Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3881147)   #1076
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
With Tim Pappas getting hurt at Bathurst, I am not sure if we'll see Black Swan at Sebring now. This seems like an operation that won't run at all if the main gentleman driver is not there. Probably low 40's for grid numbers for the 12 hours of Sebring. But when you consider that WEC is there, the quality is very high, the diversity of manufacturers is still there, then the prospect of more green racing. Then it could be worse.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3881176)   #1077
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think the WEC lmp2's will be nearly as fast as DPi. Definitely a lot closer than DPi is to any lmp1. That's what I want to see. If that's as close as I think, then they may have slowed the lmp2's just because some or all of the DPi teams just wanted to be ahead. Of course they can just bop the DPi's to go a little faster if the gap isn't big enough. I think as-is, the DPi's are only fractionally faster than an lmp2 left alone running the same tires.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 03:47 (Ref:3881260)   #1078
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is IMSA 2019, I guess.

Maze and Blue curbs at Road Atlanta. Not a fan!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01065953285921

First comment on the Facepage post is fabulous!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 04:29 (Ref:3881262)   #1079
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm thinking more, bath houses? That's generous and creepy at the same time. And I'd say how about just bolting the thrones to the floor and swapping out the tiny tiny one for a human sized throne.

And they better start changing the tires to match. The Packers colors not matching the green and white tires was bad enough but this is an assault on my eyes now. Although it did remimd me I need to buy my membership again before the end of the month
Old 2 Feb 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3881274)   #1080
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s very Le Mans.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3881312)   #1081
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course it is
Old 2 Feb 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3881325)   #1082
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any more photos of RA with the new kerbs?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3881341)   #1083
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Any more photos of RA with the new kerbs?
Just the ones posted to socials. I'll post them here, for good measure...
Old 2 Feb 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3881343)   #1084
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sneak preview. Great!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3881358)   #1085
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I might head up next weekend for the renamed Chump car. Just to show how little ChampCar is worth now Chump car has been renamed ChampCar racing after they bought the name cheap. I'll get some pictures especially to show the tires clashing because yes that bothers me
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3881360)   #1086
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That’s very Le Mans.
More thinking that's very Michelin. Which might also be Le Mans too, but this is probably a direct result of new name.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3881367)   #1087
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
More thinking that's very Michelin. Which might also be Le Mans too, but this is probably a direct result of new name.
There's no probably, they said it's from Michelin in the Facebook posts about it
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3881377)   #1088
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
They probably said it's from Michelin on the Facebook posts

Old 2 Feb 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3881407)   #1089
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's fitting. Grand Le Mans has blue and yellow kerbs and now so does Petit Le Mans.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3881412)   #1090
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm no fan. Its always been green and white and there was nothing wrong with it. Then they went with yellow and green at PLM 2018.

It WAS Road Atlanta, but Michelin is writing the checks now, so this is what they want. Are they going to paint the tire walls to match?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3881436)   #1091
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm no fan. Its always been green and white and there was nothing wrong with it. Then they went with yellow and green at PLM 2018.

It WAS Road Atlanta, but Michelin is writing the checks now, so this is what they want. Are they going to paint the tire walls to match?
Nothing was wrong with the old colors and nothing is wrong with the new. The cars will race the same.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3881445)   #1092
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Nothing was wrong with the old colors and nothing is wrong with the new. The cars will race the same.
No they won't, they'll be confused and wreck with the different colors around the track. It must be changed back on the grounds of safety
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3881446)   #1093
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That's where you're wrong. It's a well known fact that yellow and blue paint has less grip. It's all ruined now.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3881575)   #1094
S griffin
Veteran

Well there you have it. Drivers will need to stay off the kerbs now. Circuit still the same
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3881637)   #1095
S griffin
Veteran

Too often drivers use kerbs as part of the track. It increases the challenge if they don’t have to go over them
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3881667)   #1096
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Reminds me of this:

Zandvoort in 1983 for the Dutch GP. The curbs used to be red and white but Marlboro must have had their sponsorship ended that year.

They were back (and still are I believe) to red and white in not too long though.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3881671)   #1097
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No more Risi it seems....

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21404

It remains to be seen however if their entry request will be granted and if not, how that will affect their plans.

Very disappointing news nevertheless...
Old 3 Feb 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3881718)   #1098
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No more Risi it seems....

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21404

It remains to be seen however if their entry request will be granted and if not, how that will affect their plans.

Very disappointing news nevertheless...
Taking your ball and going home in huff after a second place finish at daytona is like the least effective way to improve the bop situation, imo. Plus the whining.... I mean, I was pulling for them to have a good finish, and glad they did, and will miss the Ferrari presence in the class, but I can't say I'll miss their attitude. What more bop they need? Enough to ensure an easy win?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3881742)   #1099
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
At this point if Risi returns or not I couldn't care any less. Second place and laps that weren't out of the range of the rest of the cars sounds like whining and crying. They really do seem like that's their technique to get a better BOP and a win but I think IMSA has had enough of that. Doubt we'll see them back any time soon
Old 3 Feb 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3881749)   #1100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
At this point if Risi returns or not I couldn't care any less. Second place and laps that weren't out of the range of the rest of the cars sounds like whining and crying. They really do seem like that's their technique to get a better BOP and a win but I think IMSA has had enough of that. Doubt we'll see them back any time soon
I thought Daytona had its own bop and the rest of the races will be different? So isn't the bop likely to change anyways?