Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1427048)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
up all night

how many times have you stayed up to crazy times like 04.00 or even 02.30?
every year i stay up for the aussi gp and get up early for japan and china.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1427053)   #2
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never missed!...What sort of Scottish flag is that then nicky?
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1427061)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm wondering myself too...

I used to, but nowadays with work work work I'm way too tired to even bother...
I only stay up for the actual Grand Prix.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1427063)   #4
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
A Belgian one, evidently!

I don't miss a race either.. not one.

I'm sure you'll be AT a whole lot more races next year eh, Rennen?
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1427070)   #5
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah...too old, it's better on telly!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1427084)   #6
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For more years than I can remember I have got up to watch the early morning qualification and races. This year is the first that I haven't felt either the action or the programmes were worth the bother.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1427093)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to go to bed before hand, but this year for the Australian Grand Prix I decided to stay up so that way there was no chance of missing it.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1427113)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I used to get or stay up for them all the time. These days I usually do early in the season, but not when the championship's decided. This weekend's random race I might not watch at all.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1427131)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've done this all those years. In the late 80's and early 90's, it was the Senna era, and people used to get around in somone's home or a night club to watch the race. It was fun and almost always it ended celebrating the champion. Once Senna's gone, people lost their interest in F1 and those days were over.
Now I watch alone, even my son can't stand the car parade it has become (for those that are not die-hard fans of F1), so it is a lonely task, as it was in my teenage days.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1427142)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
This weekend's random race I might not watch at all.
What do you mean by "random race",isn't it better to watch one of those rather than watching 2 Mercedes followed by 2 Renaults followed by........

The essence of any sport is unpredictability.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1427172)   #11
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
how many times have you stayed up to crazy times like 04.00 or even 02.30?
every year i stay up for the aussi gp and get up early for japan and china.
At least you only have to stay up 4 times a year.Down Under we have to stay up 15 times.At least I'am the boss so I don't get yelled at for being late to work.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1427176)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I rarely miss a GP. In fact, it's well over a decade since I missed one I think....

However, I won't give up my life to watch one I don't think! Things like work commitments and general life will inevitably get in the way in future more often than not......but there's always Sky Plus!

Also got up to listen to the Five Live commentary this morning, whilst wondering what the hell ITV were doing yet again. I mean, the coverage isn't on until midnight tonight the idiots. Time was, it was repeated at a normal time and it was live as well! Jeez!

As for tomorrow I'll be up bright and early for the race.....should be a cracker and most enjoyable, despite "my driver's" hopes being dealt a mortal blow!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1427182)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got up for the qualifying (even if I had to watch it in German, stupid ITV - for some reason, the best qualifying sessions are always on the southern continent!)

Whether I wait up for a race or get up on it is dependant on whether I feel like sleeping...today's going to be a little mad, as I'll be waiting up for Bathurst...I'm still undecided as to whether I'll end up flicking between the two or will tape the Grand Prix to watch straight after (are the Australian commentators likely to tell you who won the GP on air?)
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1427184)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I NEVER miss a Grand Prix.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1427185)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*filed away for reference*
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1427192)   #16
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I got up for the qualifying (even if I had to watch it in German, stupid ITV - for some reason, the best qualifying sessions are always on the southern continent!)

Whether I wait up for a race or get up on it is dependant on whether I feel like sleeping...today's going to be a little mad, as I'll be waiting up for Bathurst...I'm still undecided as to whether I'll end up flicking between the two or will tape the Grand Prix to watch straight after (are the Australian commentators likely to tell you who won the GP on air?)
I don't think so as they are showing the GP straight after the Bathurst race.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1427197)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you have the offical Ten feed (Feat. Diffy and Crompo) then no, because the GP is on straight after Bathurst on Ten and thusly all of Australia doesn't want it ruined.

When I say all of Australia, I mean all 4 people who are still sober enough to watch it. (Alas, including me.)
Old 8 Oct 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1427209)   #18
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Unlikely, unless you get a different telecast to us, as the same channel has the GP on straight after Bathurst, so wouldn't want to hurt ratings.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1427221)   #19
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nrgh. Stayed up for the US GP this year... What fun that was! And I stayed up for Interlagos, so I went to bed when just when it was becoming light.

Thank goodness Bathurst is here in Australia and is followed by Suzuka.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1427262)   #20
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havn't missed a race since 1992 and have even managed to get myself to a few. I agree knowlesy, ITV have messed up again - why they couldn't show this morning's qually during today sometime, or even on ITV2, is beyond me.

I'll be up for the race tomorrow morning - eggs, bacon, tomatoes, coffee, toast and a very mixed up grid (not grill), - it should be a cracker!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1427285)   #21
Wedgie
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Wedgie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the ITV coverage/prog starts at 05:20 but what time (UK) does the actual race start ?

I will be marshalling at Knockhill tomorrow so don't want to get up for the race any earlier than I have to.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1427287)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think the race kicks off at six,but expect delays.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1427314)   #23
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I usually do it.
It was hard last night/this morning tho - gotta get a nappy this afternoon.

USA east coast is not good for the Pacific Rim races. European races aren't bad at 0800 our time.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1427333)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I used to go to bed before hand, but this year for the Australian Grand Prix I decided to stay up so that way there was no chance of missing it.
but when it comes on you fall asleep after the pre race show!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1427386)   #25
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I only missed a race when I was abroad, else I am always present, in front of a TV to watch, and I do not want any interruptions whatsoever.

I wake up to see races in Australia & Asia but I do not wake up in the middle of the night to watch qualifyings. But I wake up earlier than usual to see certain quali like I did today.