Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 22 Mar 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3518309)   #1
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the best Tilke track yet?

This http://www.racer.com/north-american-...nver-this-year looks like it could be Bureau Hermann Tilke's best track design yet. At least, from the aerial view, it looks pretty good and has got a great flow.

Call me very positively surprised! How about you?
Old 22 Mar 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3518356)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly I've seen worse from him. That track could be up there with Istanbul Park and COTA.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3518383)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan at all

I know it's not designed to be a racing circuit rather a rich boys playpark for their Porsches and Ferrari's but really, its unimaginative.

T1 80 degree corner into a very awkward and clumsy looking T2 and T3 loop. Flat through T4 into 90 right T5 ... lifted straight from the back section of Fuji. At fuji the optional loop is on the inside not the outside before the next corner.

Oh a technical bit, the wiggles worked for Austin so lets make open wiggles ...I'll call them esses an other big 180 loop and some tighter wiggles on the way out to an over sized loopy corner so that the pit entry is on the correct side.

Nah, not for me.

If someone presented this on here as their own design, I'd be equally critical.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 17:09 (Ref:3518389)   #4
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it looks like at Tilke version of Sears Point/Sonoma. If this is for track days and not for racing then I dont know why he would have tight corners after long straights that would normaly encourage overtaking. I would have made T1 faster, fast esses at T4, replaced T5 and 6 with a multi apex corner, straight between that and T9. I might make a picture of what I mean when I get home. If we take Istanbul as a 10/10 I would have said this is a 6/10. Theres some parts I like but
Old 22 Mar 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3518436)   #5
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one thing from Tilke is that he puts out one magnificent track (Sepang) and then some unexplainable absurd track without a plot at all.(COTA,Korea) This one looks like my early track design attempts, looks a bit amateurish but I respect his designs, after all people keep hiring him for track designs, though if I had money to build a track I rather call bio to make a design.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3520049)   #6
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very similar to the Circuit de Bresse in France (club track).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ythbw8jLhx...ES+CIRCUIT.jpg