Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 14 Jun 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1004016)   #26
G Halls
Rookie

G Halls should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How big is the grid?
do you run on your own in races or in classes as in formula 4?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1004109)   #27
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking as someone who races in both Mono and F4, it seems to me that this season F4 has got a better calendar excepting Spa. It is a shame that given how well supported Mono is that it cannot get better circuits eg Brands GP, Donington in prime season, Oulton Park international, thruxton etc.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 06:38 (Ref:1004295)   #28
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree ,if the Mono club had the clout the 750 club have then they would have better tracks,its a shame the 750 club do not seem to care about the F4,s as they have the better calender.I hope the Mono club work hard at getting some bigger venues like Oulton full or Brands GP I know they want to go to Thruxton.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 08:05 (Ref:1007621)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G Halls

The Mono club run 2 races at most meetings. One for the Mono 2000 class and one for Mono 1600 and Mono 1200 (motorbike engined cars) classes.

The Mono 1800 class usually has between 6-10 runners and will run either with the Mono 2000's or the Mono 1600/1200s depending on the total grid sizes. Mono will always try to run 2 equal(ish) size grids. What this means is that the Mono 1800 runners will always have some one to race against - either the slower 2000 cars or the 1600's. RACING is very apparent throughout the grid and there is a great deal of camaraderie.

Average class sizes are: 2000 - 20 to 25, 1800 - 6 to 10, 1600 - 10 - 15, 1200 - 12 to 16.

Mono has an aspiration to run a third grid at the meetings it attends with the likely split being Mono 2000, Mono 1800/1600 and Mono 1200. The more F4 runners that come across to Mono then the more likely it is that this will happen. Remember that Jonathon Lewis has succesfully proven that an F4 car can run in Mono 2000 and F4 with an 1800 Zetec engine and different carbs (I'm sure he will fill anyone interested in with the tech details); F Renaults can run in Mono 2000; FF2000 and FFZetec cars can run in Mono 1800; the motorbike engine cars can run in Mono 1200 and F Renault 1700's can run in Mono 1600. As far as I am aware the only F4 engine that cannot run in Mono is the modified CVH (although I am not an expert).

The message is clear, if the F4 runners are unhappy with the way the 750MC treats them, as they seem to be, then there is an alternative - MONOPOSTO. Come on in folks, the water is fine!!! The Mono club is THE place to be for club level single seater drivers.

PS I have no particular axe to grind about the 750MC or F4 except that I have not had an answer from the 750MC to any of my e-mails (about 4) asking if I can run my FVJ in the F4 guest class. I also admit to being biased in favour of the Mono 1800 class as I think that this is the best value for money class in UK club single seater racing and, at the moment, under supported.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1007650)   #30
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At a risk of appearing to stick up for the 750Mc their calendar, this and most, years is better and why are their entry fees so much less than Mono/BRSCC??

Ie. Mallory £125 vs £165.
Double Header £185 vs £275.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1007852)   #31
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
Unless you are going for a championship why not do the rounds you fancy from both championships ?
Old 19 Jun 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1008688)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

You are right, the numbers don't lie. I guess you pays your money and takes your choice. I was just trying to point out that there is a very good alternative if people are not happy.

I would pick and mix from both the Mono and F4 calendars if I could but unfortunately the 750MC have not replied to my (several) requests to be allowed to run an FVJ in the guest class, even though I would be delighted to write them a cheque and become a member. Perhaps I should have bought a FF Zetec but at the time these were still a fair bit more expensive than the FVJ, the FF Zetec class of F4 was in its infancy (& struggling in races of its own) and as a novice I was not as aware as I perhaps should have been of the intricacies of the different championships.

I don't regret buying the FVJ and racing with Monoposto - far from it, I just wish that the 750MC would allow me to run it in F4 as well. I am confident that several other FVJ drivers feel the same. If anybody has any influence with the 750 F4 committee then please push the cause for FVJs to race either in the same class as the FF Zetecs or in the guest class!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1008777)   #33
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Formula 4 drivers rep is David Healey, he can be contacted on 01905 350761. I am sure he would be able to twist Robin Knights arm to allow FVJ in, or contact Keith Messer ( a club director, very nice guy and supportive of the F4 championship!) tel.01256 326398
Old 20 Jun 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1009746)   #34
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Barry

Many thanks for the info, I will give them a call.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:46 (Ref:1010247)   #35
Comtec Renault
Racer

ref the cost, if you add up how long you get on track with the 750 v Mono club its about 16/8 in the Mono club mind you you could go to the BAS roud of the Grasstrack championship last week 700 yes 700 car turned up and so they all got about 3 lap heats, so 750 8 lappers are not the end of the world but its time they listened to the drivers .
Old 30 Aug 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1081307)   #36
G Halls
Rookie

Silverstone yesterday and the 15minute race is red flagged at 7mins.18 secs due to a three car accident. The club were running early in the schedule again and had time to restart but instead called it at that what on earth is going on 750?
The biggest grid of F4 all year and you fail yet again to give us the track time we have paid for!

7 mins 18secs is not half of 15 minutes or did you find another rule in the blue book to abide by this time!
18 seconds over half way we lived with but 12 secs under is pushing the boundry

After this season is finished i will be looking elsewhere to race as i have dont have the time for this championship anymore.
And i am sure there are a few other of the 30 drivers from yesterday who feel the same .
Old 30 Aug 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1081692)   #37
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sorry the race was disappointing from a value-for-money point of view. I was in race control and there was similar concern there, but I might be able to help with some facts:
Blue Book rule J.5.4.4 seems to pull the plug at half distance (75% for Nat A) unless the regs are submitted differently. I know the club is actively persuing options to allow us to do it differently next year on occasions when time is available. I beleive this was explained at Brands meeting after the Cadwell problems at the drivers briefing but that will not have helped those who could not make the Brands event.

The race at Silverstone was red flagged after 8 minutes +, (e.g over half way). The results, however, are counted back the the lap before the last time the leader passed the finish so the results will show 7 min 18 sec.

I hope you will talk to someone at the club about the proposed changes before you abandon us as I belive it will be much better next year.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1081802)   #38
Comtec Renault
Racer

Same old 750 ******** yet again . we said at Siverstone that we are off to Mono next year with 3 Van Diemen F4 cars and so are one of the front running Mygals so thats 4 cars so far, not bad for a club run for the compettiters ? I call for Robin Knight to stand down and a vote of no Confidence in the cub officials all they want is our MONEY, today at Castle Combe with the super Monoposto Club no **** a nice day and full grids with max time on track for less Money and better value yet again!!! why do we stand for it.........750= bad value and bad managment
Old 30 Aug 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1081823)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter Harding's explanation of the blue book rules is quite correct. I have to say CR's oft repeated complaints, while having some justification, don't seem to be widely held - looking at the grids over the weekend the club has to be doing quite a lot right.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1081923)   #40
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
It was very frustrating for the second time this season for the race to be red flagged at just over the 1/2 way point. Hopefully the rules can be changed in some way to stop this. But given that this is an MSA rule presumably it would apply in Mono as well if one of these races was red flagged just over the 1/2 way point.
I understand that Lee (Mygale) is off to bigger and better things next season and his going does not have anything to do with the recent shortened races.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:09 (Ref:1082282)   #41
Comtec Renault
Racer

Lee,s dad told me yes they are going away from F4 but one of the main things is the way its being run,Also if we did have a red in Mono they would come and tell us what we would get to replace it ! not well tuff titty boys and Girls we can add the warm up lap and race together and give you 8 mins so thats half distance. It stinks as with the ever changing rules, just ask John Garding with his Speeds, they are not told how can we help you, They get the rules changed by the week, at Brands last year some **** made all the speeds remove the lower main plane of the rear wing, who has the tecnical know how too know what that would do to the cars stabillity and SAFETY, because the man moving and making the rules in the 750 club has not. And thats one case I have been told 3 rule changes in 3 race,s.????
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1082488)   #42
howard
Rookie

howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too am disappointed to lose half the race, and cannot understand why, at this level of club racing, greater flexibility cannot be used to give drivers better valve for money, and better value for time invested. A 15 minute qualifying and 7 minute race for a whole day spent at the track is poor experience.

I am starting to question the 'fun' element of the 750 events.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1082634)   #43
Comtec Renault
Racer

Thats my point Howard its now a joke, at Combe we had good value for money and no grief
Old 31 Aug 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1082643)   #44
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But if there had been a red flag on the sixth lap, that would have been it - as it was at Silverstone. We've already seen the same decision taken in Combe FF1600 this year, which is why they had 12 laps rather than 10 yesterday.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1082653)   #45
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by andy97
I'm with Orinoco - Mono 1800 is the way ahead for anyone with a FF Zetec, FF 2000 or F Vauxhall Junior. There is always great camaraderie and the club is well run. There is usually good competition throughout the grid, too. The more people that sign up for Mono 1800, the better.

Is it possible to do a one off meeting to have a play? Don't mind not scoring points etc

Or do I need to pay to join clubs and pay championship registration fees etc

Plus my car is 2001 spec

John
Old 31 Aug 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1082675)   #46
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not eligible for Mono currently. Usually have a four year rule, so would expect to be allowed next year.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1083108)   #47
G Halls
Rookie

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Peter Harding
I am sorry the race was disappointing from a value-for-
I hope you will talk to someone at the club about the proposed changes before you abandon us as I belive it will be much better next year.

The day was a dissapiontment full stop.
The championship will only get better when the club wakes up and recognises the effort the competitors put in to get the cars to the meetings and in reward do everything they can to maximise their track time and enjoyment.
When drivers dont even get any recognition in their club magazine it begs the question do the club really care?
Why not put a full results listing in or even a simple race report? list the class results at least !!
Even a simple walk down the pits and chat with the drivers would diffuse any ill feeling after situations like Silverstone/Cadwell, instead of leaving drivers and teams and even marshalls wondering just what was going on !!

I can hear the clubs cries already "to much expense too little time "
well 7 laps for £150 is all i have to say back
Old 31 Aug 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1083177)   #48
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Comtec Renault
we can add the warm up lap and race together and give you 8 mins so thats half distance.
That wasn't what I posted and I am sure you know it.

My post was merely trying to state the facts and, hopefully, let people know that it is having action taken. Hopefully this will benefit all 750 series.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1083197)   #49
Comtec Renault
Racer

here here G Halls, spot on, we give up our weekends of to race the F4 cars and we do it for fun, well remove the fun put in bad feelings and a waste of time and you have a 750 F4 race.I spent all my free time in the winter biulding a Mygall for my boss for his 50th birthday, I even tested it with Puddy to make it safe for him , well with all the **** we have had,we will never race it with the 750 club .We will sell it or just keep it for another year and use it in Mono.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 10:03 (Ref:1083616)   #50
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetecNo9
Is it possible to do a one off meeting to have a play? Don't mind not scoring points etc

Or do I need to pay to join clubs and pay championship registration fees etc

Plus my car is 2001 spec

John
John

E-mail Mary Cox, the monoposto membership secretary, at mary@monorc.fsnet.co.uk to ask about attending a "one off" meeting as a guest. I have no idea whether the club allows for "temporary" membership but I hope that it does. In my first races with the club - the 2002 Brands Winter Series - I paid a reduced membership fee and registration of £35, perhaps Mono can be persuaded to do something similar for a double header meeting. Mono has a double header at Snetterton on 25/26 Sept and another double header at Donington on 23/24 Oct.

As for the eligibility of a 2001 car, I am sure that Year 2000 is the cut off at the moment but this is usually adjusted on a rolling basis ie 2001 cars will be eligible next year. Once again, talk to Mary as there is probably a plan to run a "winter series" again and, given the apparent dissatisfaction with F4 at the moment, it would be a good time for Mono to be flexible and open up a guest class for cars complying with the spirit of the regs but not the actuality ie for cars such as a 2001 Zetec!