Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

MOTORS CUP, CIRCUIT BUGATTI LE MANS
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

16 Oct 2020 to 18 Oct 2020 07:30 to 19:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

French HVM meeting, but includes a visit by the CSCC.

Old 29 Jan 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3954389)   #16
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, if this can give you some more motivation, this is from our Salooncar grid at Charade this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNoXy8PUafc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaciANbmffQ
Hope you're much impressed! Yes its from a Seven and yes the white car is a 996 Cup…
Old 2 Feb 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3955314)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know what the entry fees are going to be for this meeting for CSCC yet - I'd like to do it just for the experience, but the pension only stretches so far

A mate of mine who is defecting from the BMW Compact Cup to come race his Alfa Romeo Junior Z in the Swinging Sixties is really keen to do Le Mans, though, so I'll probably have to come along if only to support him
Old 2 Feb 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3955319)   #18
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know what the entry fees are going to be for this meeting for CSCC yet - I'd like to do it just for the experience, but the pension only stretches so far

A mate of mine who is defecting from the BMW Compact Cup to come race his Alfa Romeo Junior Z in the Swinging Sixties is really keen to do Le Mans, though, so I'll probably have to come along if only to support him
I do like a Zagato Junior - i look forward to seeing that race.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3955325)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
I like this car too. Is it a 1300 or a 1600, the bodies are slightly different if I remember well. I think we had only the small displacement imported here and in only few were seen on the road.
Strange enough a 26R owner well known by Mike has a 1600…
Old 3 Feb 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3955520)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Running it as a 1300 Junior Z, I believe. He's still working on completing it - keeps dropping hints about me going to sort the wiring

Pics of it a few monthjs ago:
Attached Thumbnails
JuniorZ rear.jpg   Juniorz front.jpg  
Old 5 Feb 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3955994)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Just checked with Asavé boss, some places still available for Brits chaps, race is one hour but I find the entry fee sky high… Depending on what will be the GBP/€ rate at this time.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 06:25 (Ref:3961412)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
If you accept a "just for fun" invitation, may be we can do something but it will probably be with a Mazda. Lets try to adjust our schedules and why not a tenths team? Not many, only the best!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3966839)   #23
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard

here I am - all 1.76m of me....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 04:52 (Ref:3966873)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Ha, voilà qui me fait grand plaisir! No worry its an invitation meaning if you're on the circuit just join.
Not realistic to think about bringing the Capri and the Mazda. Had a look to lap times, a 130 hp MX on road Avons at 45€ each is as fast as a good french MG B on race tires.
Wont be hard to have 145 hp just adjusting the intake. If you have any suggestion, please do!
Suspensions, brakes, lsd, gearbox are really good, only the engine is a pain.
Designed for a motorcycle and restricted, I'd say few power and almost no torque. In principle very reliable at this stage of tune.

Depending on the situation at this moment - probably they will need entries - we could have the choice either two short races or one one hour.

Have to do something with the seat, 1,91 m for me…

There will be a tomorrow. Historic racing will survive. Soyons fous, faisons des projets d'avenir!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3966886)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
David just hope it will be a cold and rainy weekend. The chassis is really well balanced. By the way, hope you accept some toe-in at front… May be we can adjust the lsd too its a Kaaz…
Old 27 Mar 2020, 08:31 (Ref:3967148)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
One more precision… in a french car, what you find on your left hand is not the gear stick, its the door handle!
Anyone in touch with the owner of a heavily modified blue Capri posting here a while ago and working at Heathrow? He could join the happy pack of Salooncars, our version of Modsports. Many others too.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3967212)   #27
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Ha, left hand drive is good for me, my motorhome is LHD and I've done 50k miles in 5 years in it. Also raced a LHD FIA Anglia at Mallory Park a few years ago, made the impolite mistake of being quicker than the owner, most embarassing!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3967216)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Have to do something with the seat, 1,91 m for me…

There will be a tomorrow. Historic racing will survive. Soyons fous, faisons des projets d'avenir!

A good height, 1.9 for me
Old 27 Mar 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3967219)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
The Bugatti is a quite conventional track. May be you'll have to adjust your trajectories to a non single seater, as on usual. In case of rain, two places are really slippery, the "garage vert" a long double right and the "chemin aux boeufs" which is what we call a pif-paf or chicane, meaning a very tight left-right. In spite of a very long climbing straight which is famous, in case of rain a small displacement engined car can surprise the big dogs.
Do you know it already or sim experienced it may be?
I prefer RHD cars but with the gearstick on the right…
Old 27 Mar 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3967220)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A good height, 1.9 for me
Hey Joe, you're what we call a big sausage!