Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3908178)   #301
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You see Andrew we do agree on many things
Old 6 Jun 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3908214)   #302
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Aysedasi;3908152]Nor am I, my friend.......

I suspect you're both relative youngsters! You've recently mentioned your impending retirement, Andrew. My retirement day is now just a distant memory, but I surprise myself each year by still wanting to be at Le Mans come June.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3908249)   #303
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Le Vieux;3908214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nor am I, my friend.......

I suspect you're both relative youngsters! You've recently mentioned your impending retirement, Andrew. My retirement day is now just a distant memory, but I surprise myself each year by still wanting to be at Le Mans come June.
I retired from the Bank 7 years ago and will hit 60 at the end of the year so i will be officially old
Old 6 Jun 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3908253)   #304
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
62 last month.... Right now, on my last morning at work before my hols, I'm feeling about 72, however hopefully in a few days time it'll be 52.... or 42...... or......
Old 6 Jun 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3908256)   #305
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you are as old as you feel and the annual trip we all make takes years off you.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3908259)   #306
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's what I'm hoping!
Old 6 Jun 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3908344)   #307
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just sorted a combination of Eurostars, Eurotunnels, and obviously a nice hotel for Sunday night, so I think I can probably add my name to the list of those coming along this year.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3908345)   #308
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
See you on Wednesday Ian
Old 6 Jun 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3908352)   #309
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
See you on Wednesday Ian
Indeed - looking forward to it - be nice to escape what's been a very silly year for a few days...
Old 7 Jun 2019, 00:27 (Ref:3908375)   #310
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still haven't made it, wish I'd planned ahead and could have made it my 40th birthday trip. Maybe for 45 in a few years. But think it will take some planning for a trip from the US and possibly just the weekend since I'll likely be with the wife. She's not a big racing person but think I could ditch the baker in Paris and she'd be in heaven.

Might need to start planning, any thoughts for a US traveller anyone care to share?
Old 7 Jun 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3908393)   #311
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Still haven't made it, wish I'd planned ahead and could have made it my 40th birthday trip. Maybe for 45 in a few years. But think it will take some planning for a trip from the US and possibly just the weekend since I'll likely be with the wife. She's not a big racing person but think I could ditch the baker in Paris and she'd be in heaven.

Might need to start planning, any thoughts for a US traveller anyone care to share?
I did the reverse experience this year : went to sebring from the netherlands, took my wife with me and she loved the total experience including camping in greenpark within the track. You should do the same, there are so many things you can do around the race over here,
Old 7 Jun 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3908403)   #312
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

There are quite a few on here that make the trip each year or at least regularly so i am sure they will be in touch however at the moment they may already be travelling or preparing to do so
Old 7 Jun 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3908415)   #313
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Hi Broadrun96.

You are always welcome in the Tentenths International Camp. We have hosted Americans before.
We are a mixed bunch with the core being Danish. But we have had Brits, Swedes, Romanies, Aussis and Americans living in our camp the last 6 years.
We are camped in Houx, so you will experience old school Le Mans Camping between supercars.

Let me know if you want more info.

Kenn
Old 7 Jun 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3908528)   #314
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Right then people. I'm all packed up and will be leaving home at about 6.15 tomorrow morning for the ferry to Caen. I'll have connectivity much of the time that I'm in France so I'll still be looking in here pretty often. As I always say at this time of the year, if you're going to Le Mans, safe journeys and have a great time. If you're already there - lucky you! If you're not going, then I hope you can find a decent stream somewhere to enjoy the race. Best wishes to all and I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in the usual place on Saturday week (and hopefully at other times during the week as well....)
Old 7 Jun 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3908534)   #315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Have a sate Journey Andrew and see you next week, say hello to Helen if you see her at scrutineering
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3908540)   #316
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Right then people. I'm all packed up and will be leaving home at about 6.15 tomorrow morning for the ferry to Caen. I'll have connectivity much of the time that I'm in France so I'll still be looking in here pretty often. As I always say at this time of the year, if you're going to Le Mans, safe journeys and have a great time. If you're already there - lucky you! If you're not going, then I hope you can find a decent stream somewhere to enjoy the race. Best wishes to all and I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in the usual place on Saturday week (and hopefully at other times during the week as well....)
If you're on a ferry tonight, have fun!
In any case looking forward to seeing you at Pascal's famous meeting on Saturday next week.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3908543)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Tomorrow morning Christopher, I hope it's a bit less 'choppy' that tonight's will be!
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3908547)   #318
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Tomorrow morning Christopher, I hope it's a bit less 'choppy' that tonight's will be!
Have a good crossing Andrew.
The sea can calm down very quickly.
Hope that applies tonight.
Very blowy here in Seine Maritime, so here's to calmer weather in Calvados tomorrow.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3908605)   #319
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, by winning of the 2017 Prediction I qualified to visit Le Mans for my first time - and some circumtances changed cause I won the poker of getting a new life.

2019 will maybe not the race of the century and I will not hear the engines, which i heard at Spa Classic 2019. But Le Mans is still on the top of my bucket list.

On Tuesday I got still work to do, so I like to watch the qualify sessions at home and drive though the night to go for a coffee at the ocean on Friday. Then I got a small hostel in the middle of nowhere to check french cuisine. Early saturday finally i drive the rest to Le Mans to get supplies for the race at Carrefour.

At 11.00 a friend of mine and me will hopefully reach the circuit.

Maybe it's not useful, but i think i get two tickets for a tribune (Wimille?) with giant screen additionally. I like numbers, calculation with changing circumtances and cannot wait to check lifetiming, race and TV-coverage at once. (too) many information and finally getting confused - wonderful, love it!

By now I check the market for tickets and think 2 x General entrance, 2 x tribunes and 1x parking Expo will be the choice for a firsttimer with a long car with a place for one person to sleep.

The rest will come to me like the chips from PokerPros.

I wish you all a wonderful week there . I'm thankfully to join the discussion and the enthusiasm here. (y)
Old 8 Jun 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3908622)   #320
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if you want to meet us all then check the meeting thread, your chance to talk to real le mans fans and find out how to spend the following 24 hours.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3908636)   #321
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well started packing ready for tuesday morning, first task is to fit stuff into the small spaces around the spare wheel in the car, surprised how much you can squeeze in there. Unfortunately new car much smaller than my old estate, so need to squeeze stuff in
Old 8 Jun 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3908670)   #322
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Safe journey. We will set off on Wednesday morning. Sadly cant take the MGB because I've damaged my back, cant get in and out, so will probably take the Fiesta ST which should be a hoot.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3908672)   #323
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well I'm sitting here in my fine little namby pamby hotel. Choppy crossing for the first 3 hours then it settled down and by the time we arrived in Caen it was like a mill pond and the sun was shining. A little occasional light non-sun as we drove to Le Mans arriving just after 5 pm. Having had a very nice dinner I'm now sitting here watching some footy before I turn in on what has been a nice evening. Absolutely wonderful to be back...….
Old 8 Jun 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3908673)   #324
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to Le Mans (or at least the race) for the first time this year - my race partner convinced me after he made his first trip last year that it was something I should definitely do before entering my eighth decade....

Because milady is some 15 years older than me I don't want to be away for too long, so we are flying / TGVing over on Friday, staying in Le Mans town, and coming back Monday. Intend to stay up for as much of the race as possible, but my days of missing out all Saturday night's sleep to do a road rally are long time gone - its even more than 10 years since I did Le Jog and that Monday morning to Tuesday mid-morning was a toughie!

I think I'm starting to be excited......
Old 8 Jun 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3908675)   #325
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well I'm sitting here in my fine little namby pamby hotel. Choppy crossing for the first 3 hours then it settled down and by the time we arrived in Caen it was like a mill pond and the sun was shining. A little occasional light non-sun as we drove to Le Mans arriving just after 5 pm. Having had a very nice dinner I'm now sitting here watching some footy before I turn in on what has been a nice evening. Absolutely wonderful to be back...….
So well rested for tomorrow afternoon at Place de la République!!