Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2000, 18:31 (Ref:707)   #1
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After all the points raised on should he? shouldn't he race?, how did he do(for a guy with cracked ribs)?
The stories say that he won't test this week to give them a chance to heal.
Also after all the flak he caught last year (I think Liz was especially scathing), has he gained more respect this year??
Old 8 May 2000, 19:13 (Ref:708)   #2
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

He may not be the fastest but he goes about his job without complaining too much. At least he gives more than one-word answers!
Old 8 May 2000, 19:19 (Ref:709)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think for all the talk that went on in the off season, DC may have been the one to be closest to doing what he promised. He has yet to complain publicly about the miserable results (pre Silverstone) and his loss of points at Brazil. Now with injuries that would not even allow him to celebrate the podium finish, he continues to soldier on. We see his teammate being testy and *****y at the press conference whne pressed to give more than a one syllable response to questions. Maybe ther pressure of being the champ is weighing heavier on MH than being the teammate to the champ is to DC.
Old 8 May 2000, 20:18 (Ref:710)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

DC himself said that he would forgo testing this week to allow himself to recover fully.

KC, I think (hope) that DC was not spraying champagne out of respect for the pilots families. It may be wishful thinking, but I suspect if he could drag an F1 car around for a couple of hours, a few busted ribs wouldn't normally prevent him from raising a cheer for another podium finish.

Just guessing. The guy definately made the best of a terrible week.
Old 8 May 2000, 23:37 (Ref:713)   #5
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the question to DC in the post race confrence asking him about the events earlier in the week was inapropriot and should not have been asked it was putting him on the spot sortof excepting him to dedicate the race, I don't know.??
Old 8 May 2000, 23:47 (Ref:711)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I've said anything mean about DC I hereby take it back. The man is a professional and no question about it, and if one of Those Cars has to win the WDC I'd pefer it to be him. He has said just enough to allow everyone to know he is taking the plane crash seriously, and not enough to make an issue of it, and he has been very polite in telling people not to dwell on it. And I believe that I said I hoped if he won he would not jump up and down like TGF would, but would be restrained out of respect for the dead, and I believe that is exactly what he did. Good for you DC and go get'em!
Old 9 May 2000, 00:27 (Ref:712)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz, you have summed up my sentiments precisely. I've always admired DC's serious and professional manner, and I think beneath the veneer, he is a very decent guy.
Here's to the Scotsman.
Old 9 May 2000, 12:42 (Ref:714)   #8
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Above all, DC has shown himself to be a thoroughly decent and immensely professional driver. He may never rank among the greats, but I believe that within the racing community he is regarded -- and will be remembered -- for all the right reasons.

Old 9 May 2000, 14:07 (Ref:715)   #9
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC has gone up 100% in my estimation. He has reacted with great diginity and professionalism through the last week or so.
No need to go into the details. But I hope some of his fellow drivers take note of how he has conducted himself.