Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jul 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3835004)   #126
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well we got smoke pooring in cockpit and no second gear but apart from that the monster is awsum . We are P43 . Night time stint to come
Old 6 Jul 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3835011)   #127
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well we got smoke pooring in cockpit and no second gear but apart from that the monster is awsum . We are P43 . Night time stint to come

Can you fix the smoke and the gear?

Other than that it sounds like great fun.

Have you checked the lights are working?

Old 6 Jul 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3835018)   #128
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Grant, I guess the left one has been repaired along the years… And the "monstrous" torque will fix the gear trouble!
Old 6 Jul 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3835035)   #129
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It’s really scorchio now at Le Mans, and plateau 1 qualifiers were just going to pre grid when I came back to change for plateau 3 session at 1559hrs. Car 25, and it’s British......

Well, this morning I was driving up through France , somewhere between Lyon & Dijon , and it rained so hard I had to slow right down . The wipers on high speed could not clear the screen , & the volume of water was covering the road so I could not even see the white lines through it .
So I hope that lot misses you all .

But yesterday the temperature in St Tropez was showing 35 C on a sign outside a Chemists . My temp gauge was only 33 C , but even that was still much too hot for comfort .

You can never please everybody , can you . Whatever the weather .
Old 6 Jul 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3835036)   #130
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Mike and John on a brillant twentieth out of seventy five in Plateau 3 qualifying ahead of not just Jaguar E Types and Ferrari 250 GTs but also Lister Jags , Lotus 15s and a Maserati Birdcage !
Old 6 Jul 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3835044)   #131
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Well done to Mike and John on a brillant twentieth out of seventy five in Plateau 3 qualifying ahead of not just Jaguar E Types and Ferrari 250 GTs but also Lister Jags , Lotus 15s and a Maserati Birdcage !
Funny thing is we got a 4 place grid penalty due to a ‘slow zone’ infringement, but by the time the stewards had gone through the whole list of reported indiscretions we moved up rather than down....

My time was spent coping with slow zones on every lap, and between us we only got one clean attempt at a time, when John was in the car! I was not unhappy as it gave me a chance to get the feel of the car, which I had not even sat in before qually, and work on braking points. Night practice at midnight....
Old 6 Jul 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3835069)   #132
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
URGENT:Is he Raccoerdement grandstand feee tomorrow I trued paying for it online but it wasn't with all the other grandstands.If you could shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.Its the one at the pit entry and opposite global legends paddock.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3835072)   #133
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Mike
Your slightly quicker than Talbot!
Only just
Old 6 Jul 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3835076)   #134
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Well done Mike
Your slightly quicker than Talbot!
Only just
Gareth P1 & P2 in Talbots?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 03:33 (Ref:3835113)   #135
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Gareth in P1 and Michael Birch P2
Unfortunately the Largo had major problems immediately qualifying started so the results could be very misleading.
We will find out in next 36 hours!
Lots of car problems for people today mostly due to heat.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3835118)   #136
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Night Practice! Supposed to start at 1159 for Plateau 3, but think about an hour later, so lots of hanging around when your body clock says sleep.... Saw the Caddy Le Monstre with Iain aboard (an appropriate description ) cruising down the pit lane as we arrived! My goodness it’s big.

Our intention was to check spotlights aim and for each of us to get 2 or 3 laps. John went out and came straight in for adjustment, then went out again just us the session was red flagged.... numerous cars off somewhere, likely on oil from someone. Eventually when the car returned, I got settled in and drove to the end of the pit lane, only to be told that the session was not going to be restarted. So my night practice consisted of driving down the pit lane and back into the paddock. Hardly of benefit

Going to be hot again! Seems Beeb meteo closer to reality than the French website, which is surprising to say the least...
Old 7 Jul 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3835120)   #137
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So our plan of giving all that stuff a miss seemed to be best move!
Old 7 Jul 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3835125)   #138
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
So our plan of giving all that stuff a miss seemed to be best move!
Yup, but your team have done a lot more laps round here so probably wouldn’t gain much! I definitely still have a lot to learn....
Old 7 Jul 2018, 07:20 (Ref:3835127)   #139
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Understand that much of normal lighting was not on which caused problems for people.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3835129)   #140
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Aren't you supposed to have your eyes tested to get your license?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3835140)   #141
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Helps if lights work properly!
Impressed with our mate who has lights developed by Red Bull
They do work
Not bad for 1928 car.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3835192)   #142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Helps if lights work properly!
Impressed with our mate who has lights developed by Red Bull
They do work
Not bad for 1928 car.
Newey must be older than I thought.....

GpC race looked chaotic after one car spun into the gravel and literally covered the track in the stuff. Soon after that seemingly half the field got punctures, including the leader. So Safety Car deployed, and much confusion in the pits for a while. Gave up trying to follow it after that!
Old 7 Jul 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3835210)   #143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Some spectators report to be "slightly" disappointed by the Grp C show.
And the french comments during the Jaguar race were errr… pathetic! And they had a long break for lunch!
Old 7 Jul 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3835227)   #144
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Fantastic to see delta with Le monstre side by side with a monopole in the chicane. Did you hear delta "asking" for a screwdriver? You know who is the boss in this occasion…
Old 7 Jul 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3835252)   #145
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta and Le Monstre certainly seem to be getting some good tv coverage, do you think we'll have to make appointments to speak with him in the future after his starring role?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3835254)   #146
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
upset at missing this years classic having been to all previous ones except the very first but watching it live on motorsport tv, just wish i was there.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3835256)   #147
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been lucky enough to have attendee 4 including the first but to be honest I'm somewhat thankful I'm not there this weekend with the temperature, nearly flaked out 4 years ago walking round the paddock.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3835265)   #148
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Delta and Le Monstre certainly seem to be getting some good tv coverage, do you think we'll have to make appointments to speak with him in the future after his starring role?

Is Le Monstre ging to be at the show next week Iain?

If so I think I need to get a wider lens for the camera ....
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:24 (Ref:3835345)   #149
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
8 o’clock, already sunny and warm. Looks like later pm will be hottest so far, but fortunately our last race is this morning. Iain should be out soon in the Caddy, so fingers crossed for him.

Unfortunately John’s B19 in Plateau 5 broke a rod in its first race, data showing no fault of the drivers! Shame after Foxcraft worked 7 days a week for last 7 to rebuild after the Dijon smash. Minor issue in qually when the transponder was found not to be working and the organisation refused to accept manual times from the timekeepers, so demanded the car start from back! After a lengthy ‘discussion’ they relented and the car started in correct position....

The heat yesterday afternoon caused some minor concerns on the +4, and unfortunately John sustained a puncture as well (not the only one), so result was a bit disappointing. I’m out in the car this morning, slightly apprehensive as John’s excellent fastest lap during the night puts me higher up the grid than possibly my limited experience here deserves! Just have to hang onto the tail of the guy in front and wing it.....
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3835355)   #150
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Jean Marc seems happy to be there but had the bad surprise to find "things" thrown in the pedal box when arriving at first corner. Not good for concentration! Hope delta will make the show, again. The spectators love Le Monstre.