Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Nov 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2982100)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Jesus, PR starts over a week ahead of what's a normal season race?
And that's a bad thing?
Old 6 Nov 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2982260)   #52
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
And that's a bad thing?
No not at all, I´m just surprised, aside from Le Mans and maybe Sebring and PLM, sports car races are usually pretty low-key.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2982284)   #53
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
No not at all, I´m just surprised, aside from Le Mans and maybe Sebring and PLM, sports car races are usually pretty low-key.
I figure the team need to be over there in plenty of time to adjust to the time difference and with it being such a big market for them they may as well try and drum up some excitement for the event.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2982562)   #54
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Hakkinen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObuYJHmmKY
Old 7 Nov 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2982563)   #55
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Last driver I ever cheered and supported in F1, fantastic talent. Looking forward to seeing him on circuit again.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2982604)   #56
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This'll be one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Sure there will be battles across the classes especially in P1 and GT-E but seeing Mika racing in sportscars is a wonderful thing.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2983119)   #57
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either the Chinese are confused or they are trying to scam the public into buying tickets!

http://twitpic.com/7c0wu0
Old 8 Nov 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2983136)   #58
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Either the Chinese are confused or they are trying to scam the public into buying tickets!

http://twitpic.com/7c0wu0
Maybe the chinese have no idea what sportscar racing is...still!
Old 8 Nov 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2983172)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Maybe the chinese have no idea what sportscar racing is...still!
I would at least hope the promoters making the signs do!
Old 8 Nov 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2983180)   #60
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
To true!
Old 8 Nov 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2983237)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I right in thinking we are only really 8 or so hours away from the test day?
Old 8 Nov 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2983250)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not sure on the test day schedule, but the first free practice isn't until Friday.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2983311)   #63
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Quote:
Not sure on the test day schedule, but the first free practice isn't until Friday.
According to the official schedule, two private test sessions are planned for today (wednesday), the first one begining in less than three hours.

I guess we won't have timing or RLM. Hopefully there will be some report on EI...
Old 8 Nov 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2983335)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
These will be the sessions where the Pugs try out their new updates to see what they will carry through to the race. According to their press release anyway.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2983344)   #65
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 6 hours of coverage for Zhuhai on Eurosport Australia (Foxtel) starting at 1400 EDST.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2983351)   #66
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, they should have at least picked one of those F1 cars that had a Big Honkin' Fin. Maybe then they could have used the excuse that they were just using a rendering of a 2012 spec LMP!

But, anyway, that is hardly the most embarrassing sign mistake that I have read about. Did anyone read about Pakistan's interpretation of the Czech Republic's flag? I'm not sure if the Czech prime minister was amused, but maybe Tomas Enge would have liked it!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2983410)   #67
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost all the cars are on track today, but the circuit is quite wet. Rain is predicted for today and tomorrow, but fortunately expected to improve from Friday onwards.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2983421)   #68
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland

The 007 Lola Aston Martin had an off and damaged its rear. But there seems to be no structural damage. They should be able to fix it.

Last edited by Asa; 9 Nov 2011 at 06:32.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2983493)   #69
AGD
Veteran

Here are some times from the wet test session.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2983505)   #70
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Don't look so sad, Asa. The sun will come out tomorrow. Something you want to talk about?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2983536)   #71
AGD
Veteran

Session two test times.

It's interesting that the Rebellion car was faster than the #8 Peugeot, but I guess it's hard to make anything of that so early in the week.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2983590)   #72
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Don't look so sad, Asa. The sun will come out tomorrow. Something you want to talk about?
Weather forecast is for the sun to come out on Friday when free practice begins and the sun will stay on Sunday. I am not sad at all and I don't understand where you got that impression from. Maybe Juntos you should start qualifying your statements with something more solid than nonsense.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2983742)   #73
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like the #56 Bimmer was among those caught out by the conditions:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=896&np=0
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2983751)   #74
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the "official car" POS they are using to pull out those multi million dollar prototypes - quite the professional looking track support team they have there.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2983752)   #75
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eh, it just reminds me of those ancient Jeep Cherokees the Nurburgring still uses. It is hardly unique to China!