Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3747554)   #16
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed to watch the race, the track isnīt bad, thatīs for sure! However, the lack of atmosphere is typical for Baku. I was there in may this year and almost everything in the city-centre is artificial. I doubt if there will ever be a kind of atmosphere. The facades are perfectly renovated, everything is clean and reminds you of other cities in Europe. Itīs kind of soulless. Thatīs not bad, but it doesnīt fit when you consider that most people in Azerbaijan are still very, very poor (one of the reasons why there arenīt many spectators). I talked to some people and they didnīt care about F1 and/or arenīt able to afford the prices.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3747557)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I agree, no matter how good the race, the lack of spectators are telling. That's something Liberty need to keep in mind with regards to which races go on the calendar
Old 28 Jun 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3747578)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree, no matter how good the race, the lack of spectators are telling. That's something Liberty need to keep in mind with regards to which races go on the calendar
Yep, I would think they would like many more like that. Fewer spectators keeps the costs down - especially for security needs.

Mind you, did someone mention Maria Carey?

That would eliminate the cost savings.

Sounds like the sort of place they should earmark for the first all electric F1 GP. Seek out a race strategy for recharging the batteries during one of the red flag periods .... having a 3 car team might be useful for that purpose.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3747681)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I spotted Mariah Carey. At first I thought it was the Michelin Man.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3747745)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Liberty have been mentioning getting more places where the spectators are and putting on good event for them too, so hopefully lessons are learned from Baku
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3747753)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe that the manufacturers of baby carriages have been delighted with the coverage.

By the way who is Mariah Carey is she Chase's wife?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3747756)   #22
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shows yet again what happens when these prima donnas race at a track with no run off - they hit each other or the walls!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3747808)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
By the way who is Mariah Carey is she Chase's wife?
brilliant!