Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Sep 2020, 01:56 (Ref:4007292)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, all I can say is Adam, the guy in charge of tickets, said if you’re staying in the same tent, RV in your case, as a paying person you don’t need another pass. And still have the email, and his number saved, for the SS to stuff it
Old 29 Sep 2020, 02:52 (Ref:4007297)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paperwork from Adam and an Ogre on my side, I like my chances.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 03:44 (Ref:4007302)   #78
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty much and I'm itching for a good chance to go off on someone. Had to delete an email today when an expeditor decided to tell me to go ahead and approve this ASAP for her. That was the 3rd of the day so I'm primed ready for a smart ass when I can
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4007459)   #79
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that we all think we are going to make it in, what else do we need to plan?

Who has the walkabout? Do we need extra charcoal or fluid? How is the pop-up situation? Are we planning on frying potatoes? do we need oil?

Broad are you going to have your usual kitchen setup? I am going to start shopping this weekend, so if I can grab anything I will.

I will be bringing boudin for sure, any other requests?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4007464)   #80
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I’m bringing my usual but with the regular smaller walkabout this year instead of the big grill. Yeah, just hit the parents to pick up my gear since they have the extra space for it for me. Tony asked about the fryer, I’ll fry if we want. I have my usual 2 canopies and the slant leg to claim so fence space. I wasn’t planning anything special this year beyond probably some of the bacon. And a few bourbons to share, and just ordered a boatload of cigars for those who partake. I have to clear space in the chest freezer for the ice blocks this evening and get them freezing.

I’m still debating next weekend with the Historics and setting up early. The new entry list for HSR looks decent and the Pug, and others from Europe, is coming back. May see if they’ll let me set up next weekend and leave it since I’d be back on Tuesday. I have a feeling they’ll say no but worth an ask.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 03:16 (Ref:4007499)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I’m bringing my usual but with the regular smaller walkabout this year instead of the big grill. Yeah, just hit the parents to pick up my gear since they have the extra space for it for me. Tony asked about the fryer, I’ll fry if we want. I have my usual 2 canopies and the slant leg to claim so fence space. I wasn’t planning anything special this year beyond probably some of the bacon. And a few bourbons to share, and just ordered a boatload of cigars for those who partake. I have to clear space in the chest freezer for the ice blocks this evening and get them freezing.

I’m still debating next weekend with the Historics and setting up early. The new entry list for HSR looks decent and the Pug, and others from Europe, is coming back. May see if they’ll let me set up next weekend and leave it since I’d be back on Tuesday. I have a feeling they’ll say no but worth an ask.
It would be nice if they let you stay setup. But I also doubt they will. They will have an excuse like "they need to mow". Sure we don't have grass there, but whatever. You should leave your stuff with cardboard cutouts of you to scare off the staff!
Old 30 Sep 2020, 04:06 (Ref:4007503)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm gonna show up when i want, with what i want, in a van, half drunk with randon shyte and likely a bike, if they can fix it Friday. That work?
Old 30 Sep 2020, 13:17 (Ref:4007559)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If you showed up any other way we would be surprised. I would guess sometime Thursday afternoon in a cloud of dust and random stuff from the yard thrown in the van
Old 4 Oct 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4008603)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
EARLY forecast

Weekend before is rain every day to soften the clay
Old 5 Oct 2020, 13:39 (Ref:4008679)   #85
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I believe that is coming from the ole NOAA and delta. Needs to go ahead and move on through...I guess we need to post this to the Hurricane thread in case joeb's not paying attenion.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents
Old 5 Oct 2020, 13:45 (Ref:4008680)   #86
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I believe that is coming from the ole NOAA and delta. Needs to go ahead and move on through...I guess we need to post this to the Hurricane thread in case joeb's not paying attenion.

It looks like that will messy-up the historics. I was thinking about going, but prolly not if it's going to be ugly.
Old 5 Oct 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4008683)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Oh I saw it, and while I'm not impressed, I am glad it is this week and not next.

I am taking all next week off (well monday is our indigenous peoples holiday so only have to take off from tuesday) but now the damn kids will be home on fall break with me which really is going to cut into my prep time!
Old 5 Oct 2020, 16:12 (Ref:4008708)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Oh I saw it, and while I'm not impressed, I am glad it is this week and not next.

I am taking all next week off (well monday is our indigenous peoples holiday so only have to take off from tuesday) but now the damn kids will be home on fall break with me which really is going to cut into my prep time!
They ruin everything, dont they?
Old 5 Oct 2020, 17:16 (Ref:4008716)   #89
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Still going to Historics and taking Friday and all of next week off as well, no indigenous peoples day here though.

Looks scattered rain and some of the HSR guys love their rain running so sit in the truck and watching cars is better than reading email about how I want trees to kill people and not let someone build 50 lb house in a 25 lb sack
Old 6 Oct 2020, 17:09 (Ref:4008867)   #90
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I think I know most of you guys by now and usually see you each year at Petit. Seeing as how I moved cross-country and '20 is garbage to begin with, this will be my first missed Petit since I started going. Man, it's going to be really strange watching it on TV.

Reading through this thread it's funny how in many ways what is being planned for out here at Laguna Seca will be the exact opposite. Seems that other than the 50% capacity and no paddock access and grid walk things will be rather normal, other than limiting camping. Out here at Laguna Seca it's a strange situation where the track is not allowed to host any spectators per state or county ordinances. I was surprised to see the track promoting camping for the weekend however. Can't buy a ticket but you are encouraged to camp. For those who've never been to Laguna Seca, some of the best viewing spots are outside the fences, I'm thinking of the hillside above the hairpin, you can see each turn from turn 9 to your left, to turn 5 at your right. So it won't be all bad, and I won't have to buy a ticket, just a $40 camping pass!

Anyway, I hope you all have fun, and if anyone feels like wasting a little beer and pouring some out for me I'd appreciate the sentiment.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4008875)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, it's weird out there that the park is open but not the track. But it's nice you can still see a bit of the action.

Hard getting prepared for the race this year here. Started out ready but now I'm a bit more whatever. 7 months at home and getting yelled at because we can't go in the field is getting old and wearing me down. Hoping a bit of real track time this weekend for historics even in the rain will improve the mood. Feeling old that 2 of the Historic Masters cars I've seen race in person though. 2013 ESM ARX-03B will be in track as well as the Peugeot
Old 6 Oct 2020, 18:12 (Ref:4008877)   #92
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I think I know most of you guys by now and usually see you each year at Petit. Seeing as how I moved cross-country and '20 is garbage to begin with, this will be my first missed Petit since I started going. Man, it's going to be really strange watching it on TV.

Reading through this thread it's funny how in many ways what is being planned for out here at Laguna Seca will be the exact opposite. Seems that other than the 50% capacity and no paddock access and grid walk things will be rather normal, other than limiting camping. Out here at Laguna Seca it's a strange situation where the track is not allowed to host any spectators per state or county ordinances. I was surprised to see the track promoting camping for the weekend however. Can't buy a ticket but you are encouraged to camp. For those who've never been to Laguna Seca, some of the best viewing spots are outside the fences, I'm thinking of the hillside above the hairpin, you can see each turn from turn 9 to your left, to turn 5 at your right. So it won't be all bad, and I won't have to buy a ticket, just a $40 camping pass!

Anyway, I hope you all have fun, and if anyone feels like wasting a little beer and pouring some out for me I'd appreciate the sentiment.

It is pretty cool that they are promoting camping even though there is no tickets to be had!

I'm going to get all my stuff together over the next couple of days because the impending hurricane might be wrecking my plans....
Old 6 Oct 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4008878)   #93
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

Won't be the same w/o ya.
I'll try to pour out some beer at the exact spot where you face-planted (and didn't get up) in the grass last year.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 23:43 (Ref:4008925)   #94
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Won't be the same w/o ya.
I'll try to pour out some beer at the exact spot where you face-planted (and didn't get up) in the grass last year.
That would be fitting, thank you.

Roll on Sebring 2021!
Old 7 Oct 2020, 00:27 (Ref:4008927)   #95
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It might not be so bad if LS was available and hate that you'll miss it. Its gonna be what the doctor ordered for me but weird at the same time.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 18:29 (Ref:4009031)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
With hurricane related things looking better, i did some shopping today.

Got some boudin, steak, and stuffed porkchops in the freezer waiting for next week.

also got some Russells Reserve, and Knob Creek.

Do you want me to bring charcoal or fluid or anything like that?
Old 7 Oct 2020, 19:08 (Ref:4009044)   #97
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With hurricane related things looking better, i did some shopping today.
Did the same last night.
Still need to go on the beer/liquor run to get stuff that we're in no way going to bring into the track.
Sunday will be our day trip down to Carrol's to get the meats.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4009051)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Did the same last night.
Still need to go on the beer/liquor run to get stuff that we're in no way going to bring into the track.
Carrol's looks good. I go to Striplings:
https://striplings.com/

You Never Sausage a Place

Oh, and I won't start packing or shopping until Weds.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4009053)   #99
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Carrol's looks good. I go to Striplings:
https://striplings.com/

You Never Sausage a Place

Oh, and I won't start packing or shopping until Weds.
Yeah, we've been to a couple different Striplings in GA. They have good stuffs too.
Carrol's is quite a hike from Atlanta (3'ish hours) but it's well worth it.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4009055)   #100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Did the same last night.
That place looks awesome! I love small sausage/butcher shops, you can get such a variety in styles and flavors. I noticed they make a summer sausage, that is something you won't find down here!