Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Dec 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1182831)   #1
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Restrictive Practices

Why are there only about TEN threads displayed in Historic Racing & Racing History?

Go into other Forums and there are pages of them!

Also why is there a thread that hasn't had a Post on it for flipping months still sat at the top listed as a HOT TOPIC?

Can't be that hot if no one is interested in it!

If I need to hook up these older threads to help in my research I have to keep going through the Search drop down. This is getting tedious!

Don't tell me we have one of Tony Blair's Thought Police monitoring what we are saying!

Anyway, rant over Bring Back The Threads!
Old 18 Dec 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1182835)   #2
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
disappearing threads

I only posted a thread yesterday and now it has vanished! Why?
Old 18 Dec 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1182877)   #3
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think you'll find the display option box is set to Last day as a default. You can change it to "last week" or whatever....

(Bottom left below thread list)
Old 19 Dec 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1183010)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Jackson
Think you'll find the display option box is set to Last day as a default. You can change it to "last week" or whatever....

(Bottom left below thread list)
I tried changing it and when I put it on 2 days or last week or whatever, it won't change
Old 19 Dec 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1183031)   #5
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Works OK for me, but I think it goes back to the default if you've been elsewhere and re-visit the forum.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1183035)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In the absence of a forum mod perhaps I can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
Why are there only about TEN threads displayed in Historic Racing & Racing History?
The number of threads viewed is based on posting time. The default is threads from the last 24hrs. To view more go to the bottom of the forum page and adjust the settings.

Quote:
Go into other Forums and there are pages of them!

Also why is there a thread that hasn't had a Post on it for flipping months still sat at the top listed as a HOT TOPIC?

Can't be that hot if no one is interested in it!
Hot Topics are usually announcements as much as discussions so necessarily they remain until such time as the forum mod considers they are of no further interest.

Of those in this forum, one concerns posting images and the other concerns Win Percy and they do recieve a "hit" every so often.

Quote:
If I need to hook up these older threads to help in my research I have to keep going through the Search drop down. This is getting tedious!
See my reply above.

PS, you could also see the FAQ's.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 11:05 (Ref:1183078)   #7
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Cooking on GAS!

JEREMY - thanks I had a quick flip to the Forum page and BINGO it was set at Last Week for some reason! I have now rectified the situation and all now is available.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1183186)   #8
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Curiously enough, this forum mod has returned to his computer after an evening of Status Quo and found exactly the same phenomenon as Steve did.

Need to do some tinkering with the settings myself, methinks.

Incidentally, reason for the "Hot Topic" is so that new users can get an idea of what is and is not expected when posting pictures. As Peter says, not a topic likely to raise many replies, but important nonetheless, I would submit.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1183193)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So post in the last day is the "Status Quo" then?
Old 19 Dec 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1183194)   #10
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Historical Problem

Funny but it only affected the Historical Forum!

I don't remember resetting the ****** thing!
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1183859)   #11
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As others have said, if you go to your control panel and then to preferences/options, about half way down you will find an option for "show posts". This is probably set as "Forum Default". The problem seems to be that for some reason the default is 24 hours for Historics, but longer (week?) for most if not all others.
So on a personal level, go to Control Panel and adjust this pull-down to 2 Daya, or Week, or whatever you prefer (and remember to click the save button). That should fix the problem permanently

Though it might be helful if an Administrator would go check the system and modify the default settings (to at least make them the same for all categories).
Old 22 Dec 2004, 01:51 (Ref:1185542)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Word has been duly passed to the technical side, and we're frankly baffled!

However, we have had the forum default reset to "last month" which should help things a bit.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 04:56 (Ref:1185602)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Which is really going to worry those who live for today.