Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Nov 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2797048)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly! The car models do still look great though.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2797177)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What are they like to drive compared to the '67 F1 cars?
Old 29 Nov 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2797252)   #28
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only use the keyboard at the moment, so I can't say for sure, but they are more controllable than the '67 cars. They still provide plenty of four wheel drifting action though
Old 29 Nov 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2797372)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Much easier to drive Matt. I did 5 laps of Le Mans and with no more than a couple of dozen laps of GPL in the last 5 years, I didn't fall off once! That knife-edge nervousness that was a feature (for me) of the 67 GPL cars just isn't there. Actually quite a lot more fun to drive, IMO.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2804022)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad to see so little interest in this - it's still more fun to drive than rFactor!!
Old 13 Dec 2010, 23:18 (Ref:2804097)   #31
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
It is very very good, GPL has such a charm to it. I just wish I had something other than a Keyboard to play it on
Old 14 Dec 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2804123)   #32
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sad to see so little interest in this - it's still more fun to drive than rFactor!!
I just haven't got round to reinstalling everything yet, but it is definitely my intention to give it a go!
Old 20 Dec 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2806503)   #33
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's an entire forum of people here:

http://srmz.net/index.php?showforum=172
Old 20 Dec 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2806622)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I'm a member! Have been for quite a long time too!
Old 2 Jan 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2810061)   #35
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...That knife-edge nervousness that was a feature (for me) of the 67 GPL cars just isn't there. Actually quite a lot more fun to drive, IMO.
Interesting you should say that because its that knife edge feel that keeps me going back to GPL again and again. I tried the mod and it was fun but I immediately begun to miss the fast twitch reactions the 67 cars elicit. I'll still be playing the mod though, I have an edge to tear round the Targa in a P4 but I will still be jumping into the hairy single seaters where my next target is to get down into the low 1min 25s consistently at Zandvoort. Trust me, for an average driver like myself, its a real challenge. .
Old 2 Jan 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2810102)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree with you actually. The sports car are for fun, easy to drive and something just that little bit different. But when I find myself yearning for the really serious business that no other mod can offer, it'll be back to the 67 F1s. Frankly all the other mods I've tried, GTR, rFactor etc. etc. - they're arcade games compared to GPL - IMO.

I couldn't resist attaching my old GPL 'Monster' rank after your references to the 1:25s at Zandvort... The last update was 22nd October 2004........
Attached Thumbnails
gplrank.jpg  

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Jan 2011 at 09:11.
Old 2 Jan 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2810219)   #37
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a good mod, I'm really enjoying it.
Andy
Old 2 Jan 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2810236)   #38
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I couldn't resist attaching my old GPL 'Monster' rank after your references to the 1:25s at Zandvort... The last update was 22nd October 2004........
You've just made me realise just how much work I've still got to do! Of the cars I've used at Zandvoort so far, your times are on average, 2 tenths quicker than all of mine. Anyway, I don't wanna hijack this thread, back to the drawing board for me...
Old 2 Jan 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2810303)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, sorry to go OT, just reminiscing.......
Old 3 May 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2873597)   #40
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Necro-bump because I resuscitated an old XP desktop from the near-grave (I'm a Mac laptop user in my daily life) and grabbed my old wheel and pedals from my parents' basement to check out this mod and Targa and admittedly get back into the 65-69 open wheelers too. The comp is not up to much, eg. it can barely handle rFactor, but it's still quite good for GPL. Targa struggles on normal detail when there is a lot of track visible in the distance, but it's gorgeous.

I'm somewhat surprised that everyone finds the sportscars easier to drive though. I guess compared to the 67 GP cars, maybe, but definitely not compared to the 1.5L F1s. The sportscars are more stable but you need a lot more forethought to get them turned in nicely and with so much weight transferring you can't slide them back and forth as easily at rhythm tracks like Zandvoort. I haven't really played with setup though, and I know the 67 F1s were different beasts with some good setups than they were by default...