the grid.
* Felt bad for Stroll not being on podium, but they gambled and won with the early move to slicks.
* Ferrari implodes in qualifying, Mercedes implodes in the race.
* Smart drive by Max and overall a great and consistent weekend for him.
* Gasly remains hot and cold. Mistake at the end smelled of desperation.
* I had written off Kvyat, but he is getting it done. Plus is a father this weekend.

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3920048)   #117
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that was in Monza.

I wonder how Vettel found speed in the end? Most of the race he was stuck in eight, but suddenly he's like he's in a different racing class?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3920049)   #118
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Would anybody else like to correct my mistake?
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3920053)   #119
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'll give it a go. I think it was Imola.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3920056)   #120
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'll give it a go. I think it was Imola.
I can go off people very quickly, you know.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3920057)   #121
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome race, again! Third in a row.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Crazy race. F1 was... entertaining!

* Great result for Honda with two cars on the podium from two different teams.
* Well done for STR as the moved both cars significantly up the grid.
* Felt bad for Stroll not being on podium, but they gambled and won with the early move to slicks.
* Ferrari implodes in qualifying, Mercedes implodes in the race.
* Smart drive by Max and overall a great and consistent weekend for him.
* Gasly remains hot and cold. Mistake at the end smelled of desperation.
* I had written off Kvyat, but he is getting it done. Plus is a father this weekend.

Richard

I'll add a few:
  • Great that race direction first drives one side of the start grid dry for several laps and than massively disadvantage half of the grid.
  • What was someone thinking putting Verstappen on mediums in stead of softs!? Felt like a case of way overthinking stuff.
  • Fun to see teams getting things completely in a knot when circumstances get unpredictable (some teams a bit more than others).
  • Leclerc complaining the run off tarmac being too slippery and not up to F1 standard, get real man. In the past you would've been straight on to the grass or worse into the gravel. Keep it on the track mate.
  • Feel very sorry for Hulkenberg
  • Nice for Vettel after last years disaster

When will the German GP be back on the calender?

P.S. Team Penalty for Leclerce's unsafe release; feels double. It could be relevant for a drivers championship as well one day. When will you punish the team and/or when the driver?

Last edited by Taxi645; 28 Jul 2019 at 16:06.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3920067)   #122
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Old 28 Jul 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3920075)   #123
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I enjoyed that..
I feel Gasly is out at Red Bull. Albon could be in..
Grojean should be out of Haas...Steiner has said he will sack both if they touch again..
Bottas will go to Haas.. Ocon into Mercedes.
Just a view point after todays fun..
Go Max.. Great stuff and as MB said, so calm afterwards..
Old 28 Jul 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3920084)   #124
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
And now he's potentially gone too slow under SC.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-investigation

Ah, I understand now.
Old 28 Jul 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3920095)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
brilliant if f1 keeps this up then it can only get better