Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3331726)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most people don't hate Schumacher.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3331740)   #27
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Which driver that is not currently under contract would you choose to get the job done Davyboy?
If it were up to me personally I'd choose Adam Carroll !
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3331741)   #28
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I can't believe that this is getting so much coverage evenu though it was never going to happen.

Schumacher's rep is still clearlt vefy strong!
When he unretired F1 viewing figures in Germany doubled !
Old 15 Nov 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3331764)   #29
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Won't be long before the name mick Schumacher is in f1 anyway he is doing well in karting under his mothers maiden name hopefully along with Hugo hakkinen too that would be great if they became rivals like their dads
Old 15 Nov 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3331769)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I can't believe that this is getting so much coverage evenu though it was never going to happen.

Schumacher's rep is still clearlt vefy strong!
either that or Schumacher's rep(resentation) really knows how to work a story.

love him or hate him though, if he came back i imagine viewing figures would go up every where and not just in Germany. Haters would get their chance to say how much he sucks and the lovers would get one more day of summer. win win.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3331808)   #31
davyboy
Veteran

I really feel Bernie was behind this in some way. The method in all the madness is that F1 TV viewing figures are declining and this year is likely to be the same. Shoving Schumacher back on our screens again may just create enough of an inflexion to make things look a little better than they actually are. It's a pathetic way to do it... but it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3331877)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I'd have put TGF in the car for the last couple of races if I had the choice. He's more likely to hit the ground running than most who haven't driven an F1 car much over the last year. It would give the opportunity for people in the team to work with him, if only briefly.

It was never on, but if we're talking about the theoretical.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3331887)   #33
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two races in a car he's never driven with no testing when he's been retired for almost a year with no notice unpaid? I wonder what made Lotus think he'd say yes.

I feel bad for Valsecchi, that's probably his one F1 chance gone. But two races from the end of the season and he's not been in the car a whole lot himself, it probably wouldn't have gone well anyway.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3331911)   #34
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think replacing one Finn with another Finn was a good decision. And through 2nd practice Kovalainen is showing up Grosjean. Impressive for his first outing to be just behind Red Bull and Mercedes.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3331924)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post
if the season wasnt already finished then I wouldnt care if he came back or not as id be too interested in the title fight going on in the last 2 races but as theres nothing left to look forward to he would really make it worth watching

HATERS!! if senna was alive and in his 50's and 10 seconds off the pace you would all still want him to comeback you just all hate SCHUMI!!!!

Give me strength........
Old 15 Nov 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3331978)   #36
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It would have been ludicrous. Might as well not bother having any young drivers trying to come through if the old boys are going to be invited back, again, and again.......
I've got no hang up about F1 drivers being in their 40's. Plenty in the old days were.

And I don't care about young drivers in the sense that they shouldn't have it handed to them or given to them just because they are "young drivers". They have to earn it the hard way just like Schumacher did. Schumacher was a very hard working driver from his times with Mercedes in sports cars and he just as easy could have been a has been flunky with some talent that bumbled around the scene but never really made it. He worked his butt off and earned his success and others will have to do so as well.

I wouldn't have any problem with Schumacher coming back for a few races, but this situation wasn't ideal. No testing and a team under financial strain.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3332006)   #37
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I've got no hang up about F1 drivers being in their 40's. Plenty in the old days were.

And I don't care about young drivers in the sense that they shouldn't have it handed to them or given to them just because they are "young drivers". They have to earn it the hard way just like Schumacher did. Schumacher was a very hard working driver from his times with Mercedes in sports cars and he just as easy could have been a has been flunky with some talent that bumbled around the scene but never really made it. He worked his butt off and earned his success and others will have to do so as well.

I wouldn't have any problem with Schumacher coming back for a few races, but this situation wasn't ideal. No testing and a team under financial strain.
Yup, great post!
Old 16 Nov 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3332065)   #38
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard Lopez talked about a list of 7 drivers to replace Kimi which apparently included Michael, Kovy, Valsecchi, Hulkenberg, Maldonado, Kobayashi and Barrichello. I'm surprised Glock wasn't approached. And wasn't Bruno Senna rumoured? And of course an utter travesty that they didn't go near Heidfeld
Old 16 Nov 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3332134)   #39
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Some left-field options on that short list. I might have gone for Kobayashi.