Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1198590)   #1
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone played GTR Demo?!?!?

this game is in my opinion brilliant has anyone played it yet???

http://www.gtr-game.com/index.php?page=frontpage0
Old 12 Jan 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1198702)   #2
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i have waiting for the full version to be released
Old 12 Jan 2005, 08:39 (Ref:1198746)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I rate it OK.

My views are coloured by the fact that it took me a long time to get it working at all. I'm also more of a fan of prototypes than GTs, personally. But when the full game is out in the UK, I'm sure I'll get it.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1199118)   #4
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
i liked the way its works in partner with motec!, i have seen a couple on ebay not sure my computers fast enought to cope with the full game!!!! haha
Old 12 Jan 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1199176)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What exactly is motec?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1199182)   #6
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motec is a data acquisition system used by racing teams. In GTR, the game outputs the telemetry in such a way as you use use the Motec software to view it. Very clever.

http://www.motec.com.au/

GTR is the best thing since sliced bread

Last edited by AndyM; 12 Jan 2005 at 18:57.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1199187)   #7
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
MoTec is an Australian company, and design and develop engine management system that combine the power and functionality required by professional Motorsport engineers yet retain the flexibility to be configured quickly and reliably
Old 12 Jan 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1199191)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sounds good.

I guess I really will have to get GTR eventually......
Old 12 Jan 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1199312)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, that sounds very cool
Any idea what the release date in the UK will be?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1199329)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I read somewhere it's February(?) It just *might* find itself winging my way..
Old 12 Jan 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1199394)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Easter time was mentioned somewhere else.....
Old 12 Jan 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1199424)   #12
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest I have heard it's due on 25th of Feb........
Old 12 Jan 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1199461)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM
GTR is the best thing since sliced bread
What was the best thing before that?

GTR looks wonderfull...mmm...pitlane speed limiter...mmm...pitlane speed limiter...I have found you...

Old 13 Jan 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1199690)   #14
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
I have it right now, and you can too, if you don't mind a little bit of work installing 1 or two patches.

You can now get it from the Drivers' Emporium, or there's a fellow on Ebay who sells it, or you can order from Amazon.de if you have a credit card. Cost is about £35, including delivery.

The international (read: English) version is unofficially scheduled for the 25th of Feb, through Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...782610-8856437)

However, the German version is essentially the same - the patches install with a couple of clicks, and just change a few images and remove some 'translation' files.

It's a great game - there's so much attention to detail and accuracy. Great fun