Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2003, 13:37 (Ref:614745)   #1
Plumbton
Rookie

Plumbton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LM Virgin

I am a LM Virgin and but will be attending this year.We are not travelling until Friday and hope to be at the circuit by 1pm.Will we find it hard work to find our site this late.Camping in Karting Nord.
Old 30 May 2003, 13:42 (Ref:614747)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd get there a lot earlier if i was you. i have no idea re: camping....but the traffic around the circuit at that time is HORRENDOUS!
Old 30 May 2003, 13:47 (Ref:614757)   #3
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: LM Virgin

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumbton
I am a LM Virgin and but will be attending this year.We are not travelling until Friday and hope to be at the circuit by 1pm.Will we find it hard work to find our site this late.Camping in Karting Nord.
Is that 1pm on Friday or Saturday. If it is 1pm friday you might find some camping space - if it Saturday you are going to spend hours and hours in traffic!!!
Old 30 May 2003, 13:59 (Ref:614770)   #4
Plumbton
Rookie

Plumbton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re:LM Virgin

Hopefully 1pm Friday we should be in Calais by 8am.
Old 30 May 2003, 16:31 (Ref:614953)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Plumbton!

Although you've got (I assume) a camping permit, you can bet your bottom dollar that arriving that late you'll be left with the space that no-one else really wants. Never mind, you're gonna be there and that's the important thing. I assume you're coming over with a group who've been before?

And while we're at it, who else, like Plumbton, is off to Le Mans for the first time?

(Jeez, I was only 28 when I first went...... )
Old 30 May 2003, 16:37 (Ref:614960)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
28!

I'm not hanging about here that long!
Old 30 May 2003, 17:24 (Ref:615014)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I was... 7 !!!

For Plumbton : and remember, the earlier the best !
Old 30 May 2003, 18:31 (Ref:615081)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
23 for me
Old 30 May 2003, 18:37 (Ref:615087)   #9
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: LM Virgin

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumbton
I associate myself to the welcome of Fab !

Hoping you won't have the worst pitch for your first year.

However, I'm here if you need any local tips...

.. a wonderful map has been drawn on CA forum ( www.clubarnage.com )for places to go in the city with all the essentials(wine spots, best bakery, restaurant, butchery,...)

keep in touch,

see you in june, either at the shampoo bar saturday night or in my case at the village !

Gilles

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 30 May 2003, 21:09 (Ref:615243)   #10
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Plumbton

Good luck with the camping.

Try to get to Arnage and Mulsanne corners as well if you can. Arnage is well worth the effort.

FG
Old 30 May 2003, 22:06 (Ref:615295)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
23 for me
37 for me. in 1998. i remember it easily as i was helping caption podium pictures in the press centre and someone asked me the date..."7th june" i said, then i thought to myself and realised out loud..."**** - its my birthday!"

only le mans can make you forget things like that!

true story.
Old 30 May 2003, 22:17 (Ref:615311)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in the dark ages, 18, 1978 for me. Been just about every year since.

If you need any info drop me a line PM or e mail.

Simon
Old 31 May 2003, 20:34 (Ref:616118)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was 21, in 1984.

Luckily, i've never missed an edition since that year.
But i missed the starts in 1989 and 1990 because of... english examinations on saturday !

Plumbton, normally, you will NOT sleep during your first LM.

Just bring your tickets and a radio. Enjoy yourself !

Last edited by PascaLM; 31 May 2003 at 20:39.
Old 31 May 2003, 20:54 (Ref:616131)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM

Plumbton, normally, you will NOT sleep during your first LM.

Why do people keep talking about sleeping at Le Mans.......?
Old 31 May 2003, 22:03 (Ref:616223)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sleeping? I have no intention of sleepingwhen and if i go to Le Mans....
Old 1 Jun 2003, 07:19 (Ref:616434)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Why do people keep talking about sleeping at Le Mans.......?
I'll do ! not on the track, BTW... I tried in 2000, haw Gawd !
Old 1 Jun 2003, 12:09 (Ref:616635)   #17
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Just bring your tickets and a radio. Enjoy yourself !
just don't forget your credit card too
Old 1 Jun 2003, 13:19 (Ref:616651)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
For me, a cap is really practicle (much more than shades) : you can see more easely the parts in the shadow (pits or track under the trees)...
Old 1 Jun 2003, 14:39 (Ref:616723)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A cap or hat of some description is essential, especially for those who are follicly challenged like me! If I get too much son on the top of my balding head, I get terrible migraines.....
Old 2 Jun 2003, 16:47 (Ref:617990)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Who asked for informations from the Laigné Triangle ? Here's a pic I took this afternoon... this is the view you'll have from there...
Old 4 Jun 2003, 17:23 (Ref:620818)   #21
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going for the first time this year...at the age of 19. Really looking forward to it and I can't wait to go! I'm a marshal so know most things that I should take but is there anything that I might not have thought about?!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 05:51 (Ref:621419)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
I'm going for the first time this year...at the age of 19. Really looking forward to it and I can't wait to go! I'm a marshal so know most things that I should take but is there anything that I might not have thought about?!
Lucky boy ! Marshalling !

Post in the Marshall Forum for specific questions : you may need things we don't use as poor spectators !

And in La Sarthe !

BTW, do you know the post you're going ?
Old 5 Jun 2003, 07:53 (Ref:621482)   #23
solja
Rookie

solja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its my first time to LM at 28 yrs, and my first post here. I would like to thank you all for the useful information I have picked up from all the posts here in readiness for LM.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 09:11 (Ref:621535)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by solja
Its my first time to LM at 28 yrs, and my first post here. I would like to thank you all for the useful information I have picked up from all the posts here in readiness for LM.
and thank you for joining us on THE forum !

Enjoy your stay in La Sarthe !
Old 5 Jun 2003, 11:26 (Ref:621646)   #25
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you marshalling or spectating Chezza? If you're speccying, the standard marshals kit should more than suffice. It does me pretty well anyway.