Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Nov 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3861436)   #151
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've learnt loads. Didn't even know Italy had motorsport. I'm googling now to find out if they have any good tracks. Found one called Monzer.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3861441)   #152
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I've learnt loads. Didn't even know Italy had motorsport. I'm googling now to find out if they have any good tracks. Found one called Monzer.
That's the one with high banking.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3861443)   #153
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
One of the nice things about Italian circuits is the corner names, which always sound so very...... ‘Italian’

And of course you’re never far from a decent pizza.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3861461)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
and that's just the rate of inflation.......
Old 6 Nov 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3861488)   #155
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
thread = saved
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3861506)   #156
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
and that's just the rate of inflation.......
That would explain the high interest then!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3861540)   #157
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Grand Prix is a French term and means Grand Prize.
Yes, that's what I said.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3861656)   #158
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I thought that was 'Dega.....

jimclark
Old 8 Nov 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3861785)   #159
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I thought that was 'Dega.....

You've got me there jim!
Old 8 Nov 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3861788)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wiki. Usual caveats apply. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_Superspeedway
Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3861859)   #161
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
thanks Peter, now it is obvious, but I would never have got there by myself!
Old 11 Nov 2018, 01:30 (Ref:3862301)   #162
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
thanks Peter, now it is obvious, but I would never have got there by myself!
'Thinking cap time (for some of you furriners...)..... What's the other one (famous high bank'er) that's less than 150 miles from our (USA) first GP?

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3862318)   #163
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
'Thinking cap time (for some of you furriners...)..... What's the other one (famous high bank'er) that's less than 150 miles from our (USA) first GP?
I take it this is a tricky question for us furriners, how about Daytona International Speedway from the first US Grand Prix at Sebring 1959, won by Bruce McLaren?
Old 11 Nov 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3862321)   #164
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I take it this is a tricky question for us furriners, how about Daytona International Speedway from the first US Grand Prix at Sebring 1959, won by Bruce McLaren?
Wasn't it Sebring where that occurred?
And Black Jack pushed the Cooper over the line to win his first WDC.
(To complete an antipodean celebration)
Old 11 Nov 2018, 03:58 (Ref:3862323)   #165
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Wasn't it Sebring where that occurred?
I'm confused. I thought that's what he (the nut...errrr....wnut ) said.....

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 04:02 (Ref:3862324)   #166
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Very good.

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3862397)   #167
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Talladega was conceived by NASCAR founder William "Bill" France, Sr., who wanted to build the largest and fastest oval race track in the US, faster and longer than Daytona.

Daytona is 2.5 Miles long (4.02 km), with banking of 31° at all the turns. The tri-oval has 18° banking, with the back straight 2°.

Talladega is 2.66 Miles (4.281 km), with banking of 33° at Turns 1 & 2, 32.4° at Turn 3 and 32.5° at Turn 4. The tri-oval is 16.5°, with the back straight at 3°.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3862529)   #168
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Talladega was conceived by NASCAR founder William "Bill" France, Sr., who wanted to build the largest and fastest oval race track in the US, faster and longer than Daytona.

Daytona is 2.5 Miles long (4.02 km), with banking of 31° at all the turns. The tri-oval has 18° banking, with the back straight 2°.

Talladega is 2.66 Miles (4.281 km), with banking of 33° at Turns 1 & 2, 32.4° at Turn 3 and 32.5° at Turn 4. The tri-oval is 16.5°, with the back straight at 3°.
And yer pernt is...?

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3862534)   #169
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And yer pernt is...?

Just a bit of info. Otherwise absolutely, no point or relevance to the thread.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3862537)   #170
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Just a bit of info. Otherwise absolutely, no point or relevance to the thread.
What thread?

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3862544)   #171
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
What thread?
This one, I think...