Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 May 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3903460)   #651
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTCR uses their own BOP on top of the global BOP.

I wouldn't use WTCR as the yardstick.
Old 13 May 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3903461)   #652
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Looks a little light on branding. Perhaps a work in progress?
Old 13 May 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3903462)   #653
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 May 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3903465)   #654
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
WTCR uses their own BOP on top of the global BOP.

I wouldn't use WTCR as the yardstick.
I believe the system used is an automatic one based on the average performance of each the various makes of car, Just wondered where it is at for Round One?
Old 13 May 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3903467)   #655
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I believe the system used is an automatic one based on the average performance of each the various makes of car, Just wondered where it is at for Round One?
The latest BOP list I could find.

This is without additional measures that WTCR and a couple of other series use.
Old 13 May 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3903472)   #656
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Looks a little light on branding. Perhaps a work in progress?
Hoping for some Renault money by the colour scheme....

Garry did used to have a Nissan dealership at Glen Waverley, did he ever get into Renault?

Should look GREAT on TV. Hopefully it aint a French Teapot

Quote:
This is without additional measures that WTCR and a couple of other series use.
Still funny that people complain about parity and hold up TCR as a panacea when you can be given 97.5% or 102.5% power.
Old 13 May 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3903485)   #657
Umai Naa
Veteran

The difference is they actually test what needs to be tested, and directly compare the cars.
Old 13 May 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3903561)   #658
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Heimgartner To KR TCR WRX

...although I can’t say I have ever seen Subaru Australia offer a FWD WRX in this market..
Old 13 May 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3903577)   #659
Umai Naa
Veteran

Audi doesn't offer a FWD RS3 either, but who cares?
Old 13 May 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3903590)   #660
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Audi doesn't offer a FWD RS3 either, but who cares?
Just waiting for a justification of the series being related to "cars you can buy from the dealer" when in at least 2 of the cases, you just cant...
Old 13 May 2019, 23:11 (Ref:3903594)   #661
Umai Naa
Veteran

The great unwashed won't fuss too much about it.
Old 14 May 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3903603)   #662
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just waiting for a justification of the series being related to "cars you can buy from the dealer" when in at least 2 of the cases, you just cant...

At least in this series the racecar looks somewhat like the road car and not a funny car..

Nice to see more manufacturers like Renault and Honda putting more money into touring cars in this country.
Old 14 May 2019, 01:05 (Ref:3903609)   #663
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
At least in this series the racecar looks somewhat like the road car and not a funny car..
Not sure I have ever seen a Golf on the road with those boxed wheel arch flares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Nice to see more manufacturers like Renault and Honda putting more money into touring cars in this country.
There seems to be plenty of homage to the parent importer, as distinct from money changing hands...
Old 14 May 2019, 02:11 (Ref:3903613)   #664
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not production cars. Production based.

But you know that GTR, you are just letting your bias show again.

Category looking good. I think I’ll enjoy this as much as I’ll enjoy Supercars. Isn’t Motorsport great when done well 😊
Old 14 May 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3903614)   #665
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Not sure I have ever seen a Golf on the road with those boxed wheel arch flares.....

Not sure I’ve ever seen a Mustang on the road with such drastic front end restyling nor a wing that wouldn’t look out of place in a speedway race. Were it Japanese I’d be wrong on both counts but I digress haha
Old 14 May 2019, 02:57 (Ref:3903616)   #666
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure I have ever seen a Golf on the road with those boxed wheel arch flares...
I've never seen a Opel Insignia with a Chev V8 on the street either. Especially one built in Banyo. Come to think of it, I've hardly seen an Insignia/Commodore in the flesh, or an Altima. And i've never seen a Mustang that looks anything like the Supercar. Yet i've seen plenty of i30s, Golf's, and Subaru's that look pretty similar

Would anyone other than an anti-TCR person really care?

I know i'll be at SMP on Sunday, to have a look, and hope the show is run a bit better than previous Supercars events with parking etc and hopefully some access to the paddock as part of admission
Old 14 May 2019, 03:44 (Ref:3903618)   #667
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy400 View Post
Not production cars. Production based.

But you know that GTR, you are just letting your bias show again.

Category looking good. I think I’ll enjoy this as much as I’ll enjoy Supercars. Isn’t Motorsport great when done well 😊
So if, in your opinion of course, I don't agree with the PR machine then I must be biased? Cool bananas. Just checking your biases out..
Old 14 May 2019, 04:01 (Ref:3903619)   #668
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The guy who seems to be most absent from around associated social media Global Authority commentary traps is the Vocal Harem of Mike Jacobson.

There's a guy who hates Supercars like no other. What's his take on this non-cookie cutter, non-silhouette form of motorsport?

Maybe he's scored corporate tickets for Round One?
Old 14 May 2019, 04:10 (Ref:3903620)   #669
Umai Naa
Veteran

Alex Davison announced as DSO.
Old 14 May 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3903621)   #670
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
The guy who seems to be most absent from around associated social media Global Authority commentary traps is the Vocal Harem of Mike Jacobson.

There's a guy who hates Supercars like no other. What's his take on this non-cookie cutter, non-silhouette form of motorsport?

Don’t say his name three times otherwise he might appear and disturb the peace again.
Old 14 May 2019, 05:30 (Ref:3903627)   #671
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heingartner in for the Kelly's, perhaps the strongest signing yet?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2019, 05:57 (Ref:3903629)   #672
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Heingartner in for the Kelly's, perhaps the strongest signing yet?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Parachuted in?
Old 14 May 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3903630)   #673
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post

Please don't jinx us like that...
Old 14 May 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3903633)   #674
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So if, in your opinion of course, I don't agree with the PR machine then I must be biased? Cool bananas. Just checking your biases out..

Really?
You want to know my biases after I just told you I hope to enjoy TCR as much as Supercars!?!

I am a motorsport fan.

I remember cheering for Dick Johnson in the Mustang (1986 or so) because he was my Dad's favourite. That wasn't fun but not long after the Sierra was untouchable so I had plenty to be proud of.

I remember not understanding the hate toward your beloved GTR as they had just built a better mousetrap than the others.

I remember shaking my head at the Brabhams running too long in their BMW at Bathurst as that was my favourite car at the time...then the next year I was in the Volvo pits when Rydell & Richards won the same event.

I remember cheering for the likes of Cameron McLean getting some good results as a genuine privateer.

I remember Ambrose getting pole on debut and many thought he short cut the track.

I remember how fast and loud Schumacher's Ferrari was at the AGP in 2001.

I remember staying up for 24 hours to watch one of the Brabhams redeem himself and win the Le Mans 24 hour race.

I then went to Le Mans for Webber & Porsche's return to that event, and backed it up 2 weeks later to watch the Nurburgring 24 hour.

I even stayed awake to watch last weekends F1 race - despite it's lackof excitement.

I think the Foxtel deal was great because I get to see more motorsport than ever before.

I think TCR being on SBS is great because its new to the country and it gives more people a chance to watch.

There is so much more...

TL/DR
Do I have biases? I like motorsport and don't feel the need to sh*tcan it for the sake of it.

Last edited by Speedy400; 14 May 2019 at 06:35. Reason: i used a rude word
Old 14 May 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3903634)   #675
Umai Naa
Veteran

Aren't you employed by ARG as their public relations officer?