Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Oct 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3935496)   #91
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Titans RX commercial director Atte Varsta said that next year the series may visit Finland.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3935504)   #92
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I suspect that quite a few of the drivers were being paid to be there.
My thoughts too, always felt that Topi, Breen and AJ etc. were all there paid by Max Pucher to help raise the profile of the series. AJ has driven for MJP before so already got a sponsorship tie in.

I've not watched much beyond the first race as I felt there were a couple of issues. First, the weird commentary live at the track meant that it was weird volumes and levels. But mainly the cars are just weird. They look like strange knock offs of proper RX cars but wrong ride height etc. And Pucher made a big thing about the sound but they actually sound arse compared to a legit supercar.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3935913)   #93
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin Hansen crowned champion. Both Timmy and Heikkinen ran into issues during the finals today and yesterday.

I watched some clips posted on Facebook but to be honest I wasn't that interested. Pucher can call it real rallycross all he wants but in the end I feel like this season has been kinda hollow, without merit and filled with paid drivers.

The cars still look really goofy.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3936027)   #94
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Buxtehude this weekend.
Great nature, nice envirement, it's about the only thing i did see...
15 cars, some buggy's, wich are not cars to me. This meens from the end of heat 3 unil the semi final more the 2.5 hours looking at the trees and the sky.

Rubbing is racing, some say. Don't know how to name this. Banging is racing?

This series wil never lift of, at least 10-12 drivers drive for free. Hansen family is there without spending a penny, dad is even de racing director or something.

Cars are quick, but in no way as quick as a WRX.
Cars are also not good looking, The look designd in the 80's, with the lifting doors...

Only a few spectators around the track as wel. (weather did not help on the first day)
Feel very sorry for Mister Pucher, as he is a nice guy.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3936189)   #95
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
They look like strange knock offs of proper RX cars but wrong ride height etc. And Pucher made a big thing about the sound but they actually sound arse compared to a legit supercar.
As silly as it might sound, I think they are too loud: there was no distinct engine note, just volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
The cars still look really goofy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Cars are also not good looking, The look designd in the 80's, with the lifting doors....
Yeah, some of the bodyshells worked better than others, but they all seemed a bit awkward looking to me. I hoped that they might work on that aspect for next year, but I think Dan Rooke was driving a 2020 car at Buxtehude and it looked just as goofy as the 2019 cars (though the "Mercedes" body is at least the best of the bunch).

Some of the cars looked very rough under the skin as well, though I appreciate that the field was put together in a short period of time, so I'd expect them to be better finished next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Rubbing is racing, some say. Don't know how to name this. Banging is racing?
I wonder if the amount of contact will drop off when the bill for damage is being paid for by the drivers?