Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:08 (Ref:507101)   #1
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problems With DSC???

Hello all,
I havent been able to log into dailysportscar.com over the past few days, i keep getting a page saying that the site is underconstruction and doesn't have a index page. Is anyone else getting this?
if so what's up, or is it just a server glitch?
Cheers
Ed
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:12 (Ref:507111)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I belive that they have been hacked, again. But there are people here who know more about it than me.

Last edited by rdjones; 14 Feb 2003 at 23:14.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:41 (Ref:507148)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like someone out there doesn't like DSC. Damage has been done, frantic recovery work is going on right now.

Very annoying.

Sorry.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:47 (Ref:507155)   #4
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats one thing i have never understood, what posses people to do that? It's not like it achieves anything bar P g lots of people off, its not like its gonna create world peace !
grumble grumble grumble
Ed
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:52 (Ref:507159)   #5
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
J.J.S.S.Express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really dont't understand why they do that !
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:55 (Ref:507160)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be back online a.s.a.p. - whenever that is.

Last edited by cybersdorf; 14 Feb 2003 at 23:58.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 07:45 (Ref:507345)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yeah sorry guys - words fail me!

It would seem that this was a deliberate attack I'm afraid.

I'll keep you up to date as best I can if Ayse is OK with that?
Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:22 (Ref:508718)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're getting close. Formatting is back, but not content.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Feb 2003, 19:30 (Ref:508763)   #9
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody must be mad that you put all other sportscar news sites to shame, Graham.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 19:33 (Ref:508768)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
Somebody must be mad that you put all other sportscar news sites to shame, Graham.
Or just plain "mad".
Old 16 Feb 2003, 21:31 (Ref:508884)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The damage was worse than we first thought guys - thanks for bearing with us
Old 16 Feb 2003, 21:41 (Ref:508897)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a shame, i used to go to that site all the time, but i can't afford the subscription now

I signed up once, not realising that you had to pay, so i had to cancel my subscription before i ever used it.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 08:25 (Ref:509269)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Yeah sorry guys - words fail me!

It would seem that this was a deliberate attack I'm afraid.

I'll keep you up to date as best I can if Ayse is OK with that?
Yes, sorry Graham, I was a bit slow on the uptake there. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Update us by all means, I know you will do so sensitively in view of forum rules on web-site promotion
Old 17 Feb 2003, 08:31 (Ref:509276)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
getting there...
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:34 (Ref:509561)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pages are showing up, graphics are back, but now it doesn't recognize my username/password.

Good thing they didn't do this, say, in mid-March.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Feb 2003, 14:44 (Ref:509571)   #16
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Well you know how it is, sometimes these things are quickly back to normal, sometimes they aren't. Depending on who's doing what.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 19:19 (Ref:509813)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Without (obviously) giving anyway any sensitive information, how was the damage done (in terms that I might understand)?!
Old 17 Feb 2003, 19:37 (Ref:509829)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as I dislike having to pay in principal to pay to visit any website I do find this kind of thing, out of order. Theres no need for it at all and is uttlerly irresponsible.

Any idea on who did it? I remember the IMSA site was taken down around the same time last year, I wonder if it was the same people?
Old 17 Feb 2003, 19:50 (Ref:509841)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
I'll quote the editor, Malcolm Cracknell, from the IMSA discussion forum:
Quote:
Fact - the site was hacked last Wednesday, and others in the same 'box' were also down.
Fact - the site would have been up and running on Friday, but for 1 person's incompetence/error in deleting the database, which is still in the process of being recovered.
Fact - the site hadn't been backed up as effectively as one person's bull sh1t had implied/promised.
Fact - two of the site owners have been badly let down. Very badly. Graham Goodwin and I are in a (nasty) frame of mind...

Last edited by paul-collins; 17 Feb 2003 at 19:53.

-Bill James
Old 17 Feb 2003, 20:27 (Ref:509866)   #20
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
You put the content on a certain server, and you make a backup of that, and leave it on the very same server... - Malcolm may have a point.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:47 (Ref:509960)   #21
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it cerainly sounds like Malcolm is kicking @ss and taking names so i would expect the problems to be solved with relative speed.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 15:36 (Ref:510592)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
They're still working on getting the user database to work properly with the subscriber content. Content up to Sebring last year seems to have been rescued (at least, the headlines are there).

Logins to the forum section seem to work.

Slowly, it's coming back.

-Bill James
Old 18 Feb 2003, 15:38 (Ref:510595)   #23
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Content up to Sebring last year seems to have been rescued
...question is, how much from then onwards is still left?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 16:34 (Ref:510634)   #24
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
...question is, how much from then onwards is still left?

-Bill James
Old 18 Feb 2003, 16:48 (Ref:510653)   #25
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Exactly.