Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 31 Aug 2001, 22:33 (Ref:139312)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To compete with David's Aussie School topic

Recently a friend told me about www.friendsreunited.co.uk
I took a look for my old uni and found that lots of people who were on my course had registered on the site, same went for my school and some of the nostalgia on the message boards was great fun to read
Old 4 Sep 2001, 14:57 (Ref:141174)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
heehee, i registered on this site, and found a couple of people i went to primary school. can you believe the smart arse i used to sit next to is a trainee lawyer?!

great link, carrie
Old 4 Sep 2001, 20:06 (Ref:141316)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't find any names I recognised from primary school!! It was amazing reading what some people had done with their lives (and in one case, even more amazing the guy was still alive, someone from uni who had a complete death wish!).
I also showed the site to my dad and he was finding people he knew from when he was at college in the 1940s!!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:15 (Ref:141434)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OH

MY

GOD!!!

I mean, I went to a reunion last year, and scared myself badly, but now there are even more of them creeping out of the woodwork. My class of 1984 is coming back to haunt me.

There are an awful lot of memories creeping out from where I left them 17 years ago.

17 years....

OH

MY

GOD!!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:20 (Ref:141439)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Calm down, Tim, no need to panic like that Now, what was I doing 17 years ago - still at primary school
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:28 (Ref:141448)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How to make a happy man very old, in one easy lesson!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:36 (Ref:141454)   #7
Carrie
Veteran

Awwwww
It astounded me some of the things people remembered on that site that I'd forgotten about completely. At secondary school, our Head of First Year had a Daschund that went to all his lessons with him, quite how so many people remembered the dog's name I don't know.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:44 (Ref:141462)   #8
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not quite a dachshund, but our headmaster had a wig that we were convinced was a living pet.

I think it was christened "Astroturf."
Old 6 Sep 2001, 10:31 (Ref:142363)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I found people I used to go to primary school with back in the early 60's...WOW!
Old 6 Sep 2001, 11:27 (Ref:142389)   #10
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A tip!
You are allowed to leave a little message, include you email with this if you want others to contact you, otherwise they charge to reveal your email. Ive found my secondary school and a primary schhol that I attended. But my very first primary school has yet to be listed!

Kelvin
Old 6 Sep 2001, 12:33 (Ref:142419)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Kelvin,

If you add your e-mail address the organisers remove it, that way you have to pay the £5 to contact your old school chums.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 14:52 (Ref:142501)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my god! i went to primary school with mel everett off 'mel and rob's hot 30'....
Old 6 Sep 2001, 15:27 (Ref:142517)   #13
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen,

they have not removed the email address yet!!

Kelvin
Old 6 Sep 2001, 17:53 (Ref:142567)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Carrie... thank you SO much for that! WOW!! Wonderful Such fun to remember back and wonder how the hell we got away with some of the antics we got up to... i'll not reprint them here though, just in case anyone from the local nick is reading... ahem...

One thing I was surprised at though - not the amount of people i'd forgotten - but the amount of people who I never knew at all!

The memory board and the photos were a scream too...

Thanks again - a most enjoyable hour has been spent and i'll be back there soon no doubt.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 11:10 (Ref:143973)   #15
Hurricane
Rookie

Hurricane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite an addictive site- we both spent hour looking through it!
If you want to leave your e-mail address, try typing "at" instead of "@"- I'm guessing the software searches for "@"s to weed outE-mail addresses.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 11:10 (Ref:143974)   #16
Hurricane
Rookie

Hurricane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite an addictive site- we both spent hour looking through it!
If you want to leave your e-mail address, try typing "at" instead of "@"- I'm guessing the software searches for "@"s to weed outE-mail addresses.- but then again, £5 for a year isn't that much!