Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3940053)   #691
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kevin H is the classless of them all, on and off the track. Bakkerud has pulled some dirty moves and isn't very apologetic about it, I think you're right that Doran and the entourage help culture that. Timmy is generally quite clean on the track, I think yesterday's race was pure rallycross, but it's his off track that I dislike.

I'm also of the opinion that Gronholm would've been a more deserving winner, and I'd love to see Timur winning more because he strikes me as a genuinely nice guy (if a tad aggressive on the track)
Old 12 Nov 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3940067)   #692
hoffman66
Rookie

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure how you can call Timmy clean, for me Kevin reminds me of his Dad, Timmy is far more aggressive, obviously you watch a different sport to me lol!
Old 12 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3940129)   #693
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Not sure how you can call Timmy clean, for me Kevin reminds me of his Dad, Timmy is far more aggressive, obviously you watch a different sport to me lol!
Timmy is aggressive but, with the odd exception, generally clean, I can't think of many examples beyond Holjes against Ekstrom where I've felt he was well over the mark. Certainly I'd say he's no dirtier than Andreas and Doran, and I'm a Bakkerud fan.

I think Kevin is the dirtiest driver on the grid, he's like Gordon Shedden in the way he bumps from behind or swerves into people
Old 12 Nov 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3940233)   #694
hoffman66
Rookie

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not fan of any of them to be honest

I quite like Scheider coz he is clean and decent, and I enjoyed Abbring when he came over.

But the top guys are arrogant, overly aggressive and need to grow a pair and be like their peers were before them, have some class.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3941922)   #695
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is something amiss about the handling of Bakkeruds protest post final. Timmy is making aggressive moves in the start and the contact that puts him in the wall looks intentional. Looking at his positioning going into the turn, the line he takes up the inside isn't a viable line unless he plans to bounce off Bakkerud.

The way it is described in the media, apparently marshals then call Kevin as a witness despite Timur being between them at the time. Kevin who is obviously extremely biased, yet they decide on the matter without involving other witnesses.

This feels like a clear case of nice guys finish last; Bakkerud hasn't announced his 2020 plans yet while the Hansens pulling out might hurt the seies. There has always been politics in TX, but this just feels bad and makes me even less interested in the sport.

On the upside, Bakkeruds vid from the event is really good. I might just follow him through whatever he picks next year.

Even more disturbing - I find myself taking a liking to Liam. Lol.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3942233)   #696
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was hoping that the latest episode of Bakkerud Life might focus a bit more on the post-race process, but they didn't seem to discuss it too much.

Some interesting snippets in there though: didn't seem like Timur thought it what happened in the final was fair? And Kevin Hansen was called as the witness for the incident? That doesn't seem entirely fair if true?