Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Aug 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3998386)   #26
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remaining galleries from Sunday now on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums
Old 27 Aug 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3998392)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Remaining galleries from Sunday now on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums
I wonder why Jo Polly is running number 306
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Aug 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3998402)   #28
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GORDON STREETER;3998392]I wonder why Jo Polly is running number 306

For the benefit of our younger readers !
Attached Images

Old 27 Aug 2020, 21:17 (Ref:3998406)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I take it Jo is George Polley's daughter?
Old 27 Aug 2020, 22:30 (Ref:3998411)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I take it Jo is George Polley's daughter?
She certainly is, I have a picture of Jo in one of my hands when she was a few weeks old. George an I meet up occasionally and talk about "the good old days" of doing 3 meetings a week up and down the country and abroad. I pulled out of Hot Rod racing in the early 70s and went Motocrossing and Sprinting and then back to "proper" circuits.
As some of you will know my Anglia is one that he built for "proper" circuit racing but didn't have time to really use it because of his oval circuit commitments and his business that went along with it.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Aug 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3998467)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is when I first bought it and prepared it for the ICS support races to the BTCC.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPFC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	63872
Old 28 Aug 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3998525)   #32
Peter J Horsman
Rookie

Peter J Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that that six-wheeler is a 'tool room' copy, created from the original drawings....
Old 28 Aug 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3998546)   #33
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter J Horsman View Post
I think that that six-wheeler is a 'tool room' copy, created from the original drawings....
Correct
Old 28 Aug 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3998547)   #34
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Final two galleries from Sunday now on Flickr. Experimented with shutter speeds and close ups on the Gentlemen Drivers and was fortunate to be able to capture shots of the unfortunate Mike Wilds who had to retire in the Ginetta.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3998554)   #35
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Final two galleries from Sunday now on Flickr. Experimented with shutter speeds and close ups on the Gentlemen Drivers and was fortunate to be able to capture shots of the unfortunate Mike Wilds who had to retire in the Ginetta.
He was absolutely driving the wheels off that car until the retirement, how he managed to hang on the leaders in the early laps was amazing.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 13:39 (Ref:3999446)   #36
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it that some Mini racers have been caught with naughty fuel......