Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jun 2003, 06:09 (Ref:622516)   #1
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The restaurant along mulsanne

How can I reach the restaurant along mulsanne (before first chicane), walking from campsite tetre rouge?
This restaurant was mentioned a few weeks ago in a thread, but I have never been there before. Is the restaurant open late in the (saturday)evening?
Old 6 Jun 2003, 07:09 (Ref:622556)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, its open very late, but if you want to eat there (bear in mind there are 2 restaurants - not one), you will almost certainly have to book. As for getting there on foot -, I'm afraid I can't help you, I'm always driven there. There used to be a map around somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 12:36 (Ref:622824)   #3
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that'd be handy. The Chinese is easier to book I think (especially on Thursday qualifying, that's when I went). But it's easier getting a cab I reckon.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:37 (Ref:623050)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've driven there many times (most years in fact) during the race, or rather, I should say I have been driven there. I don't recall it being all that difficult, but.....

The map I was thinking of used to be on Club Arnage - or so I recall. there is a road map there still, but it doesn't actually pick out the route.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 19:24 (Ref:623135)   #5
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the chances of getting a reservation in either restaurant if I'm going to be arriving about midday Saturday?
Old 6 Jun 2003, 21:38 (Ref:623286)   #6
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You used to be able to cut across fields alongside the straight, but they have security stopping that now.
Best bet now is to go through the tunnel at terte rouge, carry on up the road for a while and cut through the woods.
A long ish walk but at night is definetly worth it. You can still stand near the track just wait till dark and watch out for the gendarmes
Old 6 Jun 2003, 22:03 (Ref:623326)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by serrity
What are the chances of getting a reservation in either restaurant if I'm going to be arriving about midday Saturday?
I don't really know. We managed it back in 86, 87 and 88, but I don't fancy your chances now.

Having said that, remember that the Restaurant des 24 Heures has been a Restaurant Chinois (I think that's right) for a few years now. We've been there in the later evening at times and found it 3/4 empty....

But then again - you can eat Chinese every day of the week at home, I'd rather have a good French menu when I'm in France.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 Jun 2003 at 22:05.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 22:25 (Ref:623352)   #8
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite right Ayse, but the staff at the Chinese are exellent, very hospitable and speak at least 4 languages. The food is also very good. Shame they arn't allowed to open the windows anymore!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 23:31 (Ref:623418)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is that right? Shame indeed. In 86 and 87, we ate in the barn at the back of the restaurant (is it still there now?), but in 88 I well remember eating steak followed my some strawberry conconction inside the restaurant with the cars roaring past just a few yards away. Magical.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:18 (Ref:627009)   #10
Bottle
Rookie

Bottle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We found a place called along the Mulsanne a few years ago (a cafe with a tent at the back), where we went for breakfast on a couple of occasions - is this the same place as mentioned above? (It's just we never noticed a Chinese restaurant).

If it is somewhere different, could you let me know how to get there from the cafe? It's just that I do not intend to eat at the Pizzeria in the village again (90 Euros for 3 of us!).

Thanks
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:45 (Ref:627027)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Welcome Bottle. Sorry, I haven't got the directions, I'm afraid.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:19 (Ref:627138)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The only personn who can help you is Gilles, the only real very local support of hungry english fans !