Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

View Poll Results: Should Ray Bell stay
NO 3 75.00%
yes 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2001, 00:43 (Ref:102729)   #1
worried
Rookie

worried should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray Bell

After having discussions with a few other forum members and also reading Rays posts, I have decided to run a poll to see what the rest of the forum thinks of his posting. He has already been removed from another forum and i dont want to see him getting out of control here
Old 9 Jun 2001, 02:28 (Ref:102768)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Dear mr. Worried,
I dont think Ray has done anything wrong so far here at ten tenths and no matter what happened elsewhere we like to give people a fresh start when they join our community.

So far ray has been a welcome addition to the forums and im sure he has no plans to step out of line , but im sure posts like this do not sit well with him so maybe they are not a good idea to post these kinds of things.
You are more than welcome to post in any of the forums but please remember our golden rule "do not attack the poster".

but also keep in the back of your mind that if ray or any other members step out of line the staff here at ten tenths will not hesitate to issue the appropriate penalties.

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 9 Jun 2001, 03:20 (Ref:102785)   #3
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who wants to criticise me can do so personally, but there will be no acknowledgement of any criticism unless the reason for your criticism is complete in the first communication.

raybell46@hotmail.com will be the place to send your emails.

Anyone wanting to know why I was given what it seems is a temporary ban from Atlas F1 forums is welcome to contact me and I will explain what I know. I stress, only what I know, because I'm sure I don't know what was going on behind the scenes.

In the meantime, you'll note that I never attack anyone, I never use bad language and I try to avoid going out of my depth. If that is wrong, then what is right?
Old 9 Jun 2001, 06:06 (Ref:102801)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is no place in these forums for this sort of computerised lynch-mob. If any individual member has an issue with another, then take it to them in a Private Message if it is a question of personal disagreement. Resolve it like regular people, please.

If there has been blatant contravention of forum rules, then the appropriate course of action is to contact the administrators. They will then proceed according to the protocols and guidelines laid down in the forum rules.

What we don't want is a witch-hunt. And I would strongly urge all posters not to respond to the poll that has been created.

For what it's worth, the Atlas issue is an Atlas issue, and has absolutely nothing - repeat nothing - to do with 10-tenths.

Since Ray joined 10-tenths, his knowledge and scholarship have ensured a vast increase in traffic in the Historic Racing forum (and let's face it, precious few of you lot come to visit there) so for that I am delighted to extend a welcome to him, as indeed to anyone.

He is also an enthusiastic, articulate and opinionated poster in places such as the Gravel Trap. There are some of his opinions that I agree with, and some that drive me nuts - likewise I am certain some of mine have people banging their head against a wall. But that's the joy of debate and conversation. If this is not what you want to accommodate, then I would suggest this forum is not for you.

Finally, if "worried" is a regular poster, then may I remind you that one thing that is CATEGORICALLY FORBIDDEN is posting under a second alias. Your IP is logged, and it is the work of moments for an administrator to find out which member IP has multiple identities.
Old 9 Jun 2001, 07:48 (Ref:102810)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Ray Bell

Quote:
Originally posted by worried
After having discussions

In private?

Quote:
with a few other forum members and also reading Rays posts, I have decided to run a poll to see what the rest of the forum thinks of his posting.

Surely this has nothing to do with you (a one post rookie).

Quote:

He has already been removed from another forum and i dont want to see him getting out of control here
This has nothing to do with this forum.

And Tim. Your point about most of "you lot" not visiting the Historic Forum, whilst perfectly valid, is a little scary.

Would we really want them?

Perhaps the forum moderator could pull this thread.
Old 9 Jun 2001, 09:15 (Ref:102825)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Worried,
grow up,
bye the way, is that your mum telling you it is past your bedtime ?
Old 9 Jun 2001, 09:19 (Ref:102829)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Mr/Mrs Worried,
I thank you for your interest. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that if you have a problem with any of my staff then I am perfectly happy to hear from you via email.

However, as far as I am aware, Ray has been nothing but a model contributor to this forum - and I think the other reactions to this topic only backup that view.

Unless you can provide me with something concrete to backup your words then i'm going to close this topic as per our forum rules.
Closed Thread