Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2809881)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GTR2?

Anyone still running this? I reinstalled it a couple of days ago - managed to get a few more cars in and a couple of tracks - although it frustrates me with these mods that there doesn't appear to be a Track Database available from which to download pretty well everything trackwise (as there is for GPL). But I got the Le Mans tracks last night - Frank55's original and the revised one. I actually prefer the original - I think they're wonderful - far far better than the much too dark track in rFactor - and although I've (obviously) never driven the circuit (in anger), it seems more realistic to me, somehow.....

I did download one mod - I think it included my favourite GT1s from 98/99 or thereabouts, but couldn't drive any of them as the view over the steering wheel was so limited, I couldn't see any apexes......
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2809912)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=46

Tracks^
Old 1 Jan 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2809920)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah! Thanks very much!
Old 3 Jan 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2810675)   #4
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR2 is a bit overlooked and underdeveloped in comparison with rFactor, although you have some better features there like dynamic weather...

I think you can adjust your seat position ingame by moving mouse while pressed one of the buttons. I think it's FIA GT 97 you are talking about, it's a good mod, although car models are a bit outdated as far as I remember and sounds are bland. My favourite mod is FIA GT 2008 - great sounds, good physics - much more playable than original cars - http://www.virtualr.net/fia-gt-2008-mod-10-released/ (but the download link is dead now).
Old 4 Jan 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2811167)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks - but it's the supercar GT1s that I love!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2812609)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahler View Post

I think you can adjust your seat position ingame by moving mouse while pressed one of the buttons.

Sorted! Thanks very much for the tip.

I'm quite into this again - the ability to run a full 24 hour race and save whenever I want. Just could do without all those GT cars - only really want prototypes (some of which I've found) - the GTs are good to overtake, I suppose, but they do little more for me than that....
Old 7 Jan 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2812649)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I'm in love now. Downloaded the BPR cars, so I can run in the glorious Harrods shortail McLaren - bliss! And the noise is great too This is so much better than rFactor - IMO.

I also downloaded the Mosport track and noticed that it was done by Neel Jani - is that the same Neel Jani as of Speedy and Rebellion fame?

Question - I can run 24 hour 'events' but it limits me as to the cars I can use. Presumably there's some file somewhere which I can edit to add other cars?
Old 7 Jan 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2812663)   #8
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ayse I haven't got GTR2 installed right now so can't be definite, but I think (and I stress THINK!) you can move the vehicle files into the mod/car list folder you wish to add the other cars too, then with the cars you've just moved, you'll need to modify the file which contains there vehicle filter and change it to the same as the cars in the folder you want to add to.

Sorry it's a bit vague and can't give a proper explanation as I'm in a hurry but that's kinda the outline which I believe you need to do.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2812821)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're right - tried that and tested it and it seems to work. What I'd really like is an easy fix (patch) to be able to run every car in every race/event. So much easier!
Old 8 Jan 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2812834)   #10
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it uses the same game engine as rfactor so it should be possible to edit the mods in the same way. track wise i think a * in the track config will allow any cars to run there, probably same with events. likewise i don't have it installed right now so can't check.

always loved GTR/GTR2 other than the online gameplay. it was that series that got me in to racing online but we had constant issues with the lobby not letting people in, or horrible warping in game to the point when rfactor came along we all moved to that. for some reason i always loved to race that screaming Ferrari 360...
Old 8 Jan 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2812851)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well I did 4 laps around the old (GPL converted) Nurburgring yesterday in the Harrods McLaren - had a really big smile on my face when I finished.
Old 4 Feb 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2825951)   #12
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if u still wanna 2008 fiagt mod

http://www.mods.com.ua/?cat=100&paged=2

and here

http://www.esport-racing.de/include....&contentid=676
Old 4 Feb 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2825971)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks, but no, not really - I want sports-protoypes....
Old 5 Feb 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2826182)   #14
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks, but no, not really - I want sports-protoypes....
yep, i know, i do really love to have them, but it's a really pain in a neck starting making my own here (no time available at all)

there are a lots of mods and cars 2010 done, but nothing inside a full Le Mans set done and u must pick all cars to do it...

but i'm not complaining at all, i'm not only have a free time here to do it...
Old 16 Feb 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2832412)   #15
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I use this tool to create custom classes and races:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=9297

JPBS Prototypes (includes Peugeot 908 and Audi R10). There is a physics patch available somewhere, which I use as well. I also manually adjusted the R10 in terms of engine power because it was simply WAY too fast.
http://team.motorsport.phpnet.org/mo...ownload&cid=81

SCC Prototype Mod (1998-2008 sportscars)
http://perfectdarkfr.free.fr/download.html

Several skins, updates and other stuff for these mods can be found on nogripracing.com
Old 26 Feb 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2837190)   #16
Dartguy
Rookie

Dartguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok guys. If you are interested in racing ALMS cars, we have released the NAGP ALSM 4.0 mod. Almost 200 cars, 6 classes, 4 seasons.

I am surprised the Badger hasn't mentioned this, as he races with us.

http://northamericangp.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

http://www.northamericangp.com/index...ageid=saturday

You need to sign up, but that just takes a minute. Once signed up, go to the Saturday league site, and under downloads, get the three cars packs, and the track pack (not necessary) Be sure to read the readme file for install instructions.

And get the last file (patch) It fixes a couple of bugs.

There will be a new patch in the coming weeks.

The AI has not really been worked on for this mod, because it was made for our online league. But you can't beat the mod for quality and quantity. The cars have all been tweaked to give the closest racing possible.

Enjoy!!