Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 18 Apr 2001, 02:01 (Ref:81808)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Just wondering what kind of karts people have driven?

I have driven a sprint kart 100cc yamaha engine and also one of the new Rotax 125cc karts...

The rotax was amazing to drive..the acceleration was just awesome and you could throw it around a bit more than my sprint kart because you had a little more power behind you to pull out of a slide..great fun and definately on my shopping list for the future.

and it was wondefull not having to push start the thing

so what kind of karts have you driven?
Old 18 Apr 2001, 08:33 (Ref:81857)   #2
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four years ago i drove my fist kart (KT100) owned by a lady i worked with,i did two meetings in KT100's including a dirt speedway meeting.

I visited some friends of her's one day and tripped over a old 250cc gearbox kart in their garage,i was told "if you get it going you can race it" 15min later i was driving it up the street,i raced it for a season with indifferent results.

At the end of that season i bought my own 125cc gearbox kart and raced that for the next two years,mostly long circuit and mostly a midfield runner,on our tight sprint not much quicker than the quick KT's but much more fun to drive.

After the first season in the 125 I started building a 250cc Superkart,i first raced this Febuary this year,awesome would be the word to describe these,they hold outright lap records at a lot of tracks,and lap Phillip Island quicker than a 500GP bike,at the NZ champs i finished 4th which was my 3rd meeting in it,South Island champs on May 5th i'm hoping to do better,David Coultard said after driving Martin Hines superkart it was the scariest thing he had ever done!

I have also driven the max and can see why they appeal to people,low maintenence and push button starting,although compared to a good 125 gearbox kart they are slow but easier to mantain,after racing gearbox karts I wouldn't race anything but!
Old 24 Apr 2001, 09:06 (Ref:84356)   #3
Kartracer
Rookie

Kartracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an Arrows AX6 with a KT100S and an ARC spec100W (Watercooled)which ROCKS!!! i love the GRUNT it has over the Yamaha. I am new to karting and last weekend finished fourth in only my second racemeeting. Although i havent driven one yet a MAX is on my MUSTDO list!!
Old 24 Apr 2001, 15:04 (Ref:84464)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths kartracer..my kart is also an Arrow AX6 but i only have the clubman engine..those ARC things are pretty good allthough i havent driven one ..its hard to keep up with them in a long race when you have a clubman.

if you ever get the chance to drive Rotax go for it..they are awesome...the tyres I used were alot softer and the kart moved around heaps on them but once you got used to it you could really give it heaps and get away with it..they are just so much fun to drive.