Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1072991)   #1
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this forum over moderated?

ive just noticed the "good luck steve roberts" thread has been locked, which to me is stupid, jeez we are just wishing him luck, so what if there is a thread in the national single seaters, the thread was aimed solely at steve roberts, not a general "oooh look at all them ickle BMW cars going around brands hatch, wonder which is the quickest" thread

theres good moderation and theres picky, pathetic over moderation of a board which detracts from its content and alienates its users and....
badumtssssshhh

i think youve just done the above
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1073004)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GolddustMini, and everyone else.

TenTenths is currently facing issues with where the site is hosted which means that very soon we might not have a forum at all. Duplicate threads don't help this matter, which is why at the moment I'm being particularly careful. Because we all want the forum to continue.

So, please accept and play by the TT rules, for the good of everyone. I as much as everyone wish Steve luck, but the place to do that is not here. If you wish to start another thread in NISS you may feel free, because that is where FBMW talk belongs.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1073037)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
we've got a thread in national & international which is where the series is normally discussed. say it in there, i'm sure someone will be kind enough to send steve over when he's back to see that you all were wishing him best wishes. the rules are there to make your lives easier, not to hinder your forum.

golddustmini, seriously, how old are you? you are? now would be a great time to act it.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1073043)   #4
GolddustMini
Veteran

well i think it does hinder the forum, but thats just me!

cheers to ian for a very good informative reply and personal message, and erm no thanks to balla for that pointless response
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1073044)   #5
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz would make a good moderator for the clubies as he understands what we are all about.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:59 (Ref:1073048)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quick point - after consultation with my fellow mod who is happy to have the Steve Roberts good luck thread on here forum, it can now be found on National and International Single Seaters.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1073049)   #7
GolddustMini
Veteran

/\ i couldnt agree more

he knows the audeince, he knows about the audience

i still think that the thread was about a local driver, from a local series, albeit driving in a higher formula, why post a thread about him elsewhere were it would become lost amongst "more important" issues rather than posting it here, where it will actually be observed and replied to in a correct manner, by the target audience...
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1073051)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can i borrow the soap box for a second?

erm, ian knows the audience and the rules (more importantly) as much as anyone. thanks for offering the nomination but we're all happy with the team as it stands. any more questions?
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1073054)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
can i borrow the soap box for a second?......

........any more questions?
bella are you a school teacher by profession?
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1073055)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
no, i'm just a power crazy pyschopath.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1073056)   #11
blue nose
Veteran

I was just trying to improve the service that is offered.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1073078)   #12
blue nose
Veteran

That is to say Diz has so much experiance and he has more petrol flowing through him than ink if you see what I mean he lives and breathes proper motorsport club level in my view he would make a great mod so why not give him the chance to shine.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1073092)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
there's no available post for a moderator at this time. should we decide to take on another moderator, no degree of lobbying by other members will promote any individual's cause in the recruitment process.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1073096)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ian Sowman does more for promoting Club Single Seater racing, for no financial gain, than almost anyone.

He is also an excellent moderator of this forum.

Personal attacks on the man and his moderating do the people who make them a great disservice.

I for one am appalled at some of the nonsense being directed in Ian's direction.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:02 (Ref:1073119)   #15
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think ian does a great job even if he does close down my ******** 0*********5 "for all your *********** ****** needs" thread! shocking

Strange, autocensor didn't pick any of that up...

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 20 Aug 2004 at 20:09.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1073122)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Suggest you all read Ian's first post on this thread again and take note of what he is saying while we still have a forum to post on.

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
no, i'm just a power crazy pyschopath.
Ah, so you are a policewoman then.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1073124)   #17
blue nose
Veteran

The point is moving and changeing posts just because you can does not make a good moderator this is a club scene and any posts should be left as the poster intended it to be seen
I am appalled at you KB for personal attacks on the club scene posters.Try to get a life LOL by the way there has been no mention of Ian Sowman exept by you.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1073126)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
blue nose, would you like a shovel so you can dig yourself deeper?

is your next rant going to be about free speech?
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1073127)   #19
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry for starting a new thread that seems to have caused a few problems....sorry Ian.

I posted it in Club because that is where all his fellow racers in the NWFF race. I know he was racing in a National single seater championship but he is still a clubby at heart

PS Pikey likes a good lamb heart on a BBQ dont ya Pikey!! LOL
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1073128)   #20
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wow Ian your fastyou should get in a single seater!!
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1073131)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Know anyone who could set one up for me Matt?
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1073134)   #22
blue nose
Veteran

Chris someone did eat one of the them he he he .
Bella I will leave the ranting to the mods but speech is free dont you know.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1073146)   #23
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see the packet had one missing.....

Bet there were rank....

I bet it was Jan!!! She would have eatten anything in her state!!!
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1073154)   #24
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got to agree, some threads can dilute the overall content, Ian and Bella are trying to make this place better.

Pikey/gold dust - would you have a go at a marshall because he took too long to sweep the track? These people don;t get paid, they are volunteers - give them a break!

Matt - don;t be a ****ing ****!
Old 20 Aug 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1073155)   #25
blue nose
Veteran

I hope she cooked it first....
Back on topic there is nothing wrong with Ian S much, but it would be good to see Diz as a mod as well as there must be a lot of them on club single seaters .