Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Oct 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2767738)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sportscar Legends 1967

Sportscar Legends 1967 is finally being released for Grand Prix Legends soon

http://www.virtualr.net/grand-prix-l...preview-video/
Old 3 Oct 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2768838)   #2
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't know people were still developing stuff for GPL. I'll certainly be checking that out.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2773815)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Sportscar Legends 1967 is finally being released for Grand Prix Legends soon

http://www.virtualr.net/grand-prix-l...preview-video/
Somehow I can't believe this is finally going to happen....

And yes Spud, there have been 2-3 new tracks released in the last couple of months. Still the best.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2773831)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just watched the promo video for Sports Car Legends - it looks fantastic to me! OK, it's not exactly cutting edge graphics like some of the modern stuff, but it still excites me more than most! Perhaps Spud you could hive off the SCL posts here to a new thread on the subject? From what I gather, it's supposed to be out later this month - although I'm not holding my breath! Even if no-one else is interested, it'll give me someone to hide when I pop over here.......
Old 17 Oct 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2776355)   #5
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Perhaps Spud you could hive off the SCL posts here to a new thread on the subject?
Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake... I never though I'd see the day when something new come out for GPL, so lets give it some fanfare! I can't believe it was 7-8 ears ago that we were running the TTFRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And yes Spud, there have been 2-3 new tracks released in the last couple of months. Still the best.
What tracks were these and where are they getting released these days?
Old 18 Oct 2010, 05:23 (Ref:2776442)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
http://gpltd.bcsims.com/

They may not all be completely new....

Sebring 1967
Donington 1937
Tronaasen
Daytona Road 1967
Old 18 Oct 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2776622)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Targa Florio has already been out for a while now too.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2789247)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it appears this mod has now been released I might have to dig out GPL, get it re-installed and then get playing.

You can get the mod at http://www.sportscarlegends.net/
Old 12 Nov 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2789390)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Rob!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2790393)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Cheers! I'll need to invest in a wheel before I can play it properly though..
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2790451)   #11
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damnit, i've lost my GPL disk
Old 14 Nov 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2790570)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Download the GPL 2004 demo

You can ''add'' to it.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2790577)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I'm having trouble finding the damn file in the directory..
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2790645)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Got it now
Old 14 Nov 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2790681)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland

I'm really liking this, the cars have more grip than the F1 cars, but you can still slide them through the corners with ease. Nice clunky sounds in the cockpit too.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2790703)   #16
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got it sorted, found my disk eventually! took ages to get it working on the xp/mac but got there in the end. great fun in the T70 but how can i make AI harder? even on pro i was lapping them in 4 laps...
Old 17 Nov 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2792232)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I'm having trouble finding the damn file in the directory..
Me too. Installed it but it doesn't seem to be there to point GEM at......
Old 17 Nov 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2792233)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Got it now
How did you find it - I can't........
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2792486)   #19
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Go into GEM, then go into carsets, it should be already there (GPLGT). Then hit the arrow button to make it active.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2792586)   #20
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
first time i did it, it failed miserably. think after a reboot it then worked. seemed a bit like witchcraft to be honest...
Old 26 Nov 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2796018)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Go into GEM, then go into carsets, it should be already there (GPLGT). Then hit the arrow button to make it active.
Nope. Not there at all.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2796417)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Thats strange...
Old 27 Nov 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2796466)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep

I guess I've done something wrong somewhere......
Old 27 Nov 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2796483)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now that's really strange - thought I;d try it one more time - and guess what? It worked perfectly! I LOVE this!!!! But I just ran a 5-lapper at Le Mans - the AI are SOOOOOOO slow!
Old 29 Nov 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2797034)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This has given GPL a whole new lease of life. OK, so the graphics aren't on a par with a modern sim but hey, this isn't a modern sim! It's still mighty good fun though and for me has the 'soul' that sims like rFactor just can't generate.....