Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Apr 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2863311)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
WRC

Hey there,

Got it yesterday - who's got it? What do you think?

One of the most frustrating games i've played in a very long time. I seem to think i'm doing ok and getting the hang of it, then low and behold, i'll spin like i'm on ice and not be able to do a damn thing about it other than shout at my screen (yes, really).

There's some good ideas, and I generally actually quite like it, but one thing I cannot fathom is the levels of consistancy in the dynamics. I really can't understand why i'll spin and sometimes take it perfectly adequetly.

Thoughts?

Selby
Old 14 Apr 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2863337)   #2
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Played the demo and thought it was horrible.

Impossible to get the car sideways at speed and then when it does it spins out like you say.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2863394)   #3
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As above, the demo was enough 4 me, thought it was an horrendous game
Old 14 Apr 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2863433)   #4
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got ti and kind of liked it. Reminded me of the old WRC games by evo studios on PS2. (Graphics are about as good!)
It's keeping me occupied until DiRT3 is out. Not an awful game but not amazing, Black Bean should probably stick to the VERY impressive SBK series.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2864208)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually rally games are rarely even nearly realistic. Apart from RBR, when was the last time you played a rally game with believable handing? I liked the WRC demo, nice and difficult, just how driving a 320hp rally car on a loose surface should be!

Its nothing like the old WRC games at all in this respect. But at the same time, it has nothing on RBR, which is one of the best sims out there.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2864492)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Black bean are seemingly using the same engine for all their games! Inherently a bike engine is never going to work with cars!

It didnt work in the awful Touring car game they did nor this.

Is truly hideous as a rally game, despite the as usual for them nice grsphics and menu's.

Gameplay utterly frustrating and about as unrealistic as Ridge Racer!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2865860)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Further to all this from Blackbean, received a great little email from someone in the service area today!

I recently got SBKX on the cheap, really liked he older PS2 game so gave this a try.

I usually have a few days playing on time trial at first to learn the physics and tracks etc, only to find you couldn't turn off the damn ghost mode.

So I sent them a simple message asking if you could turn it off.

"Sorry you can't do that in this game"

Genius, all you need is a small piece of code to allow it to be on or off surely!!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2866012)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I havn't gone back to it just yet. I fear i'll end up shouting at my tv once again

Hard to convince yourself to play a game that you know will frustrate you at least once.

Actually, convincing yourself to a play a game isn't great, full stop, is it?

Selby
Old 18 Apr 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2866095)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Throw it in the bin mate.