Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3643615)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oh pants. I was trying to say it wouldn't **** and messed up. Aysedasi I've reported my post to save you the effort
Duly noted Adam. You've let me down, you've let Ten Tenths down and worst of all, you've let yourself down...... Now go and stand in the corner for the rest of the afternoon.......
Old 22 May 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3643624)   #27
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember rightly we had heavy rain after the race last year whilst we decided to pack the tent in the middle of it!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Old 22 May 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3643634)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Duly noted Adam. You've let me down, you've let Ten Tenths down and worst of all, you've let yourself down...... Now go and stand in the corner for the rest of the afternoon.......
Can I come out now?
Old 22 May 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3643637)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can I come out now?
Oh, alright then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
If I remember rightly we had heavy rain after the race last year whilst we decided to pack the tent in the middle of it!

This post just passes moderation as it talks of rain after the race......
Old 22 May 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3643639)   #30
Mikelancs
Rookie

Thought I better not fuel the flames of rain in the race although a little spinkle in areas of the track (but not all) et Al 2014 seems to mix thing's up!

Old 22 May 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3643655)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It also kept the dust down in the camp sites
Old 22 May 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3643657)   #32
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I mentioned 1980 once, but I think I got away with it
Old 22 May 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3643696)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 23 May 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3643880)   #34
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having spent the last few months living near the equator, I'm hoping for heat in abundance now more than ever. Looks like we've got our best chance in a while.

We're long overdue a proper scorcher. I'm after 2000, 2005 levels of pure heatwave.
Old 23 May 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3643889)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
warm and dry is all i ask for, heatwave is not good at the track as you spend large periods of time standing at the trackside getting burnt, i speak from experience
Old 23 May 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3643897)   #36
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a french word said in the villages of Mulsanne and Raudin with a shrug sounds like 'Pluie' then the locals all scurry for cover. Does any one know what it means (and why do so many of us want it about sunset time?)
Old 23 May 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3643909)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have absolutely no idea what that word means Sam but I'm led to believe that it once had some ancient weather reference but has now been officially struck from the French dictionary.......
Old 23 May 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3643917)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Struck from the dictionary sounds serious
Old 23 May 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3643920)   #39
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
There is a french word said in the villages of Mulsanne and Raudin with a shrug sounds like 'Pluie' then the locals all scurry for cover. Does any one know what it means (and why do so many of us want it about sunset time?)
Would it be a word only used in the Mulsanne county dialect?
Old 24 May 2016, 06:07 (Ref:3644015)   #40
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I know that word but I believe it is offensive unless preceded by 'Il ne' and followed by 'pas'
Old 25 May 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3644338)   #41
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
Thought I better not fuel the flames of rain in the race although a little sprinkle in areas of the track (but not all) et Al 2014 seems to mix things up!
(Looks sternly over glasses) You weren't one of the marshals trying to flag while struggling into wet weather gear, watching that wall of water march toward you down Les Hunaudières. Although it was mildly entertaining to see the cars pop out of the wall, streaming with water, into your (at that point) dry sector.

And then all $&@#% broke loose. No, I'm with Gingers and Ayse -- dry is the way to go.
Keke
Old 25 May 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3644342)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well lets hope the word dry relates to the weather and not the availability of fuel for the race
Old 25 May 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3644343)   #43
Mikelancs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
(Looks sternly over glasses) You weren't one of the marshals trying to flag while struggling into wet weather gear, watching that wall of water march toward you down Les Hunaudières. Although it was mildly entertaining to see the cars pop out of the wall, streaming with water, into your (at that point) dry sector.

And then all $&@#% broke loose. No, I'm with Gingers and Ayse -- dry is the way to go.
Keke
Err No !

Old 26 May 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3644527)   #44
Benedict
Rookie

Benedict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 - My first Le Mans, blisteringly hot! (thought it would always be like that!) The Aston drivers were getting ice tipped all over them as they sat at pit stops.... paddling pools were everywhere on the campsites.....before they got banned. happy days!
Old 27 May 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3644784)   #45
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!

I like this one:

http://www.accuweather.com/da/fr/le-...monyr=6/1/2016

Old 27 May 2016, 07:51 (Ref:3644787)   #46
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The weather is so unstable I'm not very confident so far. It was the same last year. But, I am so pessimistic...
Old 28 May 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3645174)   #47
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If r..... is forbidden so what is this?
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...d0QJOz2yIIG_-S
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...QD_KFi4KoGgswJ
Oh I know the word "drops" is not forbidden so maybe now we have all the drops of the sky to get sunny for THE EVENT!
Old 28 May 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3645194)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Eric the links do not work
Old 28 May 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3645239)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have we ever had Hail storms at Le Mans?
Just seeing footage from Nürburgring which was hit massively.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3645269)   #50
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know. But even it such happened during the race, and at massive impact like at N24 today, I'm 99,9% certain they wouldn't red flag Le Mans during the race. WEC, ELMS, all those other series yes, but not LM. To my knowledge this is pretty much the only major race left in the world that won't be stopped no matter what happened - even if the regs state the possibility of such theoretically happening. It's just too much of a blow for historical reference where it's never happened, plus the crowds etc. So the race control would make them crawl around behind safety car for as long as "needed", but no red flag.

The only ways I could see it stopped mid-race would be declaration of war, nuclear strike, terrorist attack/hijack, asteroid impact, or hurricane. Possibly 1955 happening again as times have changed a bit.

Last edited by Deleted; 28 May 2016 at 21:54.