Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 Jan 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3792724)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
I had looked at trucks back then to replace my old pos bronco II, only problem I had was the GM seats were designed by a Nazi chiropractor and you were forced upright and square. It never made sense to me why not just use the frame with a decent load rating for all trucks, but the old internet was not so helpful and dealerships never give any info. So that was the closest I could find to actual info back then.

I used to read ramforumz a LOT when I was researching my truck and have read a few other FCA background sites. Ramforumz had the advantage of a couple factory guys posting or confirming things when they could but I haven't been on as much. Depressing to read about new stuff not on mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 02:07 (Ref:3792792)   #47
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
I missed it earlier today, Ford confirmed the F-150 diesel but it does not appear to be the Jag/Land Rover engine.

From Ford's press release:

'Full-size diesel truck fans have reason to celebrate this year as Ford*– America’s truck sales leader*– delivers the first-ever F-150 Power Stroke diesel with a targeted EPA-estimated 30 mpg highway rating, a best-in-class 11,400 pounds of towing capacity and 2,020 pounds of payload capacity, plus best-in-class diesel 250 horsepower and 440 lb.-ft.*of torque. The very same Ford powertrain team behind the 6.7-liter Power Stroke for Super Duty trucks since 2011 designed and engineered this all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke V6 diesel engine to the specific needs of North American F-150 customers who tow and haul frequently.

Arriving this spring, F-150 with 3.0-liter Power Stroke engine provides best-in-class diesel 250 horsepower and 440 lb.-ft. of torque – and makes for a sixth engine choice for F-150 customers.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5c1aff...-factsheet.pdf
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 02:37 (Ref:3792799)   #48
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And now for the Ford Ranger return:

Built Ford Tough: Ford answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged, and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough; torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a rugged high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost*engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission.

Ready for adventure with innovative technology: New features make driving easier and more fun, both on- and off-road; available FX4 Off-Road Package adds protective skid plates, upgraded tires, off-road-tuned shocks and suspension, while Terrain Management System*and Trail Control*help navigate challenging conditions; a suite of innovative technologies includes standard Automatic Emergency Braking to help avoid collisions.

Ranger comes in entry-level XL, mid-level XLT and high-level Lariat trim series with available Chrome and Sport appearance and FX Off-Road packages, and in SuperCab or SuperCrew*cab configurations.

Old 15 Jan 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3792901)   #49
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autoweak article on the Ram: http://autoweek.com/article/detroit-...roit-auto-show

E-assist on the Hemi adding 130lb/ft of torque! It looks MUCH better without the camo and with a proper set of wheels on it.

Old 15 Jan 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3792902)   #50
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motor Trend with the proper release pictures and a better article. The dash is awesome

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1...t-look-review/
Old 15 Jan 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3792916)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wow, that dash and Tesla like center screen is insane.

And FINALLY hill descent controls, hate mine locking automatically and throwing the revs through the roof, and a true locker in the rear axle.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/15/...-hybrid-45834/ has even more great pictures by can't seem to get them to load to save.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3792918)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Here come the Ram pictures, the Limited range is insane as a truck

USB-C factory and finally moved the CD player out of the center console bin. Or even worse, under the center seat in the bench seat model.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3792919)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Now for the I want, I want model. But it's still Hemi/Pentastar only.

The Rebel concept truck.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3792922)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
General Ram goodies

Hybrid unit front and center

22 inch wheels available, also 6 lug wheels

Ram box has grounded 120V inside, think one is available inside the bed on normal box trucks
Old 15 Jan 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3792947)   #55
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I'm giddy waiting for the configurator(s) to come out!

Old 15 Jan 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3792954)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
New pickup trucks and utes

And there are now 16 wheel combinations available.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3793135)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Here's the 2019 Ranger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now for the Ford Ranger return:

When did the Ranger turn back to a full size truck??? That's ginormous!
Old 16 Jan 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3793161)   #58
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The new Ranger is two feet shorter than an F-150 SuperCab.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3793217)   #59
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
When did the Ranger turn back to a full size truck??? That's ginormous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The new Ranger is two feet shorter than an F-150 SuperCab.
To field's point though, the current Chevy Colorado/S10 is within one inch of a 1999 Silverado in all dimensions (per Motor Trend, I've never done the research myself). This is true of almost every type of car though - a modern hatchback will dwarf one of 20 years ago.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3793234)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And just b/c I wanted to provide some numbers to what I was getting at, the new Ranger wheel base is nearly 2 feet longer than the Little Rangers that I grew up with.