Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3178904)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Championship Finals

TBA
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3315846)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HSCC Championship Finals

I am planning to be at this event, and just wondered if I need to keep out of anyone's way.

I assume that HSCC does fit into this section?

bauble (Please note I wear glasses.)
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3315847)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You mean this one?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135922
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3315848)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, of course HSCC is one of 'ours'; very much so. If you were really that concerned about who you have offended, I suggest just staying in!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3315849)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Peter. And before anyone says it, no we cannot merge 'event' threads otherwise I would have!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3315850)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if I need to keep out of anyone's way.
If you are crossing the track have motorised roller skates on. Beware of Porsche course cars with photoicidal marshals in them.

Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3315852)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Merged. Depends which way you try to do it John.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3315950)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...one_Finals.pdf
Old 11 Oct 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3316157)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Merged. Depends which way you try to do it John.
Thanks, Peter!
Old 11 Oct 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3316238)   #10
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I am planning to be at this event, and just wondered if I need to keep out of anyone's way.
Bob, I will be in my normal place armed with chequered flag come and see me to retrieve your frame (for anyone wondering that is not his zimmer frame !!!).
Old 11 Oct 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3316365)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alan,
Thank you for making clear the use of 'my frame', I suffer enough derision without some misinterpreting your message in the wrong way.

I shall look forward to being re-united with both yourself and my frame on the 19th.
Look out for a chap with a cap pulled low over his face, dark glasses, a false moustache, and carrying a big stick. One can not afford to take chances.

Bob.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3316431)   #12
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dodgy old codgers with a camera are fair game then.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3316593)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Dear Mr. Chigley,
It would appear that 'you have it in for me' presumably because you do not like the pictures of yourself as displayed on a well know web site, however, it is not my fault if you are an ugly bustard.

I have done my best to catch a flattering image of you as you go about your duties as a marshal, and if, as I clearly have, failed to produce something to your liking, I can hardly be blamed for nature.

Perhaps you should study the 'family album' to se if this grim visage of yours is genetic, or something you have managed to acquire, in what has obviously been a hard life. Were you ever in the Swiss navy?

Mr bauble.

PS; Look forward to seeing on the day.

cheers,

Bob.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3316611)   #14
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The entry list is not yet up
one week before the event

I have entered some very unusual and rare cars:

my DRW sports racer in the Guards, a car that actually raced in the Guards Trophy in period, and the only one ever made

my PBA DKW Mk II in Juniors this years Goodwood car

Tim will race my Mitter DKW in Juniors

not if I have entries as I amon Holiday this week and nothing on the Website
lets hope that there is an envelope for me at home
Rudolf
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3316619)   #15
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen a provisional entry list and all your cars are listed on it Rudolf. At the last count there were 37 Juniors and 41 Guards entries.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3316623)   #16
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I've seen a provisional entry list and all your cars are listed on it Rudolf. At the last count there were 37 Juniors and 41 Guards entries.
thanx, Alan
good to know

oddities weekend is on then

Rudolf
Old 13 Oct 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3317010)   #17
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a pretty good entry list for last race meeting of the year, more than 30 participants in most of the races.

I will be there in Historic Road Sports, racing the Chev Camaro in Class A ... one of the surprises is that I have spent the whole year racing Class A with just one other competitor in Class A and for this meeting there are 8 Class A entries.

Eh ??! where were you all at Thruxton, Brands GP and Indy, Silverstone GP and Oulton Park ??
Nick
Old 13 Oct 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3317020)   #18
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got a link to the entry list?

I'm not racing at this meeting.

Hope to be spectating
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3317054)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
http://www.hscc.org.uk/entries-event-info

That should do it when it is published.

bauble.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3317062)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Any other 'user names' racing? I will be trackside with camera and would be happy to snap away.

I've sussed you Nick.

bauble.

Unless I get hit by the safety car first
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3317070)   #21
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Alfa has finally been repaired after shunt at Thruxton, so will be there in HTC.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3317077)   #22
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Any other 'user names' racing? I will be trackside with camera and would be happy to snap away.
Yes, we are number 40 in Historic Touring Cars and 105 Mad is number 39.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3317078)   #23
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Anyone got a link to the entry list?
I'm not racing at this meeting.
Hope to be spectating
Robyn - get your car there - you can still win the class.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3317102)   #24
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another HTC here - running 50 this year rather than my usual 87.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3317132)   #25
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete, if someone wants to put up my entry fee and a new set of tyres i'll be there.