Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jul 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3916597)   #451
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
highest placed per race or overall? we have seen TCT cars beat TCR cars so where is the sense in that?

wikipedia seems to have tables for each but no idea how accurate they are
Honestly don't have a clue. Only TCR UK score points and it seems maybe the best non TCR UK class car in each race just gets a trophy.

On TCT website there is a regulations document that has a points system but thats before the merger with TCR UK

TCR UK seems to use the FIA scoring system.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3916599)   #452
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Croft preview article on the TCR UK site mentions that Neal is leading the overall standings with 65 points but I haven't seen a points table, other than the one on Wikipedia.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 23:21 (Ref:3916603)   #453
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So from what we know, there may or may not be championship that's possibly being led by Henry Neal using some random points system, we dont know who his nearest challenger is because nobody knows whos eligible for or that it is just some trophy for the best guy thats driving either a NGTC car or a TCR spec car thats not eligible for the TCR Championship (which does exist as a separate championship) because its not technically a TCR car.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 01:20 (Ref:3916613)   #454
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Was watching the stream and according to the commentator their is only a points system for TCR UK. TCT is just a trophy for highest place car in that class.
That's odd, because according to a post by Stewart Lines, there are trophy for first, second and third, plus one for the highest placed TCR car. That was what was handed out on the podium at Donington.

So the championship points are the exact opposite of the trophy?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 05:33 (Ref:3916625)   #455
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
The Croft preview article on the TCR UK site mentions that Neal is leading the overall standings with 65 points but I haven't seen a points table, other than the one on Wikipedia.
But I thought Henry Neal was in an NGTC car and didn't qualify for TCR regs? So if only TCR cars have a championship, why are TCR UK saying a non eligible driver is now leading it in a TCT car?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3916627)   #456
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Quote:
But I thought Henry Neal was in an NGTC car and didn't qualify for TCR regs? So if only TCR cars have a championship, why are TCR UK saying a non eligible driver is now leading it in a TCT car?
For clarity, the article reads:
'The Dunlop Touring Car Trophy/TCR UK Championship heads up north for their third round of the season with Henry Neal leading the overall TCT standings and Carl Swift the TCR UK points table.'
Old 9 Jul 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3916632)   #457
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So in summary 24 hours after he race. We know who crossed the line first, but we don't know what they were driving, what they won, or why ... Cracking little series this
The Promotors have devised an infallible solution for the forthcoming rounds:

1) only 1 car will be entered in the race. If 2 or more have the audacity to try and qualify only 1 will be permitted to do so.

2) all competitors must join the AA with the "Relay" service, thus guaranteeing the car gets home.

3) to prevent badge confusion Mr James May will unpimp the ride prior to the cars running at the meeting.

That should sort that. Unless Pastor Maldonado happens to be driver, in which case we're $%&€ed!
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3916633)   #458
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
wikipedia seems to have tables for each but no idea how accurate they are
Bear in mind any idiot can edit Wiki then possibly not. Cast your minds back into recent past and a BTCC entry list got doctored daily. A certain J Plato was driving every car in the history of mankind depending what the pranksters decided on any given day!
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3916634)   #459
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Bear in mind any idiot can edit Wiki then possibly not. Cast your minds back into recent past and a BTCC entry list got doctored daily. A certain J Plato was driving every car in the history of mankind depending what the pranksters decided on any given day!

this is true but the oh so hilaroius "jeff army" dont know about TCR UK, ... come to that nobody does!
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3916637)   #460
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The Promotors have devised an infallible solution for the forthcoming rounds:

1) only 1 car will be entered in the race. If 2 or more have the audacity to try and qualify only 1 will be permitted to do so.

2) all competitors must join the AA with the "Relay" service, thus guaranteeing the car gets home.

3) to prevent badge confusion Mr James May will unpimp the ride prior to the cars running at the meeting.

That should sort that. Unless Pastor Maldonado happens to be driver, in which case we're $%&€ed!

I understand that to save confusion next time, the results will be drawn from a hat shortly after qualifying (which will be based on the order the drivers get to the circuit on the Saturday morning), it will also then be drawn from another hat what class they have won and what they were driving.
Everyone will go home with a trophy or points which are awarded from a random number generator app on Stewart Lines phone
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3916639)   #461
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been a while since I've looked at anything TCR UK related, I'm absolutely lost..
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3916640)   #462
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Been a while since I've looked at anything TCR UK related, I'm absolutely lost..
Nope don't be silly we were told yesterday it's in no way confusing..!!

Although I think almost every post since (save a couple of sarcastic ones from Alfisti and myself) has shown just how confusing it all is and how people with a reasonable working knowledge of touring cars and motorsports in general have no idea what this series is, how or what you win or even who it's being aimed at.

Last edited by btccbloke; 9 Jul 2019 at 07:39.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3916646)   #463
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Although I think almost every post since (save a couple of sarcastic ones from Alfisti and myself) has shown just how confusing it all is and how people with a reasonable working knowledge of touring cars and motorsports in general have no idea what this series is, how or what you win or even who it's being aimed at.
It's only confusing if you make it that way.

All cars are entered into the TCT.
The TCT points system is listed in the championship regulations.
James Turkington currently leads the TCT championship from Neal and Kent.

TCR cars also run to a separate class, with points awarded in line with the FIA TCR International system.
Lewis Kent leads the TCR UK championship from Turkington and Wilson.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3916648)   #464
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

TCR cars also run to a separate class, with points awarded in line with the FIA TCR International system.
its confusing because the totally incompetent people running tct/tcr uk issue confusing media releases and confusing entry lists

youd think that with only 7 or 8 cars they could at least get their entry details right!
Old 9 Jul 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3916649)   #465
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand how Lewis Kent didn't get a jump start penalty in race 1 as he clearly moved forward before the lights, Even though he stopped and started again when the lights went out I thought that was still a false start
Old 9 Jul 2019, 08:57 (Ref:3916650)   #466
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

well that and that nobody seems to be able to clarify the points system, or what the championship is, or who gets a trophy....
Old 9 Jul 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3916653)   #467
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
well that and that nobody seems to be able to clarify the points system, or what the championship is, or who gets a trophy....
TCT points system is listed in the championship regulations.
TCR is run to TCR International FIA points system.

The TCT championship is for all cars competing.
The TCR UK championship is for TCR cars only.

Trophies are awarded to the first three places in each race, and the winner of each class.

What more needs clarifying?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3916663)   #468
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why do the organisers make the non-tcr cars put the tcr uk championship stickers on them?!

apart from it confusing the 5 people watching its probably against trade descriptions act because they are not even in the tcr uk championship.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3916670)   #469
EarlCdwards
Rookie

EarlCdwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCT can't award points because it's a series not a registered championship. The regulations on the website are a draft copy and in the final version the points section is removed.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3916688)   #470
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
TCT points system is listed in the championship regulations.
Are they?

https://www.maximummotorsport.uk/touring-car-trophy
TCT website has the DRAFT regs prior to the merger, so no longer valid.

https://brscc.co.uk/formulae/dunlop-touring-car-trophy/
BRSCC website has the published regs, but section 1.6 which should list the points structure just shows N/A

Or is there some other set of regs?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3916691)   #471
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems one thing that is consistent in the series is the amount of confusion about it. Nothing can go right for it or so it appears, no matter what they try
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3916693)   #472
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
why do the organisers make the non-tcr cars put the tcr uk championship stickers on them?!

apart from it confusing the 5 people watching its probably against trade descriptions act because they are not even in the tcr uk championship.
Against trade descriptions
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3916695)   #473
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
The TCR UK championship is for TCR cars only....

Quote:
....What more needs clarifying?

Except when your TCR car is not a TCR car because someone forgot to switch the badge on the boot?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3916700)   #474
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
I don't understand how Lewis Kent didn't get a jump start penalty in race 1 as he clearly moved forward before the lights, Even though he stopped and started again when the lights went out I thought that was still a false start
It's only a false start if it's observed by a judge of fact and if that judge of fact notifies the clerk of the course within a certain time/number of laps (delete as applicable).

If nobody sees you do it, it's not a false start.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3916704)   #475
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'll tell you what. The racing may be poorly supported and a bit lack-lustre, but it's certainly an entertaining thread this!