Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 7 Jun 2004, 11:27 (Ref:996035)   #1
howard
Rookie

howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results - second F4 race at Cadwell Park?

Did anyone pick up the results for the second Cadwell Park 750MC F4 race? I had to leave before the results where out.

Howard
Old 7 Jun 2004, 12:18 (Ref:996092)   #2
G Halls
Rookie

G Halls should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes
Race 14
1st Adrian Kidd
2nd Chris Lewis
3rd John Roberts
4th Erwin Smiech
5th Nigel Edwards
6th damon bland
7th John Moore
8th Charles adrian
9th Howard middleton
10th Gavin Halls
11th Steve Devlin
12th Malcom Scott
13th Peter Allen
14th Kevin Gerety
15th David Healey
16th Cliff Murphy

Not classified Barry Pritchard

Exclusions; Lee Atkins

F/L
Class
A Adrian Kidd 101.96
B Charles Adrian 104.62
I Nigel Edwards 103.82
E Howard Middleton 106.40

Race stopped at 7m 48 seconds
And in my opinion that was wrong and it should have been restarted!! we pay a healthy entry fee and yet never seem to get a full race distance They where running Half an hour early so it wouldnt have upset the schedule????
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:13 (Ref:996153)   #3
howard
Rookie

Thanks Gavin, shame to stop the race. I agree it could have been restarted without affecting the day’s schedule. Anyway can't wait for Brands.

Howard
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:34 (Ref:996263)   #4
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for that Gavin. It would have been nice to have had a full race distance on the second race but overall it was a great weekend - good weather, good company and no damage...
Bring on Brands Hatch.
Is anyone testing there on the Friday ? Has it changed very much as the last time I raced there was about 1989.

Kickstart
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:36 (Ref:996264)   #5
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it seems wrong to give you only just over half your time but the clerks have to abode by the blue book and have no option but to declare the result after 50% (J.5.4.4) To make it fairer the rules will neeed to change at the highest level.
Also - nearer the end of the season, if someone would have won the race (and poss the championship) at the 51% stop but on restart failed, they would probably insist the restart was illegal in the rules.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:38 (Ref:996269)   #6
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Sorry finger slipped. That should say abide. Didn't mean to suggest that clerks live in the blue book.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 15:57 (Ref:996324)   #7
G Halls
Rookie

I Agree with the rule but it was only 18 seconds over half way thats sticking to the rule book a bit too much is it not? It just grieves me that we chose the championship because it was competivly priced and the costs would allow me to compete within a budget that we used for kart racing, yet we seem to get less track time than the hard earned cash is paying for, I like the club and the racing is clean and fun , but just cant get used to this red flag appearing every race!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:05 (Ref:996338)   #8
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come and play in mono I did and will only race in 750 now when I feel like getting bad value for money ie short race,s and qualifiying sessions and a rude man at the top like Robbin to be off with me on my weekends off.Mono is all you need and good fun
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:17 (Ref:996348)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably if results were declared 18s after the 50% mark then most of the next lap had also been completed, even if it didn't count.

And Comtec Renault - you're reasonably close to the line there.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:27 (Ref:996617)   #10
Comtec Renault
Racer

Yes, Ian but the line is always 10 laps in not when they feel like it in the 750 Championship. I have had my lot with them as all they do is change things as they wish including the rule,s, I spoke with 4 drivers who were at Croft on Sunday and they all feel the same, the single seaters are not what the 750 club want? because if they do then they are doing a Mega job at driving teams and drivers away!!!!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:38 (Ref:996635)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That actually raises a valid point: do we need both Mono and F4 or should they effectively be amalgamated?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:49 (Ref:996645)   #12
dr death
Rookie

dr death should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750mc should take a look at themselves. People want to race and officals rush to cover themselves via the blue book instead of thinking of all the drivers who foot the bills. Earlier this year 750mc had to cancel the Donington race due to bad weather ( I realise this was out of their control) but no money was returned and a race was run instead at Snett which I was unable to attend. I asked for a half price entry for an event later in the year and the club did not even have the decency to reply to my email. 750mc get some new people incharge or you are going under. Anyone who drive a Zetec come to Mono 1800, great meetings, great people and plenty of track time AND RESPECT for the money and time you put in.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:36 (Ref:996679)   #13
G Halls
Rookie

Earlier this year 750mc had to cancel the Donington race due to bad weather ( I realise this was out of their control) but no money was returned and a race was run instead at Snett

It was a double header that was cancelled and all we got was one race re run, no refund, no apology, just a very stern and rude conversation with robin when i enquired what was the procedure for re runs or refunds due to bad weather, This i felt was a bit different to the friendly club i thought i had joined .
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:26 (Ref:996734)   #14
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To quote the old saying "rules (such as J.5.4.4) are made for the guidance of wisemen but the blind obedience of fools".
The thing that has upset me this season is when a competitor at the second Donington meeting had a tyre blister on the outlap from the assembly area and so he dived into the pits/paddock to get the tyre changed but was not allowed start even at the rear because of some rule or other.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 07:44 (Ref:996957)   #15
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dr death
I asked for a half price entry for an event later in the year and the club did not even have the decency to reply to my email.
True to form for 750MC.
Quote:

Anyone who drive a Zetec come to Mono 1800, great meetings, great people and plenty of track time AND RESPECT for the money and time you put in.
About time you had some more competition!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 16:57 (Ref:997521)   #16
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Quote:
Originally posted by kickstart
To quote the old saying "rules (such as J.5.4.4) are made for the guidance of wisemen but the blind obedience of fools".
I have seen many occasions when Clerks has stretched rules to get the best for the competitors. Unfortunately some rules (such as J.5.4.4) are absolute in their wording and doing something different would be asking for MSA to overturn and, if it happened too many times, the Clerk may lose his/her license. That would suit nobody.
Next time you are stopped for speeding just quote the saying above and see where it gets you!

To be positive, Nat A and International competitors get restart if less that 75% complete. Do we know why they need better value for money? If not how about asking for a change. How do we do that? Am I in trouble for commenting here?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:06 (Ref:997535)   #17
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Quote:
Originally posted by G Halls
Earlier this year 750mc had to cancel the Donington race due to bad weather ( I realise this was out of their control) but no money was returned and a race was run instead at Snett

The money paid by competitors goes in Circuit hire + Timekeepers fees/ Scruts etc. To keep entry fees low there is not going to be a lot of give in that. So to avoid a massive loss, you can only expect a cut of the savings if circuit refunds us for not being able to use circuit and timekeepers etc follow suit.
Yes youve guessed it, I'm dreaming.

The only sensible way is to try and fit lost races in at other meetings and it won't be perfect. Sorry!!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:31 (Ref:997566)   #18
dr death
Rookie

regarding money returned we are not after 750mc always returning money or even re running races, just a bit of courtesy with replys to emails. Don't think this is asking to much. As regard to the circuits not returning monies why do clubs or circuits not insure against this type of event. In my business if weather effects forth coming events then a compromise is settled on. The club hires the track it is their job to help the competitor get value for money. The seem not to give a toss about their customers.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 20:17 (Ref:997730)   #19
Comtec Renault
Racer

Funny it all seems like Robin Knight is the one who should be on this site He may get the shock he and the 750 club need!!!! you all seem to feel the same way I do. Its just not good enough is it 750 Club. let put the F4,s with the Mono,s its what they need and you get Mega rac,s run by top clubs who respect the paying drivers and go out of there way to make sure you have a good time, the race at Croft last Sat/Sun was run by the Darlington car club and it was one of the best run meeting I have been at for years, also happy and they could not do enough for us Maximum Respect to all in that club....ps I also had a dead reply after 750 Don?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 22:34 (Ref:997872)   #20
G Halls
Rookie

As regard to the circuits not returning monies why do clubs or circuits not insure against this type of event. In my business if weather effects forth coming events then a compromise is settled on. ]

I Work for a horse racing track and the weather often leads to cancellations at short notice,
Earlier this year the racing was cancelled 10 minutes before the first race due to frost , everyone was paid in full as the track had insurance to cover it, The races where then re run on the next available date no one was i spoke to was too upset, The course where happy and it was just put down to being one of those things
Obviously Race horse trainers mean more to the jockey club than the Average club competitor means to the M,S,A
And although our registration fee,s pay the wages of Robin and Co it doesnt seem to enhance the manner in which our problems and question are anwsered, Ie in a polite and friendly manner!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:998153)   #21
howard
Rookie

Would it be practical to run a 'Safety Car' at club events? This process would keep the race running while any incident is dealt with. Drivers will lose racing laps and it is likely some races will finish under the Safety Car, but it avoids the need to from a grid & restart, keeping the overall schedule on track. Plus it groups the cars together again adding to the spectacle.
Ideally the clock could be stopped while under the Safety Car, and restarted when the race restarts. Therefore you'll get 15 minutes of racing with a short yellow car period.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:15 (Ref:998353)   #22
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by howard

Ideally the clock could be stopped while under the Safety Car, and restarted when the race restarts. Therefore you'll get 15 minutes of racing with a short yellow car period.
Not a bad idea Howard but people would run out of fuel or be disqualified for not having 3 litres left at the end.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:10 (Ref:998543)   #23
dr death
Rookie

This was tried last year with quater flags but for some reason some drives could not get the gist of catching the leader then all slowing down.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1000948)   #24
Orinoco
Rookie

Orinoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who drive a Zetec come to Mono 1800, great meetings, great people and plenty of track time AND RESPECT for the money and time you put in.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1003976)   #25
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Orinoco - Mono 1800 is the way ahead for anyone with a FF Zetec, FF 2000 or F Vauxhall Junior. There is always great camaraderie and the club is well run. There is usually good competition throughout the grid, too. The more people that sign up for Mono 1800, the better.