Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Sep 2020, 21:18 (Ref:4003677)   #101
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post

One driver, who if you know much about BRX in recent years it would be obvious who, *****ed and moaned, walked down to the office before the semi with a clipboard and rules probably, and that was it. Bennett was done.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!!
The above mentioned clipboard was a petition signed by all other Supercar drivers to allow Bennett to compete.....
Old 19 Sep 2020, 10:05 (Ref:4003767)   #102
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInTheHedge View Post
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!!
The above mentioned clipboard was a petition signed by all other Supercar drivers to allow Bennett to compete.....
Ha, that is interesting to read, so there was no complaints from any drivers then?
Old 19 Sep 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4003803)   #103
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet the person bringing it to the box was the guy who has done more to get people prevented from racing than any other in recent years.

I somehow doubt it

Of course there was a complaint, or Oli would have been allowed to compete! In theory it should have been picked up at Scrutineering, the fact it wasn't is a bit lax.

I will say his social media feed has had all the issues and moans removed.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4003873)   #104
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told from someone close to the team that Oli told the organisers 2 weeks before the event that he couldn’t get the car remapped, but he wanted to support them so could he compete for no points. This was agreed until someone from the fuel supplier complained before the semis, and Oli was asked to withdraw or face being excluded.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 13:26 (Ref:4003906)   #105
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think about it.......
Bennett told everybody pre race that he couldn’t get the car remapped and agreed to race but not claim championship points.
This was agreed by the organisers and other drivers, Bennett could of lapped every other driver in the final and it wouldn’t of made a difference to Championship standings!!
Fact of the matter is that the fuel supplier realised that the mini hadn’t come to the refuel area and started to ask questions...
He might not be everyone’s favourite driver but ood has done a lot of good for BritishRX in the past with little or no thanks
Old 19 Sep 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4004000)   #106
hoffman66
Racer

I really am not so sure this is down to the fuel supplier to be honest!
Old 19 Sep 2020, 15:19 (Ref:4004013)   #107
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that right from Monday morning some people were looking at where Oli was refuelling. Sounds like that complaint could have easily been lodged by the fuel supplier. It wasn't a spur of the moment protest.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4004399)   #108
hoffman66
Racer

That being the case.

Why leave until the semi finals, why not make the protest earlier so that the man did not risk half a million quids worth of car?

I could understand it if the winners are showered with fuel supplier caps and standing on podiums etc, but I dont even know if there is a fuel supplier and if so who they are!

It just seems petty, small and rather petulant.

But hey its British rallycross, the top level has been like that for some time sadly.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4005628)   #109
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Knockhill cancelled a few days ago and I just read that there will be no more racing at Pembrey this year. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see the round in Ireland happening now...

...fingers crossed for a substitute round (or two) at Lydden before the end of the year.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 10:48 (Ref:4005795)   #110
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsportireland.com/Public/MI_News/2020/Motorsport-Council-Decision-Regarding-Non-Irish-Resident-Competitors-Crew.aspx

I wouldn't be booking a ferry.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 19:17 (Ref:4006254)   #111
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So it looks like the calendar is being changed again - there's a social media post saying something about 2 rounds in November/December. No indication of where they're going to be.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 20:22 (Ref:4006264)   #112
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So it looks like the calendar is being changed again - there's a social media post saying something about 2 rounds in November/December. No indication of where they're going to be.
Lydden, maybe Silverstone if the track is still in action. Can't see it can be anywhere else with Pembrey and Knockhill basically off the table.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4006272)   #113
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Lydden, maybe Silverstone if the track is still in action. Can't see it can be anywhere else with Pembrey and Knockhill basically off the table.
Pembrey is definitely a no go. I'd say Knockhill is possible, like 50/50. Ireland I can't see happening except maybe for Supercars in support of Irish RX (it's possible)

Lydden have already booked in for winter rallycross for December 5th so I reckon that'll be the new finale.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4006354)   #114
hoffman66
Racer

Pat owns it all so it will be at his track I expect they wont be able to afford Silverstone
Old 9 Oct 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4009285)   #115
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending on what happens in the next few months and local lockdowns, it wouldn't surprise me if the only tracks available in the first part of 2021 are Lydden and Blyton. Might be the time to start talking to Silverstone. If their income is down, there may a deal to be done.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4009403)   #116
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A double header on 7 and 8 Nov and the the last round on Dec 19 is what us drivers have been told. That is as it currently stands, whether future COVID changes that remains to be seen.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 22:10 (Ref:4009415)   #117
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A20 YBP View Post
A double header on 7 and 8 Nov and the the last round on Dec 19 is what us drivers have been told. That is as it currently stands, whether future COVID changes that remains to be seen.
Is the double header just for support categories or supercars as well? And yeah there will be surely be less spectators allowed at both events if they're even allowed to run
Old 9 Oct 2020, 23:18 (Ref:4009417)   #118
MissClarrpz
Racer

Just checked brx website and yeah all classes should have double header.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4010397)   #119
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
More details here:

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/5...x-style-finale

It'll be interesting to see rallycross running under floodlights.

The whole "5 Nations" idea has really not worked out though has it? No fault of the organisers though, it is/was a good idea but circumstances have really conspired against them. Credit where it's due for getting some extra dates organised (I assume those dates were pencilled in for the winer series anyway?).
Old 13 Oct 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4010402)   #120
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to confess, I haven’t been to a winter Rallycross since the Croft GP’s in the early 00’s. Be great fun

Quote:
More details here:

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/5...x-style-finale

It'll be interesting to see rallycross running under floodlights.

The whole "5 Nations" idea has really not worked out though has it? No fault of the organisers though, it is/was a good idea but circumstances have really conspired against them. Credit where it's due for getting some extra dates organised (I assume those dates were pencilled in for the winer series anyway?).
Old 13 Oct 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4010411)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz
Just checked brx website and yeah all classes should have double header.
Excluding the Group B/4WD Retro class according to the latest press release.

Quote:
Yeah. I feel sorry for the organiser(s), as there was obviously a big push planned for the Championship this year and it has been ruined by circumstances completely out of their control.

I am glad they are trying to salvage something out of the season. Running under floodlight could be interesting, as could the GP style finale. Fingers crossed that everyone present at the first round can make it to the latter rounds.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4010448)   #122
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have Lydden been allowing camping? I know it'll be chuffing freezing but I'm kind of tempted to travel up for the first one

Edit: Ignore that, just read it properly
Old 13 Oct 2020, 21:16 (Ref:4010483)   #123
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Have Lydden been allowing camping? I know it'll be chuffing freezing but I'm kind of tempted to travel up for the first one
Well I must admit camping at Lydden in November/December doesn't feature on my wishlist!
Old 14 Oct 2020, 07:40 (Ref:4010522)   #124
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well I must admit camping at Lydden in November/December doesn't feature on my wishlist!
Nor mine, but motorsport.

I've at least got a van to sleep in, just trying to work out how cold it'll be

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Nov 2020, 11:10 (Ref:4018512)   #125
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Well if I have understood the latest guidelines correctly, then there is a potential for spectators at the Lydden rounds in December?

Assuming that Dover is classed as either Tier 1 or 2, then they could potentially have 4000 or 2000 spectators? A lot of the articles on the subject are focusing on football but, with this "Elite" status then I guess BRX falls under the same rules.

Fingers crossed that is the case: I am desperate to see some more racing before the end of the year!