Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 17 Dec 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3947102)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2019 - Round 21 of 21 - Results

Congratulations to smellysocks on winning the 2019 Predictions Contest with a commanding victory in the final round in Abu Dhabi and for becoming champion for the second time in a row.

He finishes with an 83-point advantage and joins wolfhound on 5 Grand Prix wins this season.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Results

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Leclerc
4. Bottas
5. Vettel
6. Albon
7. Pérez
8. Norris
9. Kvyat
10. Sainz

Qualifying:
1. Hamilton
2. Bottas
3. Verstappen

Fastest lap: Hamilton
Fastest pit stop: Red Bull
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Hülkenberg
Driver of the Grand Prix: Hamilton
Team of the Grand Prix: Mercedes
Rate the Grand Prix: 6

Analysis

After the madness of Interlagos, it was a much more predictable round, with generally high scores.

Everyone but crmalcolm predicted 8 or 9 of the top 10 finishers. These included 19 correctly predicted positions from the 7 entrants, 5 of which were for the race winner and 4 of which were smellysocks's (Hamilton in 1st, Pérez in 7th, Kvyat in 9th and Sainz in 10th).

Round runner-up Born Racer Fan and third-placed wolfhound, however, managed to get one more accurately predicted driver each, including the podium for Born Racer Fan.

smellysocks also took a clean sweep of the Ten-Tenths poll predictions, the fastest pit stop and the dry weather.

crmalcolm predicted the top 2 on the grid, Born Racer Fan the pole-sitter and me the top 3.

4 correctly predicted the poll score for the Grand Prix of 6, with the same number predicting Mercedes to win Team of the Grand Prix.

While it was a pity to see Hülkenberg leave the sport, at least for now, his vote for Driver of the Day was more to honour him rather than for his performance, and it is unsurprising that nobody predicted that (the graphics during the race coverage showed that Kubica was also in the running for that).

The only one of the top 10 finishers not predicted was Norris.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. smellysocks 113
2. Born Racer Fan 109
3. wolfhound 102
4. Born Racer 96
5. gert 90
6. Notso Swift 88
7. crmalcolm 58

Number of wins this season

wolfhound 5
smellysocks 5

Born Racer 3
gert 3

Notso Swift 2

ApexTurtle 1
Born Racer Fan 1
crmalcolm 1

Winners by race

Australia: smellysocks
Bahrain: ApexTurtle
China: smellysocks
Azerbaijan: smellysocks
Spain: wolfhound
Monaco: Born Racer Fan
Canada: crmalcolm
France: Born Racer
Austria: Born Racer
Britain: wolfhound
Germany: Notso Swift
Hungary: Born Racer
Belgium: wolfhound
Italy: wolfhound
Singapore: smellysocks
Russia: gert
Japan: gert
Mexico: Notso Swift
United States: gert
Brazil: wolfhound
Abu Dhabi: smellysocks

Final championship standings after Round 21 of 21

1. smellysocks 1689
2. Born Racer 1606
3. wolfhound 1595
4. Born Racer Fan 1580
5. Notso Swift 1460
6. crmalcolm 1333
7. gert 1211
8. ApexTurtle 457
9. wallslammer 286
10. TrapezeArtist 65

Join us in 2020 for another exciting season. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3947151)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many Thanks for putting this together.

What did my experiment reveal? Either:
a - sticking to your selection, and having faith in them achieving results does not work
b - the choice of who to have faith in was misdirected

I already have a plan for next season - all will be revealed.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3947242)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Thanks for running this

After a sluggish start, I managed to get the 3rd highest amount of victories.
Not too bad, especially since I didn't participate in every round.

Congrats to the winner!
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3947245)   #4
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Born Racer

Thanks very much for all your hard work and well done to Smellysocks it was very good run through the season .
Old 19 Dec 2019, 00:30 (Ref:3947433)   #5
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woo hooo! 2x World Champion! And winning in style, standing on the top step in Abu Dhabi. The fire works were beautiful.

A total of 15 podiums, including 5 wins, and leading the championship table from the first race to the last.

To my team, thanks for the support but be aware that I am looking for a new and much improved contract for next season and a real Ferrari road car not the scooter I got for winning last year.

And special thanks to Born Racer for running the series and finishing a strong second place. One mistake on my part leading to a DNF and the championship would have been his.

See you all next year!

Last edited by smellysocks; 19 Dec 2019 at 00:56.