Old 12 Dec 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2803320)   #1
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI: Forza 4 announced

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...08345?type=flv

Just thought I'd share that the Forza project shown at E3 was development of Forza 4. It's gonna be out in Q4 2011. Not much else has been said, besides what we were shown in the demo at E3 with Kinect.

Thoughts on what wev'e seen?
Old 12 Dec 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2803337)   #2
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how the hell is it goin to work via kinect? give me the pad any day
Old 12 Dec 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2803370)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather use kinect than a pad, I like getting two hands around the thing and wrestling it (i'm horribly slow with the pad)
Old 12 Dec 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2803392)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinect could also be used as a way to implement head tracking, which would be fantastic! That would make it more sim-y
Old 12 Dec 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2803455)   #5
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I hope is that whatever they do with the kinect is in addition to the game rather than being at the expense of the core gameplay. The head tracking idea would rock though.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2803478)   #6
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with head tracking is that it's head tracking, not eye tracking.

It's already possible with GT5 but they're not exactly using it as a selling point.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 03:29 (Ref:2803591)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow this is a bit of a surprise I wasnt expecting an announcement until next year. I wont racing using kinect, I will stick with the pad thankyou very much, but I can see kinect used to open doors, look under the bonnet etc, that would be ok.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2803717)   #8
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem that I see with the technology is the fact that I've not got a big enough room (in Uni halls ATM, likely to still be in halls next year) and if they make this solely a Kinect title, I won't be able to play it to it's full potential, and I don't want to buy Kinect JUST for Forza 4.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2803720)   #9
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exciting news, i LOVE the FM series!!!!

Im not interested in kinect either but can see it being used for some new features, either way, you know its gonna be a belter!!!!!

With FM4 and F1 2011, next year is gonna be a good un!
Old 13 Dec 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2803721)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I can see it being used for silly things like modding the car a little. It looked like you spin the car round, then point/lift various sections you want to edit - ie. lift the bonnet, edit the engine.

These trailers really don't show you too much either than CGI style effects.

Selby
Old 13 Dec 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2803766)   #11
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post
Thoughts on what wev'e seen?

My thoughts are that, as nice at it is, the vid doesn't really show anything.

I may keep half an eye on FM4 but if they continue down their "This game is about the car guys...not so much the racing" ethos that they had for FM3 I probably won't bother.

I found FM3 to be a major let down and unless T10 Re-include the custom public lobbies from FM2 I'll not bother.

Next year I'll have enough to keep me happy with GT5, F1 2010, F1 2011 and the posibility of SimBins GTR3 coming to console. So unless Forza Motorsport actually includes some motorsport I don't think I'll need another car game.

We'll see.

Perry McCarthy
Old 13 Dec 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2803796)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I desperately need/want more tracks in FM4... Not a good selection in 3, imo.

Maybe a track creator to out-do GT5's?

Selby
Old 13 Dec 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2803850)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was one of my thoughts about FM3, wasn't nearly enough track variation within the seasons. And after adding the tracks form both the disc and DLC we should be allowed to add them into the rotation for the race events. And make either the races worth fewer points or make the steps in advancement further apart, I shouldn't get to level 50 with less than 40% of the game complete. Some of us are that kind of racing geek that we'll keep going to win every event but at least give me something more than just being able to see every one completed. But then I'm also still kinda ticked that the special edition cars weren't available in a DLC pack after 6-8 months, but I haven't been on in a long time since my system died and I need a new hard drive to transfer all the cars over.

That said I'll prob still be one of the guys hitting the preorder button on gamestop's site the minute the game is listed. Any bets on whether they'll make 2011 or it will be delayed?
Old 13 Dec 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2803976)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
By the look of the trailer, they have a partnership with Clash Production, who produce some fantastic racing videos on youtube.

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/user/Clashpro...20/uI5agRLQ7Ng

Certainly a very different mood to Forza 3's ''community'' based experience
Old 19 Jan 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2817907)   #15
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow this game looks so amazing i have forza motorsport 3 but this is soo much better than that. If the game is out i'm going to buy it
Old 13 Feb 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2830769)   #16
Lin1876
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Lin1876 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed about the tracks. Made-up tracks are fine and good IF they're genuinely well designed (like High Speed Ring in GT). The ones in Forza 3 weren't. Let's see Brands Hatch, Spa, Monaco, Bathurst, et al. and remove Ladera Test Track and...the others.

And they need to re-introduce custom public lobbies and drastically reform the Quick Race mode. If I can change stuff like the cars used by the AI and damage and difficulty then I can get hooked on a quick race mode for ages, and then get on to the career.

GT5 set the bar pretty high for handling, but Forza does a good job too. Let's see wet weather and night racing this time. Then let's have night races in Le Mans in poring rain, then life will be wonderful!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2830774)   #17
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
All of the things you've mention Lin are claimed to be in Shift 2 Unleashed including sim handling as well as Spa Brands and Bathurst

So if it lives up to the promises I'm gonna get that instead in March and not bother with the disappointment of any more GT or FM games. Both of the last two version of each game have been bore fests.

Great if you read Max Power Magazine, but I'm more of an Autosport Mag reader myself so I want a racing game to satisfy my needs no more stamp collecting.

Perry McCarthy
Old 14 Feb 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2831003)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Haha, so you don't think its a waste of an FIA GT lisence anymore then?

I will be very interested in what FM4 will have to offer. T10 really cant put out another FM3, they need to do something new.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2831271)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max Power and Autosport are pretty similar mate.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2831313)   #20
Lin1876
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Lin1876 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
johnboy, I played the original NFS Shift when it came out. It's really ****! You never know, the next one might be better, stranger things have happened. I'm more an Autosport reader myself, but a bit of stamp collecting never did anyone any harm, specially if the stamps are good ones!
Old 20 Feb 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2834215)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Stamp Collecting... Sounds like something someone from EA would say.. dunt it?
Old 20 Feb 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2834216)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Anyway, Turn 10 have announced a partership with Pirelli, and have also hired out all of the tracks that will feature in FM4, so that they can take photos and use GPS to model the tracks.

So basically, so far FM4 will have a decent tyre model and NEW track models
Old 20 Feb 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2834269)   #23
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1876 View Post
johnboy, I played the original NFS Shift when it came out. It's really ****!
Yep me too, and like Nicky has said I posted on our Forum that I thought Shift2 would be a waste of an FIA GT licence.

Thankfully he opened my mind and encouraged me to look into it further without the predjudice that I had already decided on. When I looked into it more I'm now seeing a lot of potential for Shift2 as long as it's not all hype.

I'm not holding my breath....but I'm not writing it off either.

Perry McCarthy
Old 20 Feb 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2834404)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
Yep me too, and like Nicky has said I posted on our Forum that I thought Shift2 would be a waste of an FIA GT licence.

Thankfully he opened my mind and encouraged me to look into it further without the predjudice that I had already decided on. When I looked into it more I'm now seeing a lot of potential for Shift2 as long as it's not all hype.

I'm not holding my breath....but I'm not writing it off either.
Thats what i'm here for JB It will probably not be a full sim, but the feel of the car should be better than forza. It will be very immersive.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2834408)   #25
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The paint editor and PI system have always been the things I've liked the most with the Forza series. Custom paint jobs give you the opportunity to have your own identity rather than racing as someone else and the PI allows you to set some rules which help with league racing. As long as those stay then I would be happy.

Whenever I'm looking to by a game its always the online experience which is the decider, so what would be nice is more slots for the online lobbies. GT5 has managed 16 so time to raise the bar.