Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Feb 2000, 10:41 (Ref:14153)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With only a little over a month to go...who else is going? Maybe something can be organised (tickets finally arrived..woohoo).
Old 4 Feb 2000, 08:20 (Ref:14154)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I'll be there, all four days, we're in the Clark stand.
Old 4 Feb 2000, 13:03 (Ref:14155)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm there for all 4 days in the Brabham stand, though if it is the same as previous years I am rarely there for the first 3 days.

Shall we organise something...actually get to meet? It seems that most people from these places I get to meet the second time something is organised. I almost always miss them the first time. So seeing as this is attempt number 2, we have some chance.
Old 5 Feb 2000, 22:31 (Ref:14156)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds Good to me.
Old 29 Feb 2000, 07:49 (Ref:14157)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I've already made arrangemants with elephino, but here's an open invitation, to meet up with any other 10/10ers, I shall try to be at McDonalds on the back straight at albert Park during the first Formula ford session, in a HRT polo shirt. See y'all there?
Old 13 Mar 2000, 00:01 (Ref:14159)   #6
elephino
Veteran

Overpriced food was always going to happen, but it still stuns me each year how much it costs.

Dreadful views? Well they did cut off my favourite spot for taking photos

Lunatics in the grandstand...a few of them. Mind you the sea of Ferrari fans after the race was amazing.

Almost snuck into the paddock. Was at the driver photo thing on the Thursday and saw Hakkinen and Fisichella. Even climbed a fence to get shots of Mika (wasn't supposed to, got told to get down after Mika left).

Didn't bump into any celebs, but did meet up with David, Falc and alfacors.

I finally got to drive the Great Ocean Road. Something I suggest everyone do at some point. Lots of fun and great views.

Now I wait to see how the photos turned out.
Old 13 Mar 2000, 10:25 (Ref:14158)   #7
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the race is over, how was it you lucky folks who went, let us know what you got upto..

overpriced food, dreadful views, lunatics in the grandstand, sneaking into the paddock, bumping into celebs etc. etc.
Old 19 Mar 2000, 00:44 (Ref:14160)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Had a great time. Can't imagine what i spent on food. Lots and lots of Ferrari fans but also many McLaren, jordan and Jag fans too. Many, many overseas tourists, mostly european. Met up with Elephino and Falcadore, also met and had a brief chat with Mark Webber, very pleasant young man and very, very talented. On sunday night we went to the heart of Melbourne's Italian district, wow! 1 big street party, Ferraris and plenty more cruising the streets, hundereds of au fresco cafes and restaurants all overflowing with patrons. We got free wine with our dinner because I was wearing a Ferrari t-shirt Had a great tiem but the support program could use some improvement.